User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Progress

Default Progress

I know my last thread "Am I bothering you..." had to have come off as really insecure. And I was feeling that way.

When I'm offended, I can leave and never come back, easily. Even though I'm embarrassed now about that post, the communication is probably a good sign for me because usually if I thought someone didn't want me somewhere, you just wouldn't see me again.

And I seriously considered leaving.

But I'm glad I didn't... just been laying a bit lower lately.

I'm glad to have gotten through a little conflict without having to flee. It's progress in my mind, even if it's just online.

So I don't know what I'm trying to say exactly except that I'm back and no longer insecure and yeah, my post was goofy but I'm glad that I can still enjoy and participate and hopefully contribute here. Gosh, I'd have missed this forum if I really left for good.

So thanks for being cool, the lot of you.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I'm glad you didn't leave
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I'm glad you've decided to remain, maliafee.

Unhappy people needn't darken your doorstep. Don't allow bitterness to become contagious.

Thanks guys!!!

Don take my post personally since it not written that way.

You are wondering if people dislike you or think you are trolling.
    But opening of threads like this one is exactly what makes you look like a troll (subtype attention whore).

I am just giving you an insight nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Don take my post personally since it not written that way.

You are wondering if people dislike you or think you are trolling.
    That wasn't what I was wondering, actually...

But opening of threads like this one is exactly what makes you look like a troll (subtype attention whore).

I am just giving you an insight nothing more.
    Yes, in that first post, I was trying to figure out if my effect on the board was negative, and wanted feedback -- a.k.a. I was feeling insecure; I've admitted it.
    My current post however is just an acknowledgement of that weakness and a thanks to people for not judging me too harshly on that.

I think people post all kinds of things on this board that might be perceived (often wrongly) as "attention whorish" or "trolling". But in my opinion, such a perception is based on judging people with a harsh eye, and not allowing them to just be themselves. That kind of criticism is unwarranted, imo.

In my last "Am I bothering..." post, I can see that certain people might have judged me as trolling, but in this post? Really? I find that hard to believe. IF that's true, I really don't know where to draw the line. I'm not going to cease being myself, or cease expressing myself as I see proper just because someone might think, "She is looking for attention by saying that." Because their opinions are incredibly subjective. I didn't write this post for attention (I actually didn't write the first one for attention either but honestly was looking for reasons to allow myself to leave the forum, to cut and run when under pressure, as usual, if I can psycho-analyze myself), but if people see it as attention-whoring, I can't help that. I can't help their judgmental viewpoints, either.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    When I'm offended, I can leave and never come back, easily. Even though I'm embarrassed now about that post, the communication is probably a good sign for me because usually if I thought someone didn't want me somewhere, you just wouldn't see me again.

And I seriously considered leaving.
    And if that happened, the mob would be ganging up on me.

I apologize again for whatever hurt I caused with my words, I certainly didn't mean them to be taken that seriously. I was largely explaining why I was putting you on my ignore list.

And even if I really did have the meanest of intentions in that statement, again it's only the words of one member here. As you saw in the other thread, there were plenty more people who appreciated your presence here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    And if that happened, the mob would be ganging up on me.

I apologize again for whatever hurt I caused with my words, I certainly didn't mean them to be taken that seriously. I was largely explaining why I was putting you on my ignore list.

And even if I really did have the meanest of intentions in that statement, again it's only the words of one member here. As you saw in the other thread, there were plenty more people who appreciated your presence here.
    Peguy, you are so long forgiven! I no longer consider you antagonistic in the least. Please don't worry.

I was responding to someone else for calling my post trollish.

You are terrific. And besides, I shouldn't be so sensitive!

I'm surprised you're 25 though, because for some reason I thought you were much older and sage-y-er.

Thanks for staying! You've done well. Being open and sharing an insecurity takes courage - how could anyone hope for a more healthy way of dealing with something? But I wouldn't even consider you any more insecure than anybody else in the world. It was just in the light for a moment and now everything is back to normal.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    So thanks for being cool, the lot of you.

No problem. You seem like a very likable person.