User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    It's interesting to consider that every MBTI type is pre-disposed to favor "throwing down" in a particular way vs. another... We must all deal with conflict (and hence require use of tactics and strategy) in our lives.
    But there are temperaments that would have possibly very little preference for tactics/strategy, namely SFJs who (just in theory) would prefer logistics and then possibly diplomacy or NFs who could prefer diplomacy then logistics. I only use feeling types as an example because it seems that utilitarian seems more prone to thinking preference and cooperative to feeling preference (with the exception of STJs). In the end this is mere theory since a direct contradiction would be all SJs being logistical and counter strategic. Ergo per Keirsey it would seem that STJs could be more prone to logistical/tactical.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    But there are temperaments that would have possibly very little preference for tactics/strategy, namely SFJs who (just in theory) would prefer logistics and then possibly diplomacy or NFs who could prefer diplomacy then logistics. I only use feeling types as an example because it seems that utilitarian seems more prone to thinking preference and cooperative to feeling preference (with the exception of STJs). In the end this is mere theory since a direct contradiction would be all SJs being logistical and counter strategic. Ergo per Keirsey it would seem that STJs could be more prone to logistical/tactical.
    Well put! Those are inclinations I do not consider on my own, as they are not my defaults, and at this point I am only beginning to understand my type/similar types well, and those less like mine are still a bit of an enigma.

All I know is that there are some situations of conflict (those involving potential physical injury/threat) where diplomacy and logic are an utter waste of effort. Sad but true, sometimes life throws stuff like that at us.

Best,

-Alex

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm going to use the tactic of copying and pasting now, to put in this from my "Artisan temperament" thread:

Speaking of mornings, that's when the tactics begin at my place. More often than not, I wake up late and have immediate decisions to make about how much time I have to get ready for work and get my son to school, and have to decide in what order do I do these tasks to try to make both of us as on time as possible. Some days I realize I can still get Morgan to school in time for breakfast, so I focus entirely on crowbarring him out of bed and staying on him, badgering him hard until he's dressed and ready, I just throw on some pants and my shoes and whatever shirt I slept in, and then I drive him to school and drop him off before coming back home to jump in the shower and get myself ready. Sometimes I end up late anyway, but at least one of us was on time. Other days I realize I'm not going to get him there in time for breakfast so I let him take a little more time to get going in his unhurrying style and focus on getting myself ready so I get him breakfast on the go, get him there just a couple minutes late and get myself to work on time because I'm ready to go straight from the school to my office.

Once I get to the office, I have to scan my surroundings, check what stacks of paperwork I've been given, where and what I left off on the previous day and what I need to start doing before the phone calls start coming in. The phone calls themselves are another opportunity for tactics, as I've got to catch on to the scammers, decide whether a call for the owners or GMs is legit or just sales call, take sales numbers from the managers, get the managers who need to perform tasks on their store computers to take care of those, pay attention to whether the tasks I'm having my computer take care of are working properly, all the while not losing track of the work I started doing before the phone rang and be able to pick up where I left off or decide that work needs to be set aside to deal with a different problem or task that has arisen and needs a solution now.

When I still worked in the actual Subway restaurants as a manager, I did have a morning routine, but I still had to react to what was presented to me when I got there in the morning. Did the closer clean the store thoroughly? Did they pan the right amount of bread and prep the right meats/veggies for the morning? Did they handle the cash properly or leave me with improper safe deposits and overrings? Then I had to prioritize and decide quickly what order to do the needed tasks to give us the best chance of getting open on time with all products available for sale and the restaurant clean and ready for customers.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm going to use the tactic of copying and pasting now, to put in this from my "Artisan temperament" thread:

Speaking of mornings, that's when the tactics begin at my place. More often than not, I wake up late and have immediate decisions to make about how much time I have to get ready for work and get my son to school, and have to decide in what order do I do these tasks to try to make both of us as on time as possible. Some days I realize I can still get Morgan to school in time for breakfast, so I focus entirely on crowbarring him out of bed and staying on him, badgering him hard until he's dressed and ready, I just throw on some pants and my shoes and whatever shirt I slept in, and then I drive him to school and drop him off before coming back home to jump in the shower and get myself ready. Sometimes I end up late anyway, but at least one of us was on time. Other days I realize I'm not going to get him there in time for breakfast so I let him take a little more time to get going in his unhurrying style and focus on getting myself ready so I get him breakfast on the go, get him there just a couple minutes late and get myself to work on time because I'm ready to go straight from the school to my office.

Once I get to the office, I have to scan my surroundings, check what stacks of paperwork I've been given, where and what I left off on the previous day and what I need to start doing before the phone calls start coming in. The phone calls themselves are another opportunity for tactics, as I've got to catch on to the scammers, decide whether a call for the owners or GMs is legit or just sales call, take sales numbers from the managers, get the managers who need to perform tasks on their store computers to take care of those, pay attention to whether the tasks I'm having my computer take care of are working properly, all the while not losing track of the work I started doing before the phone rang and be able to pick up where I left off or decide that work needs to be set aside to deal with a different problem or task that has arisen and needs a solution now.

When I still worked in the actual Subway restaurants as a manager, I did have a morning routine, but I still had to react to what was presented to me when I got there in the morning. Did the closer clean the store thoroughly? Did they pan the right amount of bread and prep the right meats/veggies for the morning? Did they handle the cash properly or leave me with improper safe deposits and overrings? Then I had to prioritize and decide quickly what order to do the needed tasks to give us the best chance of getting open on time with all products available for sale and the restaurant clean and ready for customers.
    Jeffster! Nice examples of non-conflict centered tactics! Maybe my mindset is overly militant since I am an Army brat and my Dad is type-A hostile??? I now see the difference in these more everyday, efficiency/productivity tactics than those I discussed above.

Cheers Bro!

-Alex