User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Artist... yes... but not professional (yet)...
    Favorite drawing media: colored pencil, graphite, pen and ink
    Favorite painting media: transparent water colors, gouache, acrylics (sometimes)... also, I like to wash out old jars, remove the labels, and paint pictures and designs... the bigger ones can become vases and the smaller ones can become holders for little objects, such as Q-tips.
    Since September, I have been learning how to do jewelry design.
    More crafty stuff: I draw pictures on material and then embroider it, in effect, painting with thread. Also I crochet. Lately, I have been crocheting small afghans with granny squares in a variety of patterns, which I donate to a nursing home for people in wheelchairs.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

I am an artist when I'm an artist. I do a lot of other S things in between (like cook and garden and make random things... definitely artisan then). And then for a feverish time I write songs or make drawings and at that time I'm an artist.

My ESTP brother makes beautiful furniture but is a self-described NON-artist in any other way.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I think ESTPs are the one SP left out of the loop with this
    Nah, you guys are some of the best at the art of business. Also athletic arts, and politics, which is definitely an art form.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Nah, you guys are some of the best at the art of business. Also athletic arts, and politics, which is definitely an art form.
    I think you're using the word "artist" rather loosely. Of course everyone has a creative talent at something. I have a feeling the OP is referring things directly related to "the arts", generally being visual arts, literature, performance art & music. To call an athlete or politician an artist is somewhat demeaning to those skilled in THE arts. Why steal their thunder?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I think I just generally see art as you know paintings and stuff but if we are being more general than sure :P art of business sounds good

MBTI
    IsTP

Writer
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Well, i am skilled in the art of physically improvising. However I am not an artist in the word dealing with human art. I've never held a pen or brush and succesfully managed to shape anything of visual value.

Like the ISTP member "?" suitably concluded our(SP's) skill is improvising.. and in that aspect i exceel.. atleast when engaging in physical matters. I've yet to discover other talents...
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think you're using the word "artist" rather loosely.
    If by loosely, you mean awesomely, then yes, you're right.

Of course everyone has a creative talent at something.
    Not all are in arts, though. That's why I think Keirsey's definition of art being "the next action is a free variable, rather than a fixed constant" is the best I've ever heard. A ton of people are better at those "fixed constants." It's the opposite of improvisation, and it can still be creative, yes, but creative is different than artistic.

I have a feeling the OP is referring things directly related to "the arts", generally being visual arts, literature, performance art & music.
    "Fine" arts are indeed what a lot of people think of, but they are certainly not the only arts. Watch a martial artist in action for a time, or a blacksmith, or a skateboarder, and tell me they are not artists.

To call an athlete or politician an artist is somewhat demeaning to those skilled in THE arts.
    No, no it isn't in the slightest. What an absurd idea. It's the other way around. It's demeaning to single out only a few of the arts and make those out to be somehow more special.

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I think I just generally see art as you know paintings and stuff but if we are being more general than sure :P art of business sounds good
    Haha, you reminded me of that sketch from "The State", where they have the talk show with all the snooty "expert" people and the host asks all intense "What....is....art?" and one of the panelists shifts around in his chair for a long time looking like he's pondering it hard and then says "you mean like....paintings and stuff?"
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think you're using the word "artist" rather loosely. Of course everyone has a creative talent at something. I have a feeling the OP is referring things directly related to "the arts", generally being visual arts, literature, performance art & music. To call an athlete or politician an artist is somewhat demeaning to those skilled in THE arts. Why steal their thunder?
    I agree with you. The term "artist" has been thrown around way to loosely in recent years. I think it's time to restore the term to it's original meaning, i.e. those who paint and sculpt. Musicians aren't artists . They. are. musicians. Writers arent' artists. They are writers. Skateboarders aren't artists either, but they may be creative. Many people in many fields can certainly be thought of as being creative.

This whole topic is a pet peeve of mine. I am a REAL artist. I actually use paintbrushes, paint, and canvas.

Haha, you reminded me of that sketch from "The State", where they have the talk show with all the snooty "expert" people and the host asks all intense "What....is....art?" and one of the panelists shifts around in his chair for a long time looking like he's pondering it hard and then says "you mean like....paintings and stuff?"
    haha was it an ESTP that said it? ;p

kinda off topic but ive noticed theres all these youtube videos of types talking and theres none for estp... very tempting lol