• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Counterpart for an ESFP

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
My ESFP cousin wants to know what her ideal romantic counterpart would be. I know that the one for INTP is often considered to be INFJ, but I don't know about for ESFP. ESTJ, perhaps?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It depends who you ask and what she likes/wants.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
At least three of those four are totally subjective. The fourth is subjective but possible to discern.

I'd say the last is generally associated with Judging types.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Her specifications are "funny and cute and nice". And respectful. Whatever that means.

Gaaaa -- crazy ESFPs!!!
(You can't get a useful set of requirements from them, even when you ask!)

It depends on the ESFP, I think. They are so fun and flexy that they can deal with many different types of people; it's usually more of a question about whether the SO can handle them. Someone with structure or direction usually helps, to complement their energy.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFPs annoy me. They always seem to think I'm uptight.

But at least they don't nag like the ExFJs and ask about every little detail about your life (that second one is probably truer of ESFJs).

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Gaaaa -- crazy ESFPs!!!
(You can't get a useful set of requirements from them, even when you ask!)

It depends on the ESFP, I think. They are so fun and flexy that they can deal with many different types of people; it's usually more of a question about whether the SO can handle them. Someone with structure or direction usually helps, to complement their energy.
Yeah...and she tends to follow a more conservative, structured branch of Christianity than I do.

E.g., volunteered to attend a college where she has to wear a skirt during class as part of the dress code.

And I don't think she'd do ok with an introvert long-term. From my experience, she needs about constant social interaction. And more involved social interaction as well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah...and she tends to follow a more conservative, structured branch of Christianity than I do. E.g., volunteered to attend a college where she has to wear a skirt during class as part of the dress code.

Well, then, aside from type, she will need someone who at least fits into her value system.

And I don't think she'd do ok with an introvert long-term. From my experience, she needs about constant social interaction. And more involved social interaction as well.

Then you already have a better handle on her than we do. It seems that she will need an E to play with.

As far as the rest:
- she is an xSFP, so she can deal well with another S OR an N, most likely. (SFP emulates N in some ways).
- If she needs some structure to her life, a T partner would help to counter her F. If she has developed structure skills, she might enjoy the emotional interplay of F with someone who shares her values.
- Again, more structure = J. More play = P.

Much of it depends on how successful she is at being well-rounded herself, and how many coping skills she has developed. The more she can cope on her own, the less she needs someone to fill in missing pieces.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
My ESFP cousin wants to know what her ideal romantic counterpart would be. I know that the one for INTP is often considered to be INFJ, but I don't know about for ESFP. ESTJ, perhaps?

ISTJ

...and that's not a joke.

I heard once that the best match is only keeping the second letter the same. Seems true to me (in my experience, and everyone who I talk to about it's experience). This is typically the case for long-term (successful) relationships, though. It may take a while to actually develop the attraction, whereas people tend to be immediately attracted to people who have every letter different (INTJs in this case).

Of course, this is all taking looks out of the equation.

EDIT to add: Now I see this... http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...eirsey-compatibility-chart-justification.html ... Economica's quote on the first page seems spot on.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
INTP of course.

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
well, I tend to think that I'm an ESFP sometimes, and the person I love the most is an ESFJ. (friend anyway) I also like ESTP, INTP, ENFP, and ISFP.
wow, I like a lot of Ps!

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
A dance partner or a parole officer. Wherever possible, someone who can be both.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only know one E(S?)FP, and she's married to what appears to be an IN(T?)P.

In theory I think an ESFP would work well with any xxTP. T to bring balance to the F, and I think a J would be too frustrated. But theory's only theory.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I have heard some people say that they dont think of MBTI as a very good evaluator of romantic potential for a given match. And while it’s true that there are many areas of a relationship that cannot be examined via the MBTI I can tell you for certain that there are some patterns out there which the MBTI makes it very easy for you to grasp. In this article I will present three matchmaking models that will outline these patterns so that you can easily recognize them yourself.

Postmodern Mind - Romantic Matches and MBTI