• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Changing into an ESTP?

Unique

That sounds to me like a natural preference for sensing.

Everyone has both S and N functions. But type is dependent on which we use dominantly. Don't bother relating to people or type descriptions. Understand the functions, then actively observe yours and others thinking to see how yours compare.

The older I get, the more I seem to be in my head daydreaming or thinking, and realizing this always makes me second-guess myself. How do I know I don't have a preference for it? Because I can wake myself up out of it.

Do you primarily use Ne or Ni?

INTPs and ENTPs use Ne, dominantly. XSTPs use Ni, subconsciously. I know, without a doubt, from hanging around my INTP and ENTP friends and observing the jumps they make in their conversation and thoughts, that I absolutely do not have a dominant preference for Ne. In fact, I have to ask them to go back sometimes when describing something, because they jump too far ahead, skipping important details that help me understand.

While we are all thinkers, I approach things from a completely different angle. They see big-picture possibilities. I see the realistic application and holes in those possibilities.

It was a fictitious scenario not about myself that if you were to create a 100% sensor that they would operate in this world (As it is right now) more efficiently than the opposite, it would seem nobody understands what I mean by this so I'm going to try and put it once again under the rug

I shall give you and example of my thought process

A work colleague stated that she was annoyed at management for letting customers get away with scamming them out of a few dollars (In this scenario) I basically told her that the reason they do this is not out of being spineless but rather they are looking at the bigger picture of not making a spectacle out of themselves increasing numbers over quality, she of course only cared about the practical solution of the moment and this just seemed like some random nonsense I pulled out of nowhere

Also you are mistaken, INTPs are Ti dominants and Ne auxiliary. The tertiary or "subconscious" function as you called it for INTPs is Si which notices inconsistencies in detail etc hence the irony of the former (not trying to be mean here just a good example)

phoenity

Also you are mistaken, INTPs are Ti dominants and Ne auxiliary.

It's the same thing to me, because the dominant and auxiliary are used in tandem, not separately.

The tertiary or "subconscious" function as you called it for INTPs is Si which notices inconsistencies in detail etc hence the irony of the former (not trying to be mean here just a good example)

It is? Damn, I thought that was Ti! (When it comes to logic at least)

Thanks for correcting me!

Disclaimer: Please don't take any of what I said as an indication that I do or don't think you're an INTP. I really don't care - I was just offering food for thought. You can be whatever you please, and you know best how you work. And whatever type you are, you'll always be Unique to me.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are mistaken, my theory was that you don't need intuition to operate everyday life as much as you need sensing my view on this has not changed.

Yes, you said:

My point is that everyone must use sensing to operate in the world however you don't need to use intuition to operate in the world
IOW, intuition is useless [in the world]. Later you remarked that intution is not needed.

An intuitive (or even someone who was on the S/N border) would never make such a comment.

I expected such ludicrously and hostility for no reason from you though
I just gave my opinion. I even said "no offense," so any hostility perceived is completely from your end. Admittedly, I found the type change hilarious, but who doesn't? If I wanted to be hostile I would have said: "That you're even contemplating being INTP is sheer idiocy. If you're INTP, I'm the Dalai Lama."

Maybe you should spend some time at the NT Rationale or Philosophy and Spirituality forum. Let's see how long it takes before you start to find the discussion there utterly boring and confusing.

But you still haven't answered: what is your reasoning behind this type change?

Unique

Yes, you said:

IOW, intuition is useless [in the world]. Later you remarked that intution is not needed.

An intuitive (or even someone who was on the S/N border) would never make such a comment.

I just gave my opinion. I even said "no offense," so any hostility perceived is completely from your end. If I wanted to be hostile I would have said: "That you're even contemplating being INTP is sheer idiocy. If you're INTP, I'm the Dalai Lama."

Maybe you should spend some time at the NT Rationale or Philosophy and Spirituality forum. Let's see how long it takes before you start to find the discussion there utterly boring and confusing.

But you still haven't answered: what is your reasoning behind this type change?

