• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Is it possible to be a non-creative SP?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Heh I don't either. I really just don't, you aren't alone. ;) That just makes you more unique, or just plain weird like I am! But apart of me DOES want to fit in at the same time.

I will see the response in the morning if you respond by then, since I am sleeping now.

S'ok B.C. I'm weirder than a six-headed cat. And I like it. :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
For your own self fulfillment (such as a form of therapy or relaxation) this might be acceptable, but you would be cheating yourself from improvement and the better realizations of your inspirations if you wish to define yourself as an "artist".

Craft is a signifcant issue. the decision to embrace a high level of craft or deliberately ignore it is an artistic decision and would be made as a deliberate aspect of the meaning of the work. Formal training introduces you to fine craft standards which you can then choose to embrace.

Creativity may have a number of guises outside of the realm of what we consider "Art". Maybe the way we brush our teeth or maneuver our vehicle towards a highway exit ramp give us some satisfaction in a job well done? But here there is still the issue of quality...tooth decay or traffic accident....

Oh I was just referring to type, in the sense that you can be an SP without being a great artist. When trying to type yourself, the desire to create is more important than what you're actually creating.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
From every site I look at, xSxP's are supposed to be creative. I keep finding myself to be like an ISFP, but I consider myself to be a very non-creative person. Could it just be that I haven't discovered my creativity or should I keep looking for a different MBTI type that suits me?
Maybe this will explain what they meany by SP creativity:
The Artisan's core needs are to have the freedom to act without hindrance and to see a marked result from action. Artisans highly value aesthetics, whether in nature or art. Their energies are focused on skillful performance, variety, and stimulation. Artisans tend to be gifted at employing the available means to accomplish an end. Their creativity is revealed by the variety of solutions they come up with. They are talented at using tools, whether the tool be language, theories, a paint brush, or a computer.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Mmm. They really should find a better word for that.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Oh I was just referring to type, in the sense that you can be an SP without being a great artist. When trying to type yourself, the desire to create is more important than what you're actually creating.

Okey dokey. I was writing about formal creativity...not necessarily "great" or even important artwork....Is possible to be a non-creative SP? Well if a knack for creative behaviour is an indicator of the type... I'd say no? And of course the predisposition towards "creating" would not imply any level of result just the act (or impulse?) itself. Sorry I went down the wrong track there.

maliafee

DisneyGeek, as a teenager I was called a piano virtuoso, and I eventually wrote my own music... but I'm a terrible improviser. Not "creative" in the typical sense I suppose. When I first played the piano I was terrible. I love using my hands and I wanted to play more than anything so I obsessively played for HOURS. That's how I got good. The potential is in you, but you don't know where to put it. You have to be willing to get through the hours of incompetence to get to the competence. The doing is the fun part, but obviously having a great result is nice too...

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Mmm. They really should find a better word for that.
Maybe the ESTP description from bestfittype.com says it best:
New stuff, that’s the thrill. I love to learn. I can take a prior experience and lay it right on top of what I’m doing today and carry it all forward, and it’s a snap...... I love the challenge of creating something pleasing to the eye. I like the order, to walk into a place that’s totally chaotic, nothing’s happening, and there’s a great opportunity to straighten things out. I like to get the job of placing all the stuff, making it right so it works.
When younger I always considered myself innovative in finding practical solutions to problems. Some of my colleagues called the results of my solutions creative. I always considered myself a practical artist since my ideas must be applicable. I don't think that the average SP considers themselves creative because they may have a built-in template from past experiences on how to handle a matter. Where the creativity may be seen by others is in our end result, when in actuality we were merely being resourceful by applying existing knowledge of solutions to fit the immediate need.