User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: How do you get an ISTP to fall for you?

  1. #41
    Sugar Hiccup Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I would like to know where this attitude comes from. Seriously. "Well I like this guy, but I'm never going to do anything or ask him out or anything because it's the GUY'S job to do that! Why? I don't know, it just IS!"
    It's traditional for men to take the lead, as men were supposed to be the head of the home. People used to date or court intending to marry, so it was the man who decided he was ready to marry and pursue a woman, as he would be the head of the relationship he was seeking to establish.

    A woman who was very forward in dating/courting was seen as desperate, slutty, or usurping the man's role as the head.

    Even though things have changed very much, there are still underlying attitudes towards women who initiate, and many modern women don't want to admit they desire the man to take the lead when they secretly do, because they know the implications of those feelings.

    I think it's cool when women have the guts to initiate things, because I cannot do it. I'm happy to be a woman and leave the pursuing to men . Seriously though, many women will realize they need to make effort if they want their interest in a guy to go anywhere.

    Women do often have ways of letting someone know they are interested, but they use indirect means as society frowned on us being direct in the past.
    There's a subtle, flirty way that woman manipulate men and get them to do what they want (ie. date, marry). It's a way of chasing without looking like a hussy . I have not learned this art, and so I am single...
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  2. #42
    Magical Array BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    Yeah someone that comes on too strong (and I mean WAY too strong) will seem slutty, but otherwise it's fine. I guess a lot of people aren't that open minded. But in general I hate gender expectations.

    I just say screw them and make your moves anyway. If someone accuses you of being a slut then point out how superficial they are and question them.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Seriously though, many women will realize they need to make effort if they want their interest in a guy to go anywhere.
    Good to know, at least from having it said from a female. I figured it was like this regardless.
    () 9w8-4w3-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #43
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    168

    Default

    These “how to get an (fill in the type) to (fill in your desire)” threads are hilarious. If people were really that simple, so that all you needed was their type and directions on the right buttons to push for that type, all you teenagers on here might actually be out there getting laid instead of spending your time on this board.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

  4. #44
    rawr Array Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    These “how to get an (fill in the type) to (fill in your desire)” threads are hilarious. If people were really that simple, so that all you needed was their type and directions on the right buttons to push for that type, all you teenagers on here might actually be out there getting laid instead of spending your time on this board.
    People are that simple! Or at least, I am!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  5. #45
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Wear really tight pants.
    Look beautiful.
    So, that was your strategy for netting yours, eh?

  6. #46
    Senior Member Array King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

    Women do often have ways of letting someone know they are interested, but they use indirect means as society frowned on us being direct in the past.
    There's a subtle, flirty way that woman manipulate men and get them to do what they want (ie. date, marry). It's a way of chasing without looking like a hussy . I have not learned this art, and so I am single...
    Yea. IME, this method works better every single time. I've never had luck with a guy that I showed blatant interest in. Always been better off just smiling, making casual conversation, or doing absolutely nothing. Which is why I haven't been single for very long periods of time I spose! Men like to do the chasing, ladies like to be chased. (Well, that's how it works with me anyway.) I don't like trying to make a guy like me. Even if I "catch" them I feel pretty unachieved still. Its more fun when they want me first and they did some work. More fun for them, too.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Array INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    Well obviously someone hasn't read "He's Just Not That Into You"
    I was just thinking the same thing!
    However, I think that theory might apply more to guys in their 20's or older.
    How old is this ISTP anyway?

    When guys are in their teens, I think there's a lot more insecurity and they are less likely to reveal their feelings, even if they DO like a girl.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Array INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    So, that was your strategy for netting yours, eh?
    Yes.

    Well, that's what worked. It wasn't a strategy per se.
    Let's just say it's a good thing Spandex pants were in style at that time (1980).
    And he's the only guy who ever thought I was beautiful,
    so I guess it was a match made in heaven.

    I've noticed my 18 year old ISTP son is always bringing home the ones who wear makeup... or at least was. He finally found one who seems to be secure enough in her natural beauty that she doesn't need to wear a ton of eyeliner.


    btw: BlackCat... I proposed to my husband first.
    (But since when do INTJs follow social rules?)

  9. #49
    Controlled Mischief Array StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    I can definitely vouch that people who are upfront with me are -much- more appreciated, and I can respond a lot more upfront in return. In fact, I feel most comfortable around these people. I get bored with people that try to play games with me (even if that's not what you're -trying- to do, hot + cold people can be exhausting for me), and eventually stop putting in any effort. So just be flat out with him. He may retreat a bit, but if he comes back.. that's probably a pretty good sign. And just FYI... I can't vouch for any other ISTPs, but I almost always mean exactly what I say, even if some things sound contradicting. For instance, I casually dated someone once, and after I made it known that I wasn't looking for a huge commitment, I felt more comfortable telling him I cared about him. That may not make sense, but I never thought caring about someone = must be committed to them. A good thing to keep in mind when you confront an ISTP about relationships and emotions and such :P

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    That's my current strategy, I'm not doing anything...I have a feeling it's just going to fizzle out. I just know that we will bump into each other again and that amazing chemistry will be there...

    I want to get him out of my head, I care way too much. It's not that I'm trying to "trap" him...I just like him and want to date, why is that so bad? I guess to him that's a "trap" (so f'd up in my opinion). The thing is I try so hard to play it cool with him that he's stated that I don't act like I like him, but come on...it's so friggin obvious.

    ...and yes I make everything more complicated than it should be, I'm a pro at that. I know we are not the best match but it is so hard to find that chemistry...I can't let go!

    You do the hot/cold thing as a response to him "acting" like he's not interested. This is confusing, and a game I refuse to play with people.

    He states that you act like you don't like him because you try to "play it cool" and keep things casual, perhaps because you think that's what he wants.

    The way I see it now, is that you both obviously know what's up. The games you both play with each other is making things overly complicated and confusing, since you are both so different, but similar in that you're both introverts. I originally thought that he was completely oblivious, but it doesn't seem that way now.

    Personally, I don't do these feeling clue things, because I can't understand what it is you truly want, even if I think I might have some idea. I don't see the point of being anything other than straight-forward about what I want or need.

    If you really want this resolved, like you say you do, rather than continuing to go in circles, realize that's probably the way he is as well, and sit down with him to have a straight-forward conversation to figure out what both of you want. He'll probably appreciate that, and respond by being open, honest, and straight-forward as well.
    Likes kcgallardo1985 liked this post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] How To Get An INFP To Sleep With You
    By *poke* in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 11:00 AM
  2. [INFJ] How do you get an INFJ to forgive you?
    By Julie1962 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
  3. [INFJ] How do you get an INFJ to trust you?
    By EricHanson in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 07:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •