Damn that's a tasty ass pizza.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Malia, you seem pretty cool to me. And I'll let you in on a little secret. I got some mixed reactions when I joined this forum too. The great majority of the comments I got were along the lines of "you are so refreshing!" and "I love your sense of humor!" But I was also called "creepy" by one person, a "lecher" by another, I was asked if I was putting on an act, one person told me "I pity you", and another said I "brought the IQ of the board down 50 points." Rick Nelson said "You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." And he wasn't just talking about in bed.

The point is that this whole forum is based around people being themselves. What makes people tick, and what we can maybe learn from that. Whatever anyone thinks of me, all I can do is be me. It doesn't mean I take a hostile "I'm a jerk and you have to deal with it" attitude, it just means I don't sit around worrying if I'm bothering someone or not. If someone really is bothered by me, and they actually tell me, it might be something we can actually work out. It's happened on a few occasions. But if they just hold something against me from afar, then, hey, that's their problem, not mine. Life goes on. And it's too short to walk on eggshells or constantly worry that I might be doing something wrong. So I say Rock on with your cool self. And if the Devil doesn't like it, he can sit on a tack.

Yeah, there's a reason SPs don't do metaphors.

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Thanks for staying! You've done well. Being open and sharing an insecurity takes courage - how could anyone hope for a more healthy way of dealing with something? But I wouldn't even consider you any more insecure than anybody else in the world. It was just in the light for a moment and now everything is back to normal.
    Oh, and I very rarely give advice, unless someone asks me, but one thing I can tell you. Malia, is that listening to LucrativeSid is usually a good thing to do.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    But opening of threads like this one is exactly what makes you look like a troll (subtype attention whore).
    Attention whoring and trolling are very different things. Trolling involves trying to get a reaction out of or bait someone into a debate by using personal insults or by giving the perception of personal insults. Attention whoring is just that, whoring for attention.

This is not to say that I consider maliafee an attention whore.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

mal....by "one of those moments" in the (hook up) thread, i mean one of these moments. As in Ne feeding Ne much the same as what compels one to start a thread due to a feeling of misunderstanding. Difference is Ne feeding Ne makes placing thought into words to appear very ambiguous.

I would start a thread but it would be very amiguous. Proof: just take a peak at my threads. At least this one is very legit. And Ne tells me it's bigtime MBTI related. The other Ne knows how but it's too busy being jealous of the other Ne function.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Malia, you seem pretty cool to me. And I'll let you in on a little secret. I got some mixed reactions when I joined this forum too. The great majority of the comments I got were along the lines of "you are so refreshing!" and "I love your sense of humor!" But I was also called "creepy" by one person, a "lecher" by another, I was asked if I was putting on an act, one person told me "I pity you", and another said I "brought the IQ of the board down 50 points." Rick Nelson said "You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." And he wasn't just talking about in bed.

The point is that this whole forum is based around people being themselves. What makes people tick, and what we can maybe learn from that. Whatever anyone thinks of me, all I can do is be me. It doesn't mean I take a hostile "I'm a jerk and you have to deal with it" attitude, it just means I don't sit around worrying if I'm bothering someone or not. If someone really is bothered by me, and they actually tell me, it might be something we can actually work out. It's happened on a few occasions. But if they just hold something against me from afar, then, hey, that's their problem, not mine. Life goes on. And it's too short to walk on eggshells or constantly worry that I might be doing something wrong. So I say Rock on with your cool self. And if the Devil doesn't like it, he can sit on a tack.

Oh, and I very rarely give advice, unless someone asks me, but one thing I can tell you. Malia, is that listening to LucrativeSid is usually a good thing to do.
    Awesome avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Damn that's a tasty ass pizza.
    I ate two pieces of that thing!!! *yum*

malia, I totally get what you are saying about shutting up the shop and getting out of town when you have upset people. Do you do this in other parts of your life as well? (I do sometimes so it just sounded familiar) I like pizza.

First off, thanks to those of you who've said nice things to me, and have been supportive.

As to Jeffster, thanks for sharing your initial experience on this site. That was good to hear, especially from someone who I admire so much on this forum.

Your advice is just what I needed to hear. I don't worry THAT much about what people think until they seem really upset with me, and then I feel terrible that I've somehow upset them... but you're absolutely correct -- all we can do is be ourselves.

P.S. I liked your metaphor! Haha...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Moved from Bonfire... and I'm glad you're staying.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Malia, you seem pretty cool to me. And I'll let you in on a little secret. I got some mixed reactions when I joined this forum too. The great majority of the comments I got were along the lines of "you are so refreshing!" and "I love your sense of humor!" But I was also called "creepy" by one person, a "lecher" by another, I was asked if I was putting on an act, one person told me "I pity you", and another said I "brought the IQ of the board down 50 points."
    Hey, you left out my insults! I worked on those, man!

malia,

Who are you? Oh that's right, the chef. Chef malia. Emerralia.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone thinks about leaving the forum at least once a week.

Sincerely,
    Edahn