User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: The Rules

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Default The Rules

How'd you learn to follow the rules and procedures and stuff?

I seem to have developed a problem with this. Even when I realize procedures exist for a reason and they work a certain way... I find myself- that I'd still rather do things the inefficient, dumb way for no other reason than my gut reaction to do so.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Haven't yet.

I seem to have developed a problem with this. Even when I realize procedures exist for a reason and they work a certain way... I find myself- that I'd still rather do things the inefficient, dumb way for no other reason than my gut reaction to do so.
    Yeah, me too. Actually, probably the best way to get to me follow a rule is to tell me to do the opposite.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    TiSe

Yet isnít inefficiency relative, especially when you look at the process that was taken, in hindsight? At the time it seemed the pragmatic thing to do and yes itís usually based on instinct. But to the contrary SPs in general appreciate rules, codes of conduct, organization, etc when they make sense. When they do not make sense, when SPs feel hampered by the rules and regs, when itís clear that the rule being expected to follow is based on a hidden agenda or geared towards someone or a group of people and is obviously unfair, then we choose not to follow it. Be always forewarned that we should always be prepared to deal with the consequences of failing to follow rules.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Depends what the rules are for. I tend to look at the consequences of breaking the rules. Usually they are more than what I would gain. I'm not really aware of that many rules in day-to-day life though. We'd have to talk specifics...

I also have a preference for doing things in the most efficient and logical way, and rules that counter this make me twitch.
    -end of thread-

Why is your gut reaction to do things the dumb, inefficient way? That doesn't make much sense for an SP.

I always look for the most expedient way. All things considered.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Why is your gut reaction to do things the dumb, inefficient way? That doesn't make much sense for an SP.
    Sure it does. But it might be more of an SFP thing.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Thanks for clearing that up, Jeff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I hate systems and procedures, and if I could, I wouldn't listen or follow any. I'd go by my own agenda. But you just can't like a life like that. So, against my self wishes, I've come to learn to follow them and thier significance. Not saying I agree with a lot, or any, but that it would be selfish and hurtful if I didn't..and I'd never risk that over the well being of others.

However, if there's corruption, I'm going to rebel.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISFP

We're in the same boat! Makes me mad whenever my mom criticizes me, grabs my work, and gracefully finishes the work :steam:

However, my clinical instructor was nicer. She told me that I have a unique way of doing things.