• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFP / ISTP

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
could someone compare and contrast ISFPs and ISTPs for me? it'd be much appreciated :hug:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some caricatures of ISTPs:

Boba_Fett.JPG

10227308A~Darth-Maul-Posters.jpg

Some caricatures of ISFPs:
wicket.jpg
winnie.jpg

The reality is more subtile.:D

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I find my closest ISTP friend to be oddly utilitarian in a lot of ways. Then again, that's just my perspective.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My closest cousin is an ISFP... I feel oddly protective of her. She's like a "sensitive" me. She admits she takes everything personally, but over time has been better about objectifying it. I often worry that she takes EVERYONE'S feelings into consideration before her own, but she always manages to prove pretty capable. :) But we're both equally as fun and spontaneous. We used to be partners in crime ;)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I know an ISFP or two (typed by me).

Similar:
We are both laid back. Appreciative of small artistic details that most people wouldn't notice. Seemingly open to lots of things. Can "float around" without a plan.

Different:
ISTP is perhaps higher energy, or if not energy, intensity. ISFP is strongly non-confrontational.
Contrast is most obvious under stress. Similar to what StephMC939 says above, they seem to take things personally, even though they aren't from my, (supposedly) more objective view.

They're likable, overall.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
They are both SP types so they like seeing immediate impact and rewards for their efforts, they enjoy solving problems (to the contrary I don't think that ISTPs prefer to solve problems that involve people any less than ISFP), and they like their freedom to choose to do or not do. Aside from the obvious in both prefering different dominant functions, I see very little difference except the behind the scenes interaction style may make the ISFP appear more shy than they are and the chart the course interaction style make ISTPs appear more outgoing than they truly are.

rooo

MBTI Type
isfp
an ISTP and an ISFP in the same bed=best night ever.