• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The Official Nobody Hates ISFPs Thread

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If there was a single predictable yet incorrect response that could have been given then that would be it. Congratulations on contributing nothing to this thread save an ad hominem response which does not address my criticisms.

Also projection implies I am the faults listed but am unaware I am said faults. What if I am said faults but am aware I am said faults? You make the assertion that I too am a sensor and am denying my nature (without evidence of ant kind.) If I were to assess you on this single post I would argue you are the sensor judging by the content.

I've seen ENFPs throw the "projection" card so many times I'm starting to wonder whether your type uses it as a defence mechanism; they're just not intelligent enough to win any other way or knowledgable enough to make accurate conclusions.

Err...guess I didnt use enough emoticons to indicate i was joking/ being silly. I dont know you, and you dont know me, im sure. I dunno about you but im not in the habit of doing a serious analysis of someones personality based on one post unless specifically requested and even then.

Any case, my bad, wont happen again.

Standuble

Err...guess I didnt use enough emoticons to indicate i was joking/ being silly. I dont know you, and you dont know me, im sure. I dunno about you but im not in the habit of doing a serious analysis of someones personality based on one post unless specifically requested and even then.

Any case, my bad, wont happen again.

My bad as well then. I thought it was serious. I apologise and wish you farewell. Take care.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found this thread by accident and skimmed it for fun.

We'd probably type the ISFPs some people complained about in the first 15 pages or so as nines, going by first glance. But some themes make me wonder...could some of these actually be 3s disintegrated to 9? Is that too off the wall for this type?

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Found this thread by accident and skimmed it for fun.

We'd probably type the ISFPs some people complained about in the first 15 pages or so as nines, going by first glance. But some themes make me wonder...could some of these actually be 3s disintegrated to 9? Is that too off the wall for this type?

feel like a lot of the celebrity typed as ISFPs are type 3s...and that's hard for me to believe as well.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
feel like a lot of the celebrity typed as ISFPs are type 3s...and that's hard for me to believe as well.
I very recently changed the opinion I played with in the post you quote: it's the Fi that gets in the way. Most of those celebrities end up as 4w3 with further discussion. Most...I don't think it's impossible.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure they have negative traits which cause some people to hate some of them, but I've never hated someone I suspected of being ISFP (and I don't tend to hate people period). Overall I think many of them are wonderful people and I luurve them. :wubbie: But they can be annoying sometimes.

This one boyfriend of a friend kind of annoys me because I tried to have a debate about politics with him while he was drunk (which I shouldn't have done anyway, but I didn't know it, and he's usually drunk) and he was the opposite of rational- and I now suspect he's the opposite of rational most of the time anyway. But you can't expect everyone to think like you I guess, and he's a nice person and treats my friend well. And one of my friends with benefits likes to argue with me about politics and I think he has a lot of stupid opinions and we've just decided to not talk about politics anymore (or stop immediately if I get mad), but I love him anyway. I'm sure a good number of them are quite rational and have good opinions. The other friend with benefits just doesn't like arguing, which suits me fine. I'm pretty sure he's afraid of me. :/

Pinker85

I'm really reconsidering my type. I'm not afraid of conflict at all. I also don't have a problem expressing my emotions. And I'm not someone everyone likes.

S

Stansmith

I'm really reconsidering my type. I'm not afraid of conflict at all. I also don't have a problem expressing my emotions. And I'm not someone everyone likes.

Are you an ISFP that isn't enneagram 9? That might be it. Although I think one of the main discrepancies might be between ISFP's who identify as SEI in socionics, and the ISFP's who identify as ESI. The former being the more adaptable of the two.

Although of course, whether or not someone is nice/adaptable or confrontational is more of an individual quirk and not necessarily type-related.

L

LadyLazarus

This.

I initially dismissed ISFP because of all of those reasons as well. ESFP and ISTP seemed more likely because of that whole "ISFP flower child" stereotype.

Perhaps you are also 8 fixed and an ESI. I will mention that Se can be assertive too, perhaps you also have exceptionally good use of it for an ISFP.

Not all ISFP's fit the nice, meek, stereotype, especially not the cp6's and the sx doms. We can be combative and expressive as well, I think the more placid ISFP's of stereotype tend to be either p6's or 9's.

Pinker85

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] Yeah, I test as E4w5 sx. I don't know about socionics enough to understand the differences. After a quick google search for profiles and reading these two descriptions from sociotype, I would say ISFj sounds like me quite a bit. I took the test on socionics.com and came out ENFj, so it seems I'm all over the place.
[MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION] interesting how enneagram impacts the way a person expresses themselves. Sometimes I read the comments by ISFPs on here and can't relate at all.

Pinker85

Just took the sociotype test:

Test Results
Your Sociotype: EII-2Fi (INFj)

IEE (ENFp): 80% as likely as EII.
ESI (ISFj): 75% as likely as EII.
SEE (ESFp): 53% as likely as EII.

Perhaps I am an INFP? It doesn't really fit though. I often can't relate to INFPs. But I can't really relate entirely to ISFPs either. I wonder if my Se is so developed from being so physically active growing up? Its rare that the INFPs I've met played sports or did martial arts growing up. Most of my childhood and teens were spent being very, very physically active. So while most INFPs were reading or doing "typical" INFx things, I was doing sports. Part of why I think I'm ISFP is that I can get lost practicing. I'd practice the same movement over and over again until it was perfected. I mean hour after hour doing the same flip and I never got bored. It feels meditative. I love sensate experience. I love baking, crafting things, interior design, etc.

Another thing, I've been dealing with anxiety and depression. I'm not sure how that changes the score? I can't really relate to the INFj description.

L

LadyLazarus

Wow, reading some of this stuff made me realize I may be one of the only asshole-ish ISFP's in existence. Lovely.:dry:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cut your hair and get a job, you filthy hippies.

L

LadyLazarus

Cut your hair and get a job, you filthy hippies.

Nah man it's like all about the music. Like fuck showers and the green papers the man says we have to like buy shit with, lets all just like smoke and run around naked and bloody, in order to like become one with nature once more.

By the way, can I borrow 20 bucks? I need to fill up my smartcar.

cina

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi guys! I am fairly new to posting on this forum, just sayin..lol
I just want to say that I am confrontational too as an isfp. Idk if it's the 4w5 where sometimes I can be very intense and straight to the point. But I also have this back and forth personality like to please people with my politeness and positive thinking and then once in a awhile when I am really down and moody, I just want to be real and stop pleasing other people. I just go my own way and do my own stuff. Does this happen to other isfps? I really want to know because why I switch back and forth like that. I want people to be okay with me but at the same time I don't want to please people to make them like me.

cina

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] hmm thats interesting, i have hard time with enfj and istjs too but not to a high degree

btw, your mbti is enfj but socionics istj? thats so cool! do you know why mbti and socionics type is so off between the two?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I married one. Almost 9 years on, seems to be working out. TiSe vs FiSe can lead to some heated, albeit brief arguments involving broken things and occasional hitting, but the makeup sex is worth it!