User Tag List

First 123

Thread: The Rules

I have my own set of rules I think. But a lot of them coincide with regular, actual rules. :P

My INFJ mom was always driving into my head what to do and when: "Don't forget to wash your hands!" "Brush your teeth!" "Hang up your shirt!" etc., over and over and over, long after I knew what to do... I used to get so mad at her. It was incredibly annoying. She always liked things done a certain way and wanted her environment her way which included me doing things the "right" way (her way).

But now I just do things that seem good to me, and yes, I do find myself doing things inefficiently at times, happy in the familiarity of it. But I also find that sometimes the way I do things is faster and better, and I get compliments.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I have my own set of rules I think. But a lot of them coincide with regular, actual rules. :P

My INFJ mom was always driving into my head what to do and when: "Don't forget to wash your hands!" "Brush your teeth!" "Hang up your shirt!" etc., over and over and over, long after I knew what to do... I used to get so mad at her. It was incredibly annoying. She always liked things done a certain way and wanted her environment her way which included me doing things the "right" way (her way).
    But now I just do things that seem good to me, and yes, I do find myself doing things inefficiently at times, happy in the familiarity of it. But I also find that sometimes the way I do things is faster and better, and I get compliments.
    My INFJ mom does too. Especially with groceries, I start to just place the cabient food in the cabient. My mom told me "Get out the way" and arrange them to "her system". However, my ESTP dad wouldn't care how he would just want them up.