123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default the frightening shadow of the isfp

Studying this type stuff for the last several years, I think that I've been sort of groomed to assume people to stick to the typical descriptions (estj = judgmental asshole, etc. Don't you like how I stopped there? Ha ha ha).

isfps I think, in particular and probably more so than estjs (in my mind), have been boxed in. Sites everywhere list descriptions detailing the isfp as the most calm, welcoming, generally peaceful-in-its-skin type there is. By and large, those that I've come to identify as isfp have some of the kindest minds.

This sort of sets up what I want to present: what I think is maybe the best real-life example of an isfp using her shadow functions with regularity. She is a fairly tall young woman, both well-dressed in some trendy blue denim and sparkly earrings. She also walks in a played-down but confident manner and has that deeper voice. That's it.

The reality is, though, is that I want to run away really fast once I start talking to her. She's an isfp who judges my eyes, my thoughts, just gets under my skin somehow, someway. Like little black holes that bore into my eyes and suck out the plasm.

There were several weeks over the course of the past semester during which I told a few close confidants how I uncomfortable I felt and how I planned on telling her personally when the time was right. Unfortunately for my rotten plans, one day while sitting behind me, she gave me her leftover bag of cookies and I felt like crap.

Regardless, I'd still planned on starting a thread around her sometime.

All facts considered, and clearly as an isfp, I believe that she operates quite extensively using her shadow functions. How often do you unleash your inner entj, isfps? Other thoughts or comments?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

This is strange, you haven't described anything tangible except she gave you some cookies (that was nice).

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    All facts considered, and clearly as an isfp, I believe that she operates quite extensively using her shadow functions. How often do you unleash your inner entj, isfps? Other thoughts or comments?
    Every now and again. If I was going to put a face to it. I'd choose the guy locked up in the basement in The Goonies.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Chuck? He was lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    she gave you some cookies (that was nice).
    Or was it?

Chuck? He was lovely.
    Just like my inner ENTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This is strange, you haven't described anything tangible except she gave you some cookies (that was nice).
    What do you deem tangible that I haven't mentioned?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Just like my inner ENTJ
    Chuck wasn't ENTJ, more ESFP, or did you mean it looks like Chuck? Man I confuse myself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    What do you deem tangible that I haven't mentioned?
    Well all you've said is she makes you feel uncomfortable, how does she make you feel uncomfortable, are you saying our shadow is expressed through a look?

Chuck wasn't ENTJ, more ESFP, or did you mean it looks like Chuck? Man I confuse myself sometimes.
    I meant that I find that side of me useful. Strong and wild with a temper but with good intentions at the core. Just like Chuck. Just my impression of him. Not type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well all you've said is she makes you feel uncomfortable, how does she make you feel uncomfortable, are you saying our shadow is expressed through a look?
    Oh, okay. No, not at all. Really it's more about how her voice is like the smoke from a pipe that shoots out like those cool animations of a bullet being released from a gun and trails off in a whisper of a cat's tail of smoke, but can leave you coughing all the same. I guess it's not so much about the train that runs from her mouth as what I just described (and mixed body language signals) that puts me on edge. Mixed signals all over. She probably needs to be very dominant with whoever is close with her.