• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Wolfy's Completely Useless Trivia Dump

wolfy

awsm
Everyone who knows me knows my mind is completely consumed with absolutely useless random pieces of information.

In a feeble attempt to extract it all from the web of tangled open loops in my mind I will dump them here.

Feel free to add, comment or simply ignore me.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Ooo!! I love hearing useless trivia for some reason :) Im generally impressed that anyone remembers so much. My mind takes Useful information and dumps it to create space for my daydreams XD :popc1:

wolfy

awsm
Men can breastfeed. They have the capability and there have been cases where in an emergency men have started to lactate.

Paul Newman only drank Coors beer on film.

A popular word in Japan at the moment is kimoi. Japanese love to conjugate their words it's like a national pass time.
kimochii warui means feels bad or I don't like it
So take the kimo and add the i from waruii and you have kimoi.Kimoi usually means disgusting or pathetic. My kids will often say Dad is kimoi. Bless their little hearts.

I was reading this article the other day that one person can only know 100 people tops. I did the numbers and lo and behold I feel I know about 100 people. When I say know I mean I have a feel of where they are coming from.
Of those I really only keep in contact with maybe 10.
I read it here.

Rugby is NZ's national sport. You must learn about it.
For a wonderful intro into Rugby go here.

wolfy

awsm
Ooo!! I love hearing useless trivia for some reason :) Im generally impressed that anyone remembers so much. My mind takes Useful information and dumps it to create space for my daydreams XD :popc1:

Thanks for the support. I love providing people with useless information. We make a great team. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh! oh! me too! yay! :D

D

Dali

OMG. Men can breast-what? I think I'd pass-out if I leaked milk from my chest.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh right...i need to know about these lactating men...did they actually ever feed a baby or was it some weird psycho sympathetic response?

wolfy

awsm
oh right...i need to know about these lactating men...did they actually ever feed a baby or was it some weird psycho sympathetic response?

Here it is here.
One of the guys in the story reared his baby when his wife died.

Other random stuff...
There is this new theory in nutrition that zero calorie drinks make you fat too. But they are not sure why that is. It could be just that people who drink diet drinks get the calories other places or that the sweetener triggers fat storage hormones through the brain.

In Japan the soup bowl must always go on the right.
Never pass things to each other using chopsticks. That's what they do at a funeral ceremony.
Don't drag the bowl using chopsticks
Bring the bowl up to your mouth. Don't bend down and eat like a dog.
Keep your elbows off the table.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh that was interesting thanks! :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My kids will often say Dad is kimoi. Bless their little hearts.

Aw cute. :D

I was reading this article the other day that one person can only know 100 people tops. I did the numbers and lo and behold I feel I know about 100 people. When I say know I mean I have a feel of where they are coming from.
Of those I really only keep in contact with maybe 10.
I read it here.

I find this concept very interesting, and often wonder how we aren't designed very well for modern city living/working.

wolfy

awsm
I find this concept very interesting, and often wonder how we aren't designed very well for modern city living/working.

I know the company GoreTex uses it. They only let the factory/office size get up to about 100.
Then they build another one. Kind of like a campus.

wolfy

awsm
More trivia...
In Japan the frequency of sex per week is one of the lowest in the world.

In Japan there are more adult videos made per capita than in any other country.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
More trivia...
In Japan the frequency of sex per week is one of the lowest in the world.

In Japan there are more adult videos made per capita than in any other country.

Do they include the adult industry in the first statistics cause if so that reeeeeeally sucks (or not as may be more accurate).

wolfy

awsm
Do they include the adult industry in the first statistics cause if so that reeeeeeally sucks (or not as may be more accurate).

lol The first stats are from I think it was the durex survey of couples.

Some more useless trivia.

I was reading there could be a DRM chip hidden in the new ipod shuffle headphones.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
"Almost" is the longest word in the english language with all its letters in alphabetical order.

wolfy

awsm
"Almost" is the longest word in the english language with all its letters in alphabetical order.

The longest place name in the world is this one in NZ.

New_Zealand_0577.jpg

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
For those that are curious, that place name roughly translates to; "The place with lots of scrub and gorse and empty fields, lined with old fences and an old tree stump that you can sit on to have lunch while pondering the meaning of life and discussing the finer points of proper fence construction and maintenance".

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
The longest medical term is 'Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis'( 45) letters which is a form of pneumoconiosis caused by very fine silicate or quartz dust.
(pronounced as---pneumono-ultra-microscopi c-sili-covol-canoco-niosis)

During my college's intramurals, they used this once as a paper jug for those who came in late/was absent in that particular day(except of course, if you have a medical certificate or a valid excuse).