User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I feel the same way, JustHer. I don't like sugar-coated fluff or vagueness, either. I like direct communication. That being said, direct communication can be tactful and diplomatic without being sugar-coated fluff.
    Of course, as isfp and entj are polar opposites, there may be some difficulty in communicating well. ENTJ is a directing type and ISFPs don't like to be told what to do!!! This is where tact and diplomacy really help.
    Speaking about ISFP and ENTJ, I had been having difficulty figuring out my own type. I thought that I was an ESFP so I put that in my information. When I realized that I was not an ESFP, I mentioned in my blog that my career as an ESFP was fun but short-lived and I asked for suggestions of other types that I could try out for about a week. The recommendation was ENTJ. So I put ENTJ on my information and had a lot of fun for a week pretending to be an ENTJ. I was, of course, just a caricature of an ENTJ but I had a great time. Pretending to be a (not-very-good) ENTJ did help me learn to accept ENTJs for who they are, without trying to make them be more like me!
    The one thing that I really like about what you said has to do with honest communication. As an ISFP or as a (fake) ENTJ, I prefer to hear the unpleasant truth to vagueness and fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    There is a whole world of people who prefer direct communication to sugar-coated fluff. I'd much sooner stick around with somebody who tells me whats on their mind even if it isn't the nicest thing than somebody who keeps things quiet and grows resentment in private.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

ISFP's are my favorite type.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Mine, too. I'm gonna go kiss the mirror now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    ISFP's are my favorite type.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Only complaint I can really think of is how some of you overcompensate for your introvertedness by acting unrealistically social at times. Like almost creepy overly social, too nice to be real.

I know it's well-intentioned, but it's a little weird.
    I'm sure I've come off this way... but it's not that I'm overcompensating. I get on these weird... "high's." If I'm really excited about something that I'm doing or having a lot of fun or in an extremely cheerful mood, I can be way overly social than my norm. We can go from overly social to completely aloof. It's weird. We're weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    3. She acts like an idiot, a helpless defenseless girl to get people to lower their defenses but could probably get to them easily if she wanted. (ISFPs are not harmless, nobody is)
    STOP acting like a victim! If you can withstand such crap then you're probably tougher than you guys think.(Also, they use the number 3 to get people to do things for them sometimes -.-)
    We only get people to lower their defenses because we want everyone to feel comfortable and relaxed. We don't do it to lay down an attack. I think many of us ISFP's are pretty tough... or at least I consider myself to be a pretty tough chick. I don't necessarily go around kicking people's asses, but I'm no damsel. :workout:

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    But one ISFP trait that annoys me to tears is the tendency to avoid conflict at all costs. Many ISFPs I know will avoid saying or doing something that needs to be done simply to avoid the potential of conflict arising. Most people don't like conflict, but ISFPs run for their life from it.

I can tell when my closest ISFP friend is not fond of a person because his facial expression changes from the usual happy to grim when he sees the person in question. Then he tries to avoid being close to or interacting with the person.
    I'm quite confrontational & aggressive. However, I use tact. I think this is just something I learned over time, as I got tired of being run all over or not being heard. If I've got a problem with something, I state it. I'm careful to not start a conflict or fight, but I state my opinions and like to talk them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I never would have thought "unhateable" applied to ISFP, had I not read it in this thread!

My friends wife and one of her friends are ISFP, and..

-They don't get jokes
    -serious and unfun
    -scared of people, my friends wife (A) being the one able to confront her fears
    -gloomy view on life
    -untalkative
    -avoidant of anything not specifically "sensitive"
    -often sensitive to the point of ludicrosity, attributing negative and harsh qualities to inanimate, neutral objects and those associated with them.. EXAMPLE: "his cloths have such an inconsiderate 'vibe' to them, he must be an inconsiderate person"
    -sometimes little more than just a living clothes hanger for their clothes
    -everything is about "vibe", "feel" and "look", world is about everything that "don't match" to the mood, style, feel, occasion, etc.. and every unmatching thing in the world is to be suffered in full
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... what?? I laugh all the time! I'm constantly silly and ridiculous! I'm quite optimistic! I can be quite chatty! I'm not uber stylish, if that's what you mean by clothshanger, and I consider myself to have great depth. If these people you are describing are ISFP's, they are quite unfortunate ones. This is definitely not an accurate description of every living ISFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    I don't hate you, but man ISFPs are naive
    Once upon a time... yes.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm gullible. My initial reaction is to doubt what someone says and look for some evidence that it's not BS.
    I'm so like this. I think I've just been fooled one too many times, I have a hard time putting my faith in people.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I think another ENTJ in this thread already said this but yeah... I sometimes dislike ISFPs because they make me feel like I'm being an asshole when I really am not doing anything of the sort.
    I've been called out on doing this to other's before as well. I think as ISFP's we're just always aware of what another might possibly think or feel from something that was intended as harmless. We worry someone might take something the wrong way, and we're always watching out for other's feelings as well.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Joan, you are a lot like me.. just in female form I agree though, age and experience does a lot for ISFPs.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i think healthy ISFP's have a great capacity for growing quite wise with age.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

ISFPs don't age.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    ISFPs don't age.
    They just become wizened?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    They just become wizened?
    Or wizzed on.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

i just think that many friends my age work 50+ hrs and have kids..tends to age people quicker. i don't have as much to stress over (dont have better pics online, but i guess i don't look 33 link).