• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP: What's your enneagram?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am starting to wonder if I am a 9.

This kinda hit me.

To compensate for being out of touch with their instinctual energies, Nines also retreat into their minds and their emotional fantasies. (This is why Nines can sometimes misidentify themselves as Fives and Sevens, “head types,” or as Twos and Fours, “feeling types.”) Furthermore, when their instinctive energies are out of balance, Nines use these very energies against themselves, damming up their own power so that everything in their psyches becomes static and inert. When their energy is not used, it stagnates like a spring-fed lake that becomes so full that its own weight dams up the springs that feed it. When Nines are in balance with their Instinctive Center and its energy, however, they are like a great river, carrying everything along with it effortlessly.

tetsuwanatom

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I am a 9 :)

I think type 9 is very ISTP, especially the stuff about "peace and harmony" which seems to be the logical end point for the universal human values of Ti.
Also, a healthy 9 is very much sensate, whereas an unhealthy 9 sounds a lot like an ISTP using Ni for tertiary defense.
9's fear/weakness of not being truly who they are but just going along with whoever they are with/admire/love, sounds like inferior Fe.

I think I am 9w1 though I am not yet sure about that, need more Se for my Ti to mull over, hehe.

side note: 9w1 types tend to be mistyped as E5. see this post by stormy who types himself as 5 here (but actually later decides he is 9w1):
The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board - 9w8 vs. 9w1

KDude

I'm a 9 as well.. But 9w8..

I disagree about some of the descriptions in that Enneagram thread you linked to. "Passive-Aggressive slacker". I try to maintain harmony and be passive, but if it doesn't work, I end up just overtly ending something if it persists. So it's passive "and" aggressive. Two distinct behaviors. A passive-aggressive to me is someone who tries to attack back underhandedly, and with a smile on their face.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Go here and find out if you like:

Personality Tests and Tools

:happy:

Thanks for posting this link Halla...I took the long test which is suspect is more accurate than the short test I took. Now I am going to find an appropriate place to post my results so I can have someone help me figure out all this wing stuff...:)

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome!!! I am 7w8 too! :happy:

How can an ESTP be anything but 7w8?

I don't get it. :newwink:

Well I'm 8w7 so it's possible! ;)

Go here and find out if you like:

Personality Tests and Tools

:happy:

Took the Advanced Test (131 questions)

Your main type is Type 8
Your variant is sexual sx/so/sp

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 38%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 65%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 47%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 40%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 47%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 51%

My second-highest score after 7 and 8 was 3 at 65%, so I guess I can see ESTPs as 3s :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first times I've tkaen enneagram test, I got the same score for 5 and the same for 7, associating 5 with Ti and 7 with Se, and I thought enneagram was bullshit. Until I read descriptions of the 9 wich hit on me.

I'm an ISTP 9w8 sx/so/sp.

KDude

how do you determine sx/so/sp? the tests i took never said anything about it

edit: wait, nvm.. found a thread on it

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
2w3 :cheese: I'm a nice and helpful person..

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
I've done a few Ennegram tests over the last few days - it seems I'm either a 5w6 or 9w1.

Eclectic Energies: 9w1 (9>5=6>1>8 and 9w1>9w8>1w9>5w6=6w5) for the longer test, 9w1 sp for the shorter test
PSTypes: 5w6 (5 and 9 were close: 45 vs 42 )
Ennegram Institute (35Q): 5-6-9 tie
HandPrint: Type 5
SelectSmart: Type 5>9>4>3>6>1>7>2>8
Enneagraph: 5>9>1=2=6=8>3=4=>7