User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Me or you? Fictional ones?

I dunno man. I got a rep to uphold.. I'll come as extremely geeky if I start listing them Lemme think about it.

Fictional is easier. I like Luke Skywalker, he is on the idealistic side I guess. I think I lean to the reluctant hero or the anti hero.

Reluctant in what way? Like Mad Max or Die Hard or Clint? They're all ISTPs, I think.

I always liked the characters that had convictions about something, but were kind of weak or started off from a bad place. Daniel in Karate Kid, for example (not sure what type he is.. esfp or isfp??). My favorite character of this kind isn't even that well known, so it probably doesn't help. It's Simon from the anime Tengan Toppa Gurren Laggan (yeah, that's a mouthful).

Yeah, like Mad Max and those characters you said. I liked Daniel too though, I am looking forward to taking my son to the new one. But the others were more of a draw.

Oops, I didn't mean to say I didn't like those other movies too. I just don't find them particularly inspiring.. They're just badass. It's funny how that works.. because I think the last 15 minutes of the Road Warrior is some of the best shit ever made. Or the last bits of Conan the Barbarian..he just fucks everyone up. But it's just not something that hits me the same way. Even Rocky would be more along my lines (the first one at least). That literally makes me kind of shed tears (ahem... or something.. shh I didn't say that).

I know you like them, who couldn't like them. There is something about the first Mad Max that really gets me. It is the family and friends thing I think.

I have got to go. My daughter is scared of cockroaches tonight, we found one earlier and she can't sleep. That is about as heroic as I get. Haha.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I like antiheroes. They are more entertaining than the "good guys."
    As an example, the Phantom is far more interesting of a character than "good guy" Raoul.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Fictional is easier. I like Luke Skywalker, he is on the idealistic side I guess. I think I lean to the reluctant hero or the anti hero.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Who are some antiheroes? Sometimes I like the villians...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i like antiheroes also, and reluctant heroes.
    i like the John McClane type of reluctant hero - "i do this because there's nobody else to do it." the heroes who want to be left alone.

flawed heroes are a lot more interesting, i especially like self-important and egotistical heroes. like Jimmy McNulty in The Wire. or Han Solo, he is a lot more interesting to me than Luke Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Who are some antiheroes? Sometimes I like the villians...
    some anti-heroes are: Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver, Cool Hand Luke, The Man With No Name, Harry Callahan from Dirty Harry, Tyler Durden in Fight Club, Charles Bronson in Death Wish.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

So what makes them antiheroes?

I like the mysterious characters, the ones you're never quite sure what side they're on but you hope that when the shit hits the fan they'll step in on your side. I can't think of any examples though.

In wrestling they're called Tweeners.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations