User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

I know what you mean, I think that is really great and I love that in people. I just don't see that in me when I reflect on my life. Looking after those close to me, sure. That has always been a big thing. But being part of a bigger cause hasn't really happened. I mean I have fought for ideals on a smaller scale but I don't see that as being my dominant thing, fighting for a cause. I think when I look back I am thinking if I am strong and the people around me are strong then that is my part. That is my cause.

That is how I come at ideals I think. Really close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well, as I've stated, i'm focused on ethics (for lack of a better word). Not sure what else could come close to qualifying on the same level of ideals. I wouldn't even say art has anything to do with the purity I'm looking for. Art is just fun and another form of physical therapy for me.
    I would say that looking back at my life I have always tried to express myself through something physical. Either by screwing it up or doing it well.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I know what you mean, I think that is really great and I love that in people. I just don't see that in me when I reflect on my life. Looking after those close to me, sure. That has always been a big thing. But being part of a bigger cause hasn't really happened. I mean I have fought for ideals on a smaller scale but I don't see that as being my dominant thing, fighting for a cause. I think when I look back I am thinking if I am strong and the people around me are strong then that is my part. That is my cause.

That is how I come at ideals I think. Really close to home.
    Well, that's cool too. I don't mean to say I'm a big idealist either. Just that I can't help letting things slip past if I see them. I haven't joined any causes either (I've tried actually a little, but I never stay long.. just volunteer), but I try to find the ideal with things in my presence. It could be harmless things.. but sometimes I've gotten mean as well. Like seeing a friend getting screwed by some roommate...and getting frustrated that no one wants to do anything about him, and watching him go about his happy way just being a dick, making a mess, not paying rent, etc. I don't even remember what I did there, but I vaguely recall jumping into this situation and pressing his face against a hardwood floor, and urging him to knock his shit off. Or something like that. Needless to say, the guy actually moved not long afterwards, which was not my intent..but it turned out for the better. Long story. I just think there are some things worth shouting "WTF?!" with. Yet, I think I'm ISFP. It's not like I'm trying to be ESTP or something (or a brave NF for that matter).

I've flipped at things like that lots of times. Just something where it has struck something and you know that can't be left. It needs to be dealt with, right there and then. No mincing your words.

haha. Yeah, we're basically on the same page.

Out of that one list though, only Rosa Parks was doing things that way. She was just coming home from work, and her feet hurt, and she wanted to sit on the bus. She was told to stand and make way for a white man. She didn't. But that was kind of a unique situation where something small blew into something bigger. I can't say I've experienced that, but it's kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    haha. Yeah, we're basically on the same page.

Out of that one list though, only Rosa Parks was doing things that way. She was just coming home from work, and her feet hurt, and she wanted to sit on the bus. She was told to stand and make way for a white man. She didn't. But that was kind of a unique situation where something small blew into something bigger. I can't say I've experienced that, but it's kind of cool.
    Yeah, I could see how that could happen. And if it did I could see myself ride it for all that it is worth.

My thing with fantasy, I am mixing threads now. Is that it is an illusion, it isn't an ideal. I can't let myself buy into something that isn't real so I reject it. I think that is part of my thing with fantasy. It is too sweet. I really don't know, there is something.

It's weird.. Joan's thread is the first time I even thought that SP's might not enjoy that stuff as much. I didn't even know it was an issue. If it is, I am an N. I love a lot of that shit, man. To carry it further, I see that the general sentiment behind most of those stories is just heroism anyways. You could apply the same plots to a cop movie that takes place in Cleveland, and it'd provoke the same emotions in me. Or to use an example from another genre- Fistful of Dollars is basically Yojimbo. Just different setting. Doesn't matter to me, I guess. I don't have a bias towards settings.

I think some do, Quin seems to. If I can see the heroism I can buy into a story, story-wise I like heroes that are flawed. To me that is real. I remember being really into the idea of the hero's journey for a year or so. I really don't have much at the moment, I need to think about it some more...

Flawed is ok, but I definitely like the good guys. Anti-heroes are for T's dude.

Haha, I might need to go T. I was looking through a list of heroes, might be interesting to list who you like. We could stick with film, it is easy to compare.