veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

YEAAAAAAAHH!

Okay, that probly doesn't answer the question, but it fires me up listening to it!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I'm having trouble remembering what I was about to type.

OH! All right. Now I remember.

So, I relate to having typed as all different types and having a really hard time coming to figure out my real type. I have felt like a shape shifter. I hate telling people how I am sometimes because I always feel I have sort of misled them or only told them part of it or... or I panic for .5 second because I don't want them to get the wrong idea of me and not realize I'm MORE than that. I am anything. It's so weird.

That's why I just like being and having no one expect ANYTHING of how I am.

Yeah... so, this is odd.
    I can relate btw. Sometimes I go so much with the flow, that when people ask me a personal question, I'm like *I can't find the wire that connects me to my brain that is supposed to tell me something about myself right now.* :p and I just say... "sawryy, distracted..." or I go "whatever", lol (or other stuff).
    so yea I'd say I'm an adaptable person.
    I love getting feedback on my personality and actions though, from random people and closer people, because it tells me stuff about myself. so yes I also like objective critisism.
    Also keep in mind we are always something in Motion,
    we Grow
    so there's never like this solid thing in-one-place that represents us. impossible. we're not some stereotypical fictional character from a book, we're organic people and that goes deep.

Mh, to reply to that INTP's post about 2 isfp's:
    are we noobs who totally don't get the hang of who we are???
    So, can other types come up with an awesome autobiography and tell us who They are?
    I think this is probably a challenge for about anyone, uhu?
    Also, the way we see ourselves is also a changing thing and is very subjective to the moment.
    One of the closest things for me to tell who I am or am not is when I start comparing myself to my parents, or to friends or something, or check out what things I'm good at, what things I enjoy, bla la and so on! ... But that has nnnothing to do with mbti or socionics type.
    I think type just represents a pattern really, "random superficial mannerisms"...

Anyhoo, that's about it for now! PEaceout and I want a reply -I love the give and take of brainstorming- !

Dali

I just remembered, my INFJ pal that was deeply into the Humorism theory (barf) and is now getting into MBTI keeps trying to pin down and identify what she terms as "the core of the ISP". After many, many months of frustration, she just gave up and decided that we were schizophrenic.

Hilarious!!!

I've tried to convince my INFJ mom that I am not as "deep" as she is. She gets very offended, but not about herself; she gets offended that her daughter is saying she is not deep. Like she thinks I AM deep. I just hate that word though. Now, I take life seriously inside, but I also am very laid back, I can be thoughtful, I feel greatly, I feel lots of emotions, and I'm very versatile and hopefully somewhat intelligent. So there are multiple facets. BUT I don't believe that I can NEVER be figured out as an INFJ might. THAT's what I mean by saying I'm not deep. I am not an enigma.

Except, when I think about how hard it is for me to even pin myself down, I guess I am one after all!!! Hmm, I just don't revel in it like my mom INFJ does. I told her, your type thinks no one can possible ever figure them out. And she answers quickly back, "I don't think that, I KNOW it."

Hey what is the Humorism theory?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Hilarious!!!

I've tried to convince my INFJ mom that I am not as "deep" as she is. She gets very offended, but not about herself; she gets offended that her daughter is saying she is not deep. Like she thinks I AM deep. I just hate that word though. Now, I take life seriously inside, but I also am very laid back, I can be thoughtful, I feel greatly, I feel lots of emotions, and I'm very versatile and hopefully somewhat intelligent. So there are multiple facets. BUT I don't believe that I can NEVER be figured out as an INFJ might. THAT's what I mean by saying I'm not deep. I am not an enigma.

Except, when I think about how hard it is for me to even pin myself down, I guess I am one after all!!! Hmm, I just don't revel in it like my mom INFJ does. I told her, your type thinks no one can possible ever figure them out. And she answers quickly back, "I don't think that, I KNOW it."

Do you guys think ISFPs are contradictory by nature, I think we can be in a lot of ways.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Do you guys think ISFPs are contradictory by nature, I think we can be in a lot of ways.
    Yes, I am a walking paradox!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I think ISFPs are contradictory by nature.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Hilarious!!!

I just saw your post. Sorry for the late reply.

I had a similar issue with my pal. She ascribed way more 'depth' to me than I believe I have and she'd mentally box me off into this particular person based on things I did / said then I'd turn around and (the seemingly contradictory thing Quinlan's mentioned) and do something out-there (according to her) and she'd be totally surprised and say that was 'not me'. She's finally starting to understand that I may not have much depth in the 'tortured' NF manner of speaking but I am multifaceted. I ascribe the 'contradictory nature' to the constant processing within my Fi whereby I may have a completely different opinion on something a month from now than I do today. My dominant Fi doesn't make me extremely fickle and there is a solid 'baserock' of primary values there but the secondary values are not set in stone.

Humorism
    . It's incredibly oversimplified and a relic that some people refuse to drop.