User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are ISFP Attention Seekers?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 66.67%
  • No

7 33.33%
123 Last

Default Are ISFP Attention Seekers?

Anti-Social attention seekers is one description I've heard. If you need any information regarding ISFP. Please look in our lovely selection of blogs. You can find them in the SP blog section. Mind your step on the way up.

What do you think?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Anti-Social attention seekers is one description I've heard.
    Yeah, seems like a pretty good description to me. That's why we love the internet. We can get attention without the commitment required in a real life social environment.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Oh yes. I love attention. I like to get up on stage and put on a performance (sing, tell stories, etc.) although I get stage fright beforehand.
    I also have "middle child syndrome" so I am happy when I get attention and crabby when I feel ignored.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I'm not so sure, it depends on my mood, there are definitely times when I just want to disappear and attention is the last thing I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I'm not so sure, it depends on my mood, there are definitely times when I just want to disappear and attention is the last thing I want.
    That's my point. Attention but on your own terms. On your own schedule.

[YOUTUBE="uxCUBU0n_XU"]Something like this I guess...[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

I try to thanks others for their good work and I'd like to be thanked for what I do well....I suppose that is a form of attention....but I don't need to be praised or awarded excessively. I'd just like to know that my efforts truly made a difference to someone, from brewing a cup of coffee for them to building a piece of furniture for them...I'm always doing my best to produce satisfying work and I enjoy having it aknowledged by a smile and sincere thanks.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yeah, you do need to pay attention to 'em..... so demanding sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    I try to thanks others for their good work and I'd like to be thanked for what I do well....I suppose that is a form of attention....but I don't need to be praised or awarded excessively. I'd just like to know that my efforts truly made a difference to someone, from brewing a cup of coffee for them to building a piece of furniture for them...I'm always doing my best to produce satisfying work and I enjoy having it acknowledged by a smile and sincere thanks.
    I wish I had your gift for words Hirsh. You always put things so well.
    It's amazing how well your thoughts come across in your words. I can really relate to what you are saying.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Anti-Social attention seekers is one description I've heard.
    Yep, i would agree this is a good description along with the further post that said "but on my terms"...yep,,,too difficult...too selfish appearing to me...wish there were an easier way but it ALWAYS seems to be on your terms...
    funny, i am sure you guys would agree that you are very "agreeable", but when looked at closely, i feel there is a great deal of the opposite...
    then again, i have met some that were truly sweethearts that would give you the proverbial shirt.

it always is that mysterious Fi...man, what a difficult thing to grasp...

[QUOTE=pecan111;569408]

Yep, i would agree this is a good description along with the further post that said "but on my terms"...yep,,,too difficult...too selfish appearing to me...wish there were an easier way but it ALWAYS seems to be on your terms...
    funny, i am sure you guys would agree that you are very "agreeable", but when looked at closely, i feel there is a great deal of the opposite...
    then again, i have met some that were truly sweethearts that would give you the proverbial shirt.

it always is that mysterious Fi...man, what a difficult thing to grasp...
    Here are a couple of quotes to set you straight.

Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing.'

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
    Bruce Lee

There is nothing softer and weaker than water,
    And yet there is nothing better for attacking hard and strong things.
    For this reason there is no substitute for it.
    Laozi, Tao te Ching, Ch. 78.