User Tag List

12 Last

Default Understanding and Developing Extraverted Sensing

Chapter 3 Immersing in the present context PDF

I thought it might be interesting if we all read this chapter from 8 Keys to Self Leadership and compare notes and ideas on extraverted sensing.

I mean...If anybody is interested.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I fell asleep at "compare notes".

Haha na, all seemed pretty straight forward, good for someone wanting to know more about Se.

I like how we stay cool when the shit hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I fell asleep at "compare notes".
    I know if you'd said that I would have de friended you.

In the checklist thingy I didn't tick Freely follow your gut instincts...
    and Quickly move to take advantage...

The other ones I feel I have a grip on. I feel I sometimes block my instincts especially when they concern people.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I know if you'd said that I would have de friended you.

In the checklist thingy I didn't tick Freely follow your gut instincts...
    and Quickly move to take advantage...

The other ones I feel I have a grip on. I feel I sometimes block my instincts especially when they concern people.
    I dont have adobe reader installed right now, but for me I use Se to notice how people feel. We pay attention to how what we do causes changes in others feelings. We may notice emotion changes, temperment changes, a smile, a touch. I can tell when someone is happy with what I did. An ISTP will also look past the response at the why, though I think this is Ti. You smiled, but what caused the smile, was it the action you smiled at or the thought. When an ISTP really gets there Se working we really get to know what people like and dont like, we really learn them inside and out. This lets us develop our Fe and focus it on one person.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Nice, Wolfy. I'll definitely have a look. If there's one function I'd like to develop it's Se.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've got mad se yo
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    TiSe

First of all, kudos to Dario Nardi. He is by far (in addition to Berens) the best author I have found to merge temperament and type into a complete system. His suggestions for determining one's type are highly practical and at least for me the most functional. I have spent several days attempting to find the book locally. Unfortunately I will need to buy it on line, but it appears to be a good work.

About this Chapter:

Starting with the mini assessment, did anyone (with the exception of ESPs) get higher than a 4? I looked at the questions and tried to be as honest as possible, but could only pick two things that exactly fit me. After reading the chapter it was clear that a score of 4 was average for someone who may use Se for something other than the dominant function.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Starting with the mini assessment, did anyone (with the exception of ESPs) get higher than a 4? I looked at the questions and tried to be as honest as possible, but could only pick two things that exactly fit me. After reading the chapter it was clear that a score of 4 was average for someone who may use Se for something other than the dominant function.
    Yeah, I got 13, man. Seems like you might be a bit repressed.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    About this Chapter:

I like his work too.

I was probably being easier on myself than you. The only ones I did not check were Freely follow your gut instincts and Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action. Also on reflection I unchecked Spur action ... simply by making presence felt. I'm confident in the others. That gives me a 10.

MBTI
    TiSe

I could without a doubt check, Instantly notice movement and impactful features in the environment and Spur action and get results by simply making your presence felt. These are not what I see in myself, as much as how I observe other reacting when I am around. I considered Instantly reading visible cues however the final statement seems to change its meaning when saying, .to see just how far you can go. Maybe someone can interpret that differently, but it sounds to me as though the user is pushing the envelope.

I think that the statements in section 2 are relative and maybe I am considering them in comparison to others in my environment. Quickly moving to take advantage of options when I know the course of action is easy. However if there is anything that is not certain, I am hesitant. I easily get in synch with something that I am doing or the environment, but when you add people, I may be hesitant as well. Just not sure how to interpret section 3 statements.