• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP are beautiful souls

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
HELP I'M TRAPPED IN A BUNKER

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do like most ISFPs, too. In many cases moreso than INFPs, because, even though I relate to INFPs more easily, ISFPs seem to have this mystical sense of what really matters in life. Watching them do something they love is truly inspirational.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
HELP I'M TRAPPED IN A BUNKER

SHUSH! :mad:

I got you this, go set it up for bowling;

nintendo-wii.jpg

And pipe down, the pizza and beer (ginger beer for you) is on its way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My sister is an ISFP and she kicks ass!!!

She is perceptive, wise, space cadette-ish in the most endearing way, and damn near gifted in all things aesthetic and people/feeling related!!!

Plus, though she is a bit shy, and a tad insecure at times, she really has this intensely fierce ball of strength and conviction, (I think it's called her "heart"), that I admire, also, her bullshit detector is always perfectly calibrated, and despite the many hardships she's had to endure, I would undoubtedly claim that her soul is breathtakingly beautiful.

Gee, I sure do love her!!!

:wub:

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Ahh, I love ISFPs! They're such sweethearted souls, and when they do what they love, it's just, wow. True passion for their art. Plus, they're so relaxed and understanding; it's almost soothing just to be in their presence, you know?

In conclusion: ISFPs are beautiful beyond beautiful souls.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bubbles makes very good points. :cool:

Skyline

I am trying to reply to a private message of Pecan's but she won't allow me because she doesn't accept private messages. Pecan, if you read this, please respond. I have not forgotten about you. Mmmkay? :blush: :yes:

wolfy

awsm
I am trying to reply to a private message of Pecan's but she won't allow me because she doesn't accept private messages. Pecan, if you read this, please respond. I have not forgotten about you. Mmmkay? :blush: :yes:

I miss Pecan. Where did she get to?

maliafee

FPs, on the other hand, moody as we are, and may be, are just free-spirited hippies, at heart, I think.

I liked your post!!! But I wanted to comment on the above line...

I think SFPs are actually gypsies and NFPs are the hippies, at heart. Hehe...

heart

heart on fire
When I think of the word "hippie" I think of someone who uses recreational drugs, has a lot of causal sex because just because there's nothing on TV and flakes on all their responsiblities and drives around in an ugly VW bus, wearing godawful tyedyed shirts and uses the noble issues of evinronmentalism and pacifism as a front to make themselves seem more interesting.

This describes neither me nor my ISFP friend. :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
When I think of the word "hippie" I think of someone who uses recreational drugs, has a lot of causal sex because just because there's nothing on TV and flakes on all their responsiblities and drives around in an ugly VW bus, wearing godawful tyedyed shirts and uses the noble issues of evinronmentalism and pacifism as a front to make themselves seem more interesting.

Who is this cool dude?

So i've heard I_FPs are hippies and emos? accurate? Nah I don't think so...

maliafee

This describes neither me nor my ISFP friend. :D

Your viewpoint on hippies is not, *ahem*, colored or biased in anyway, right?

I think "hippie" can just mean "free spirit, with a philosophical bent."

"Gypsy," on the other hand, is what I am. *giggle* I always wanted to live with a clan of gypsies, sleep in a caravan, play violin under the stars, and warm my hands by the fire right before I bite into some beyond delicious food... Plus, I just am a gypsy.

heart

heart on fire
I think "hippie" can just mean "free spirit, with a philosophical bent."

Look at the word "hippie"--- they acted like "free spirits" because it was hip to do so. And they abused free thought by confusing it with freedom from respect for themselves and others and created a negative image of free thought that every other free thinker since has had to deal with while they escaped into the next hip movement and became yuppies. That's the cold, hard truth.

And there are people in their 50s who likely think they are INFP because they say "Well I was a free spirit in my 20s but now I know better and you will too." They use a lot of SJ type talk now, preaching against Fi type thinking and they make me sick. :D

Who is this cool dude?

So i've heard I_FPs are hippies and emos? accurate? Nah I don't think so...

Yeah, both Hippie and Emo represent social, cult movements, fads. An IFP could be a participant in either, just as any other type could be, has nothing to do with being a free thinker or having a Feeling preference. These two modes, Hippie and Emo are just acts, surface constructs to fit into a particular group.

"Gypsy," on the other hand, is what I am. *giggle* I always wanted to live with a clan of gypsies, sleep in a caravan, play violin under the stars, and warm my hands by the fire right before I bite into some beyond delicious food... Plus, I just am a gypsy.

From what I understand, they prefer to be called the Rom. ;)

maliafee

Look at the word "hippie"--- they acted like "free spirits" because it was hip to do so. And they abused free thought by confusing it with freedom from respect for themselves and others and created a negative image of free thought that every other free thinker since has had to deal with while they escaped into the next hip movement and became yuppies. That's the cold, hard truth.

My mom is 57 and she was basically a hippie... and she is INFJ, NOT SJ. There were many nuances amidst the "hippie" blanket. She was inspired by people she felt inspired by and the things they said and the music, too. I think there is a pathetic "hippie" side to hippies... especially the people who glommed onto the movement in the middle-end of it. But there were those for whom it meant something. Not all of them lacked self-respect. They were not all the same.

heart

heart on fire
Or Cherokee, which I am. *teehee*

I am not getting the nomad connection then. :huh: I admit to not having studied the subject deeply but I thought the Cheerokee were more farmers who cultivated squash and corn and lived in towns with log houses than nomads. Really having more in common with the Hopi than the Apaches.

My mom is 57 and she was basically a hippie... and she is INFJ, NOT SJ. There were many nuances amidst the "hippie" blanket. She was inspired by people she felt inspired by and the things they said and the music, too. I think there is a pathetic "hippie" side to hippies... especially the people who glommed onto the movement in the middle-end of it. But there were those for whom it meant something. Not all of them lacked self-respect. They were not all the same.

Sure, but those people would have been the same people without the hippie movement. The "hippie movement" as a social fad was just a coincidence for them.

maliafee

OH it's just from the "Rom" article that says Cherokee means the same thing as the Romanian "Rom"... which is what gypsies apparently prefer to be called. I am not saying Cherokees really were gypsy-like at all. I'm just playing. :p