• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP: What's your enneagram?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Interesting, I would be surprised if ESTP was anything but E3, E7 or E8. E1 seems too rigid, E2, E4 is just not happening, E5 clearly is mistyping due to intellect, 6w7 and 9w8 possibly if strong wings.

Last edited:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I did type as 7w8 according to one test , but I took other test and was typed 9w8.
Ptypes makes that claim, however he will not give me any feedback as to why he equates ISTP with 7w8. I would say that it's a combo of Keirsey and at the time, Ptypes was pretty much into Socionics so when looking at the introverted correlations, they could be reversed (hence not ruling out 9w1). As most know, there is a comprehensive correlations table on lifexplore.

TheAdaptableUser

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ptypes makes that claim, however he will not give me any feedback as to why he equates ISTP with 7w8. I would say that it's a combo of Keirsey and at the time, Ptypes was pretty much into Socionics so when looking at the introverted correlations, they could be reversed (hence not ruling out 9w1). As most know, there is a comprehensive correlations table on lifexplore.
I stumbled upon the Ptypes site myself. I wondered the same thing. It doesn't give the appropriate amount of detail and therefore the lack of explanation. You could check Oldham's Personality Styles
it appears to have better descriptions.

Unique

I'm shocked at this! Really, LukePD?!!?!

How can an ESTP be type 3??? Very surprising!

Interesting, I would be surprised if ESTP was anything but E3, E7 or E8. E1 seems too rigid, E2, E4 is just not happening, E5 clearly is mistyping due to intellect, 6w7 and 9w8 possibly if strong and 8 wings.

I agree with "?" on this.

Why is it surprising that I'm a type 3? You don't know me in person so I'll assume you're only surprised because I'm an ESTP. Do you think all ESTPs are going to be type 7s? No way! There huge variance in MBTI type... You can have 2 people of the same type who seem like chalk and cheese.

Hunter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Heh, I just took an Enneagram test... and it gave my dominant as Type 8. Although Type 7 and Type 5 were just barely behind... From what I'm seeing, it's odd for an ISTP or an ISTJ to be Type 8 dominant. XD

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with "?" on this.

Why is it surprising that I'm a type 3? You don't know me in person so I'll assume you're only surprised because I'm an ESTP. Do you think all ESTPs are going to be type 7s? No way! There huge variance in MBTI type... You can have 2 people of the same type who seem like chalk and cheese.

Thou art correct, LukePD, my shock is based on my limited knowledge at this point in time. I know a few ESTX at this point in time, and a few INXJ folks. The INXJ folks are ring 4 and ring 5. The ESTX's are 7, 8. I guess this is a good example of how mutually exclusive MBTI and Enneagram typing are.

Would be interesting to find an INFJ Ring 7!!! :cheese:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Whenever I take an online Enneagram test, I get different answers. It seems to me that there aren't really any good tests online for it. I'd probably have to read through all of the types before I could decide which one is most like me.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have taken two separate enneagram tests. It seems that I am a type seven. That would probably explain my obsession with food and my general level of being scattered and my dislike of being alone (despite being an introvert).
:headphne:

Well that's interesting as hell! I'm ring 7 too, it's a great place to be. Be a rambunctious free spirit and don't let anyone tell you what to do. It's a seriously grand life, I swear it! :D

That's a trip that you're an introvert yet don't like to be alone. Are you socially active or do you get sufficient human interaction from work/school etc? Just curious.

I'm so damn extroverted my skin crawls if I'm alone when I don't want to be. Even if I am damn busy and lock myself in my man cave (aka den as in converted garage) I still like to be able to walk out into the kitchen and grab a soda and say Hi to the wife and kiddies. :violin:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Not liking to be alone is probably unusual for an introvert. My I/E scores are very close to even. I do get overstimulated easily so noisy parties and large crowds are not for me. (I have an auditory processing problem.)
Some of the ways that I get human interaction... I belong to a church choir and to a community chorus, which helps with human interaction as well as my need to sing as much as possible!
When I take long walks, I nearly always meet people who tell me great stories. I enjoy taking the walks by myself but I'm always happy to meet other people to hear their stories.
Last summer, I was part of a group that walked from Chicago to Saint Paul, Minnesota (in seven weeks). I read about the walk on the internet and impulsively decided to join it! It was great fun and good exercise. I stayed with numerous host families along the ways and made loads of new friends.
In a week and a half, I am going to a Victorian tea. I have invited a friend to come with me.
Thank you for the welcome to ring seven. It sounds like seventh heaven! I'm glad to be a part of it.
:smile:

Well that's interesting as hell! I'm ring 7 too, it's a great place to be. Be a rambunctious free spirit and don't let anyone tell you what to do. It's a seriously grand life, I swear it! :D

That's a trip that you're an introvert yet don't like to be alone. Are you socially active or do you get sufficient human interaction from work/school etc? Just curious.

I'm so damn extroverted my skin crawls if I'm alone when I don't want to be. Even if I am damn busy and lock myself in my man cave (aka den as in converted garage) I still like to be able to walk out into the kitchen and grab a soda and say Hi to the wife and kiddies. :violin:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not liking to be alone is probably unusual for an introvert. My I/E scores are very close to even. I do get overstimulated easily so noisy parties and large crowds are not for me. (I have an auditory processing problem.)
Some of the ways that I get human interaction... I belong to a church choir and to a community chorus, which helps with human interaction as well as my need to sing as much as possible!
When I take long walks, I nearly always meet people who tell me great stories. I enjoy taking the walks by myself but I'm always happy to meet other people to hear their stories.
Last summer, I was part of a group that walked from Chicago to Saint Paul, Minnesota (in seven weeks). I read about the walk on the internet and impulsively decided to join it! It was great fun and good exercise. I stayed with numerous host families along the ways and made loads of new friends.
In a week and a half, I am going to a Victorian tea. I have invited a friend to come with me.
Thank you for the welcome to ring seven. It sounds like seventh heaven! I'm glad to be a part of it.
:smile:

That's cool as all get out, I like your method of balancing your E/I characteristics, it seems quite healthy. :D Thanks for sharing!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not liking to be alone is probably unusual for an introvert. :

Nah, probably not that unusual. Introvert doesn't mean hermit. I don't like being alone, I love human interaction, but I don't love large crowds and many hours of non-stop social activities is very draining to me.