Open your mind women! Though... somewhat typical for an NFJ to take a concept and riff on it even after clarification just cause they have some emotional gripe about it

You're narrow minded enough to think that if an intuitive talks down upon intuition that they must not be intuitive? In this case I wasn't even talking it down but even if I was thats completely irrelevant

"If you don't think a pure sensing world would operate I'd like to know why... sure red wouldn't mean stop... in a pure sensing world there wouldn't be red there would be STOP... eh don't see how that makes operation impossible"

My theory was that intuition isn't 'needed' to operate everyday life it was a fictitious scenario... oh and... wait... I've said all this haven't I?

Do you need further clarification? Cause I seriously tire of your inability to grasp my concept

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Open your mind women! Though... somewhat typical for an NFJ to take a concept and riff on it even after clarification just cause they have some emotional gripe about it

You're narrow minded enough to think that if an intuitive talks down upon intuition that they must not be intuitive? In this case I wasn't even talking it down but even if I was thats completely irrelevant
The bolded is ironic.

Yes, you're open-minded enough to entertain the idea of being an INTP. The more you post, the more it becomes even clearer that you are not INTP and are STP. So continue. This could be enlightening for others.

Unique

It's the same thing to me, because the dominant and auxiliary are used in tandem, not separately.

It is? Damn, I thought that was Ti! (When it comes to logic at least)

Thanks for correcting me!

Disclaimer: Please don't take any of what I said as an indication that I do or don't think you're an INTP. I really don't care - I was just offering food for thought. You can be whatever you please, and you know best how you work. And whatever type you are, you'll always be Unique to me.

I assumed so :) No worries, thanks for your insights

The bolded is ironic.

Yes, you're open-minded enough to entertain being an INTP. The more you post, the more it becomes even clearer that you are not INTP. So continue.

My word, and immature enough to tell people which types they are or are not over the internet

There is nothing ironic about what I said, just a pattern I noticed with a few INFJs hence why I said "some what typical" as it isn't 100%

Provide some logic and substance to what you have to say please and stop acting like a 6 year old who is trying to kick a boy out of the club house

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My word, and immature enough to tell people which types they are or are not over the internet

There is nothing ironic about what I said, just a pattern I noticed with a few INFJs hence why I said "some what typical" as it isn't 100%

Provide some logic and substance to what you have to say please and stop acting like a 6 year old who is trying to kick a boy out of the club house

Overuse of trite insults? Check
Reading on the surface? Check
Overt aggression? Check

Yup, STP.

Hey, Unique -- no harm intended. I just find this whole thing a bit funny. Be ENFJ if you want, really.

Unique

Overuse of trite insults? Check
Reading on the surface? Check
Overt aggression? Check

Yup, STP.

Hey, Unique -- no harm intended. I just find this whole thing a bit funny.

A) Wasn't an insult but rather a metaphor... it could be argued you took that at face value, it had a double meaning that you didn't pick up on... interesting.

B) Reading on the surface? Honestly your post lacked substance anyway a outlandish claim that I'm not an INTP with no reason given

C) Overt aggression? Hardly, if I hurt any feelings of yours I'm unaware and apologize

You seem to be seeing me through a filter or colored glasses... you took what I said as a 'face value insult' because you see me as an STP when in actual fact it wasn't

I honestly have no idea why you seem to follow me around blatantly misunderstand me and seem to just want to pick a fight I'd like you to leave me alone

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly have no idea why you seem to follow me around blatantly misunderstand me and seem to just want to pick a fight I'd like you to leave me alone
Okay, Unique.

:hug:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm going to go with ExFP on this one. NTs tend to not feel like they're being attacked when being critiqued, especially when they explicitly ask for their new shiny type to be...critiqued and analyzed.

But I don't know you at all.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I think that what people want (and need if you want input) is your decision on N vs S.

Unique

I'm going to go with ExFP on this one. NTs tend to not feel like they're being attacked when being critiqued, especially when they explicitly ask for their new shiny type to be...critiqued and analyzed.

Was a continuation from another thread, usually I'm up for a good debate but it seemed pointless in this instance as there seemed to be more of a grudge going on rather than an objective discussion

Oh and my introversion is definite... was my misunderstanding as I am not shy by any means but am energized by my time alone and think before I speak

Hmm, I think that what people want (and need if you want input) is your decision on N vs S.

N

Unique

I meant your reasoning behind it (that's what I should have said).

