User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by SforzaRS View Post
    Why would anyone want to change from INTP??
    TiNe = intellectual superiority

besides.. just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I don't have friends.
    I was never popular or anything, but I've always had my circle of very good friends, and I don't have problems meeting people.
    Because whats the point of learning if you cant figure out how to apply it. Kinda seems pointless to be intellectual and not know how to use it.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Because whats the point of learning if you cant figure out how to apply it. Kinda seems pointless to be intellectual and not know how to use it.
    Blasphemer!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    Ixxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    As a kid before the age of of 13-14 I was defiantly not an ESTP. I used to avoid people and day dream! Yes thats right I was an INTP

I'd like to challenge those who think your MBTI type cannot change over time. I decided I didn't like who I was back then at all. I remember having very few friends...

So I stopped being that daydreamer that was constantly thinking of all sorts of random ideas, started living in the now, became more aware of my surroundings and finally started interacting more with people... and you know what.
    I think it is possible that all that daydreaming was your Ti function getting away on you, perhaps because it was developing faster than say, your Fe. Because you weren't satisfied with just thinking about things (being an ESTP), maybe your natural next step was to develop your Fe more and in doing so you ended up toning down the Ti and became more balanced (and happy). What do you think?

To be clear, I side with the idea that type is unchanging, that you were most likely always an ESTP, just that you developed in a way that put you in an INTP-like phase for a time.

But, maybe you really are an INTP and due to strong social pressure (perceived or real), you chose to work your Fe and Ne just to have fun doing more "normal" things. Or, maybe you aren't either of the types!

But anyways, it's good to know you're enjoying yourself.

P.S. Somebody let me know if this post is too long or wasn't appropriate -- sorry if it was.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by xx00oo00xx View Post
    P.S. Somebody let me know if this post is too long
    I think your fine.
    - Costrin

I think it is possible that all that daydreaming was your Ti function getting away on you, perhaps because it was developing faster than say, your Fe. Because you weren't satisfied with just thinking about things (being an ESTP), maybe your natural next step was to develop your Fe more and in doing so you ended up toning down the Ti and became more balanced (and happy). What do you think?

To be clear, I side with the idea that type is unchanging, that you were most likely always an ESTP, just that you developed in a way that put you in an INTP-like phase for a time.

But, maybe you really are an INTP and due to strong social pressure (perceived or real), you chose to work your Fe and Ne just to have fun doing more "normal" things. Or, maybe you aren't either of the types!

But anyways, it's good to know you're enjoying yourself.

P.S. Somebody let me know if this post is too long or wasn't appropriate -- sorry if it was.
    Well I wouldn't be quoting you if I didn't think this was a good post. In fact probably the best so far and I think you are defiantly on to something. However rather than Fe (tests show i have close to zero) I believe it was Se that was developed.

I now can see that my Ti was overdeveloped and Se underdeveloped at a younger age and that doesn't mean my type was different from ESTP.

Which makes sense because my percentages of S and E are much lower than that of my T

It goes to show that not everyone on the internet is stubborn I've changed my mind on this and don't think I've changed from ESTP

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I believe ya. I don't think dominant cognitive function stays constant for everyone.

I used to be an ISFJ for first 16 years of my life (yucks!), then ESFP for almost 2 years (awesome time!), then ENFP til now (up and down)
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    STP

Well I wouldn't be quoting you if I didn't think this was a good post. In fact probably the best so far and I think you are defiantly on to something. However rather than Fe (tests show i have close to zero) I believe it was Se that was developed.

I now can see that my Ti was overdeveloped and Se underdeveloped at a younger age and that doesn't mean my type was different from ESTP.

Which makes sense because my percentages of S and E are much lower than that of my T

It goes to show that not everyone on the internet is stubborn I've changed my mind on this and don't think I've changed from ESTP
    This makes sense. My son I believe is ISTP, but he acts very ESTP right now. I think to feed our dominant we must first feed out auxilary. In order for an ISTP to understand how things work they must first experience alot of things. For an ESTP to experience they must first understand how things work. As an ESTP understand more they become more active while as an ISTP experiences more we become more introverted. Thats why I when I am at a new job I start out all gung ho and once I figure everything out just get bored and become introverted. Its like whats the point of experience when I can already do it.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    TiSe

But then this makes you Ti, not Se dominant, doesn't it? We develop our lesser functions. Our dominant function comes naturally, ergo no real need to develop. We develop our auxilary and other functions to create balance.

MBTI
    TiSe

Two questions, can you daydream with Ti since for all purposes it is a present oriented function? Si and Ni go into the past or future. And if you are daydreaming would that not mean you're somewhere other than the present? Otherwise you really not daydreaming at all, but in deep thought. Also, if you tone down your auxilary then I would think that you create greater imbalance. I am not even sure that I can tone down my dominant function Ti instead would my Se for balance. Even if I could tone down my dominant function an ESTP would then tone down Se and develop Ti and an ISTP would tone down the Ti and and develops the Se. Otherwise you are describing ISTP from what I am reading.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Two questions, can you daydream with Ti since for all purposes it is a present oriented function? Si and Ni go into the past or future. And if you are daydreaming would that not mean you're somewhere other than the present? Otherwise you really not daydreaming at all, but in deep thought. Also, if you tone down your auxilary then I would think that you create greater imbalance. I am not even sure that I can tone down my dominant function Ti instead would my Se for balance. Even if I could tone down my dominant function an ESTP would then tone down Se and develop Ti and an ISTP would tone down the Ti and and develops the Se. Otherwise you are describing ISTP from what I am reading.
    Ti isn't a present oriented function. At least not for me. Its atemporal. Probably for STPs it can seem present oriented because its getting information from Se, while for NTPs it wouldn't be.
    - Costrin