• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] The ESFP haters thread

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
One ESFP whom I was friends with for a while was great despite her many personal faults which were not so much type related. However, she was inclined to jump from relationship to relationship and to be too volatile with her emotions. She could be very affectionate then lash out unexpectedly when in a bad mood which unintentionally caused our friendship to suddenly end (in that I really couldn't trust her and any further attempts to salvage our friendship were failures, sadly.). Was way too impulsive, sometimes violent (even if only to protect loved ones). She was not the typical ESFP but was one nonetheless.

Some ESFPs have proven to be forgetful and unreliable. Of course, I've met more who have been reliable. But usually emotionalism, fickleness, impulsiveness, and lack of personal responsibility would generally be negative traits of the type.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
into her fifties...
...Her sisters worry constantly that she's going to drive herself to an early death.

Wait, if she made it to her fifties, she's already free and clear from the "early death" thing. Any days she lives now are just a bonus. Hell, if I make it to fifty I might start smoking and drinking vodka too. :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stereotypes still do prevail in some people's mindset huh?

MBTI shouldn't be used as a criteria to judge other people, it should be used to understand other people.

Those are (a bit exaggerated) descriptions based on ESFPs I know, not MBTI profiles.
Also, it was tongue-in-cheek, deary ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am too detached to take shit personally. I just give off that impression due to the arguementive tone. What offends me is the lack of objectivity. Not to speak of taking the shit out generalizing in a thread meant to be harmless.

You have zero sense of humor. Unfortunate, as that is one thing most ESFPs have :tongue:
:devil:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My cousin is an ESFP. He's a good guy, when we meet up he always wants to go and do something with me. Four wheelers, go out shopping, go hang out with some people, paintball, airsoft, video games etc. He's currently a professional actor. He's a fun guy to be around, we are literally ALWAYS doing something, even if it's just riding around in his truck and listening to music. "I wonder where this road will take us," I've heard this plenty of times from him. It's pretty cool actually, I like his style of living. Then at the end of the day we will go back to his place to chill out, and we will probably start talking pretty philosophically. It will start by my asking "what do you think of this?" He has a lot of very deep views and observations on things. He is also very intelligent and logical along with being Fi driven. He is very much a sensor too, so he isn't mistyped as an ENFP. Trust me.

I wish I knew more about ESFPs personally. But they are cool people regardless of whether I understand them or not. I've only made friends with the male ones though, since I know two others.

As for the bad stereotypes, you avoid unhealthy people, immature people and people who are morons regardless. People that fall under that category are bad, no matter what the MBTI type.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I Like ESFPs. They are good to have around. Can make laugh so hard my guts ache.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
ESFPs are bundles of fun! I can't hate y'all. :D

D

Dali

I'm setting Introverted-esfp on the next person that pisses me off. They won't know what hit them.

Seriously though, there have been 'hate threads' for so many other types (including about 11,000 for ESxJs) and much of what is in there is just pure vent based on (mostly) unhealthy manifestations of that particular type. Take a chill pill, bro. ;)

heart

heart on fire
Wait, if she made it to her fifties, she's already free and clear from the "early death" thing. Any days she lives now are just a bonus. Hell, if I make it to fifty I might start smoking and drinking vodka too. :D

These people in that particular famoly start calling themselves "old" at 30 and live into their late 90s.

It's all fine and good to smoke and drink vodka but when you expect others to pay for it and pay for all the property damage you've done over the years whilst drunk or you like to blow smoke directly in other people's faces yet get super pissed when they finally say you can't smoke in their house any more, well that's sort of all a perspective problem.

The worst thing about this person is the way she just expects money and gets angry when refused money. She gets manipulative like threatened suicide(then left to go get some taco bell) and then when her mother called the police and the police came over and walked into her unlocked apartment, she got really mad at her mother and ripped her apart over it. The police took her guns while they were there as precaution and she was majorly irked about having to go through the red tape to get them back. To her it's not her fault that she made a suicide threat when refused a thousand dollars by her elderly mother, it's her mother's fault for calling the police. Fascinating case of Fi without sound judgement.

When my husband refused her money, she called me up and ripped me apart for not making enough money and the details were pretty delicate situation and after a few more of the episodes I finally quit talking to her altogether and she never understood why (though I not only told her, I made a numbered list and emailed it to her) and kept calling other people complaining about how dreadfully mean I am and then everyone was giving me a hard time.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These people in that particular famoly start calling themselves "old" at 30 and live into their late 90s.

It's all fine and good to smoke and drink vodka but when you expect others to pay for it and pay for all the property damage you've done over the years whilst drunk or you like to blow smoke directly in other people's faces yet get super pissed when they finally say you can't smoke in their house any more, well that's sort of all a perspective problem.

The worst thing about this person is the way she just expects money and gets angry when refused money. She gets manipulative like threatened suicide(then left to go get some taco bell) and then when her mother called the police and the police came over and walked into her unlocked apartment, she got really mad at her mother and ripped her apart over it. The police took her guns while they were there as precaution and she was majorly irked about having to go through the red tape to get them back. To her it's not her fault that she made a suicide threat when refused a thousand dollars by her elderly mother, it's her mother's fault for calling the police. Fascinating case of Fi without sound judgement.

When my husband refused her money, she called me up and ripped me apart for not making enough money and the details were pretty delicate situation and after a few more of the episodes I finally quit talking to her altogether and she never understood why (though I not only told her, I made a numbered list and emailed it to her) and kept calling other people complaining about how dreadfully mean I am and then everyone was giving me a hard time.

wow, I don't blame you for not talking to her

L

Lasting_Pain

Read a book, or play a video game so you can understand my jokes.

Also, stop asking me "How was your day?" and "How do you feel?"

My answers will always be

My day is not over yet.

and

Use your hands.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Artisans have no discipline, and you are manipulative.

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
Sure ESFPs only enjoy being fun, but that's because they're so fun to be around. I love just being beside them and laughing at/with them.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
It takes discipline to be successfully manipulative. If you are too distractible and undisciplined, you tend to forget whom you are manipulating and why you're doing it. :cheese:

Artisans have no discipline, and you are manipulative.