I went into detail on vent I honestly couldn't type out everything I'm thinking of right now

How I reached the conclusion though? Well I just joined the dots really but I guess I was in denial really about my type

I'm thinking of my whole life the past about how it makes sense and the future about what its going to mean from this point onwards

Maybe you could get me started with a less broad question if you have one?

Edit. When I used to web design and do marketing (before business dried up) I constantly was coming up with new and unorthodox ideas

All but one example, I'm literally going to need to think about all this for a while its quite the revelation

I also just realized why almost all my friends are Ns O_O

Qre:us

Maybe you could get me started with a less broad question if you have one?

One of the cornerstone of xNTPs are their extraverted intuition. Ne. Esp. by early adulthood, most growth arches would cultivate the solid development of Ne and Ti in the xNTPs.

Given that, do you see a natural ease and control over the accessibility of your Ne? (remember, everyone has all 8 functions, it's the ease of access, indicating 'natural preference')

Ne (being a perceiving function) will only be apparent through a judging function (Ti)...but, with a bit of introspection, you can understand how it works in your mind (versus, what is apparent [to others] in manifested behaviours).

So, how readily can you access Ne? (it's hard to ignore, Ne; you will know when you see it :wacko:, trust me on that one)

Unique

One of the cornerstone of xNTPs are their extraverted intuition. Ne. Esp. by early adulthood, most growth arches would cultivate the solid development of Ne and Ti in the xNTPs.

Given that, do you see a natural ease and control over the accessibility of your Ne? (remember, everyone has all 8 functions, it's the ease of access, indicating 'natural preference')

Ne (being a perceiving function) will only be apparent through a judging function (Ti)...but, with a bit of introspection, you can understand how it works in your mind (versus, what is apparent [to others] in manifested behaviours).

So, how readily can you access Ne? (it's hard to ignore, Ne; you will know when you see it :wacko:, trust me on that one)

Happens to me a lot, can cause me trouble if I verbalize it all but I don't. I can come across as a bit random

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, E seems about right. F...hmm.

Was a continuation from another thread, usually I'm up for a good debate but it seemed pointless in this instance as there seemed to be more of a grudge going on rather than an objective discussion
That's a projection on your part; there's no grudge. I simply provided one of the many instances where you misunderstood and belittled intuition, to the irony of you now claiming to be an intuitive. I asked you twice what your reasoning behind your type change was, and you ignored me.

Unique

Hey my Brother, please see my notes below your quotes. Remeber, Halla does not care what type you are, I'll always think of you as "The Monopoly Man!" :cheese:

Understood, so your journey has been:

ESTP -> ISTP....

...and then...

ISTP -> INTP

Am I correct?

So, I cannot help to be compelled to ponder on the possiblilty that you are:

XXTP

What are the odds of that? A good friend of mine is balanced on E/I, and I know when he is choosing one mode of thought over another as I hear from him less when he is in the "I" zone.

By your own admission your N/S scores are "middle of the road" so maybe a type of "X" is warranted there too?

Thus XXTP might be your "base" or your "default" and what your are experiencing in your life causes a shift in your E/I or N/S preference.

How's that sound?

You've related to people here very well for a long time methinks. Remember, anyone who is unecessarily hostile is either rude or uncomfortable in their own skin. Ignore them, or simply point out that their commentary is not warranted or desired. Don't risk getting naughty points. :newwink:

Take it easy fella! You can always chat with your ESTP Bro over here! :hi:

Thanks halla, I see X as more of a temporary thing, everyone preferences no matter how slim it may be

I saw a video of an INTP who claimed they felt like they couldn't fit in so acted out in a way that they thought would have society like them more, it was interesting (For me maybe trying to become an ESTP?) she talked about how she sat away from the other kids and daydreamed I could definitely relate she said while she made friends it only served to make her feel more alone, exact same thing happened for me

Unique

Yes, E seems about right. F...hmm.

That's a projection on your part; there's no grudge. I simply provided one of the many instances where you misunderstood and belittled intuition, to the irony of you now claiming to be an intuitive. I asked you twice what your reasoning behind your type change was, and you ignored me.

Okay I've asked you to leave me alone.... F? Preposterous!

For the FINAL time I never misunderstood of belittled intuition do you even read anything I post? Obviously not.

I can only assume you're one of those internet bully's, you're clearly trolling now you let slip your cover