• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP Under The Hood

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Do you ever wonder if there are people who never experience moments where they are just "seeing" what's around them? Like when your head goes silent and it's just all there in front of you.

How do you feel about them, (if you think they exist)?

wolfy

awsm
Do you ever wonder if there are people who never experience moments where they are just "seeing" what's around them? Like when your head goes silent and it's just all there in front of you.

From what I've read here they seem to exist. In some ways personally I can't believe it. How could that be so? But then there it is.
But I can't comprehend what that would be like. Would seem like being in jail to me.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not sure if I'm allowed to answer but will anyway cause it's a cool question.

I'm always surprised when people aren't seeing whats right in front of them, what else could they be looking at? they aren't looking at all are they? It's strange, I'm not sure how people like that would even operate.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
From what I've read here they seem to exist. In some ways personally I can't believe it. How could that be so? But then there it is.
But I can't comprehend what that would be like. Would seem like being in jail to me.

Not sure if I'm allowed to answer but will anyway cause it's a cool question.

I'm always surprised when people aren't seeing whats right in front of them, what else could they be looking at? they aren't looking at all are they? It's strange, I'm not sure how people like that would even operate.

Combo reply:
Yeah I've seen those convos too, but don't know how much that was really true or it was just the way the question was framed. However, I know some people whom I can believe really just never stop and look. It's weird eh?

Here's something interesting that I stumbled onto about my own brain.

- Look around the room you're in.
- Think to yourself, "what have I not noticed?"

I can explain what happens next (for me) in detail but I'm interested to see how you reply.

wolfy

awsm
Combo reply:
Yeah I've seen those convos too, but don't know how much that was really true or it was just the way the question was framed. However, I know some people whom I can believe really just never stop and look. It's weird eh?

Here's something interesting that I stumbled onto about my own brain.

- Look around the room you're in.
- Think to yourself, "what have I not noticed?"

I can explain what happens next (for me) in detail but I'm interested to see how you reply.

Think to yourself, "what have I not noticed?"

The first time I noticed myself looking. I became aware of my body and how I was looking around. The second time in another room I just noticed more and more aspects of what I was looking at. Basically how it looked.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Ok, how about this one:

To self: "Notice something I (you?) haven't noticed before." Or: "What's something I haven't noticed?"

*grin*

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm in this room most days, there isn't really anything I haven't noticed before, as I look around I start noticing things outside the room, like the little bunny in the window in another building, that sort of stuff.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I'm in this room most days, there isn't really anything I haven't noticed before, as I look around I start noticing things outside the room, like the little bunny in the window in another building, that sort of stuff.

There is plenty in your room you've never noticed. I bet you 10 bucks.

OR maybe this is something that only works for me cause I trained myself for it somehow? Or perhaps a difference between istp and isfp? I sense different reactions to this...

wolfy

awsm

Ok, how about this one:

To self: "Notice something I (you?) haven't noticed before." Or: "What's something I haven't noticed?"

*grin*

My head goes silent and it's just all there in front of me. I don't notice anything I haven't seen before. But I do see it in a different way. Wider I guess. Is that what you are getting at?

I just move out of my head and see how things fit. I quite like the feeling.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

Hmmm, well nothing stands out as "hey I never noticed that!" it's all sort of "yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen that before" whereas there are things outside I'm sure I've never noticed before.

Sometimes when I'm on the train, I'm listening to music but I'm completely aware of my surroundings, I'm actively looking around taking in more details about everything I can see around me, I have no idea what I'm loooking for but I'm taking it all in quite intently. This goes into hyper mode when I'm sightseeing around a new place.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

OR maybe this is something that only works for me cause I trained myself for it somehow? Or perhaps a difference between istp and isfp? I sense different reactions to this...

This definitely made me have a peek around the room after I read it. I honestly think that I am more aware of the things around me than the things themselves, if that makes any sense. It often comes across as OCD, but I am not anal about where things should be, I just notice if they're different than what they were before. (again, if that makes any sense)

wolfy

awsm
Doing that I realised I do what some of those descriptions say. When I look more at something I notice textures etc. Part of me thought that was bullshit but it seems to be the case.

I'd never really noticed that about my thinking. I just did what I did.

maliafee

Also, can I be the ISFP who brings the treats for the boys in the garage? I mean, I don't know how to work on cars, but I can make a mean guacamole...

P.S. I LOVE this thread. Super fun!

wolfy

awsm
Also, can I be the ISFP who brings the treats for the boys in the garage? I mean, I don't know how to work on cars, but I can make a mean guacamole...

P.S. I LOVE this thread. Super fun!

Please do

maliafee

I love Neil Young but don't know that much about his life. I've seen a lot of Clapton stuff and he just seemed to be such an ISFP type of character.

You're right about him, I'm sure. I just like Neil Young even better. ;-)

maliafee

Interesting comparison for VI (proves ISFP type for Neil?) --

Neil Young as a young man:
neil-young-100.jpg

NEIL%20YOUNG.jpg

My ISFP dad as a young man:
DadBabyEzra2.jpg