User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    OK lets say you were an INTP.

As an introvert why would you be so bothered by having few friends?

As an intuitive why would your daydreaming bother you at all?

What is more likely is you were a ESTP and it was your extraversion and Se that made you want to develop better social skills and awareness.
    +100.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    wanna bet?
    I'd rather race.

I think I could have some success forcing myself into ENFP... but I'm far too weak in the Se area to ever maintain a state of ESTP-ness.

MBTI
    STP

When I was a kid, I talked alot and remember someone telling me once that I ask to many questions. I think for an ISTP when we are a kid we are forced to ask questions because we cant read and we dont see how things relate since we are S instead of N. For an ISTP we are very outgoing until we learn how to figure things out for ourselves and eventually our I really starts to show. ESTP may be the opposite and be very quite at first becoming more extrovert as they get older.

I dont think you were an INTP. I believe my niece is an INTP. She is not so big into asking questions. She seems to be able to see how things relate. She has taught herself how to read which sounds plausible since Ns notice how things relate they will pick up the relationship between sounds and letters. Ns can pickup theories on there own because theories is just how things relate and that is what Ne is. Ss on the other hand will end up asking how things relate instead of figuring it out on there own, but once they have an understanding of how things relate(Ni) they will be able to pick up the subtle differences in life and apply what they have learned to each situation. Its a give and take. Everything starts with theory or understanding, so an Ne has the upperhand at a younger age, but they will slow down when it comes to applying it where as an S will really take off once they get the theory down.

MBTI
    TiSe

As a kid before the age of of 13-14 I was defiantly not an ESTP. I used to avoid people and day dream! Yes thats right I was an INTP

I'd like to challenge those who think your MBTI type cannot change over time. I decided I didn't like who I was back then at all. I remember having very few friends...
    You made a conscious effort to change your cognitive processes, ergo itís not who you are naturally but what you have trained yourself to be. A person preferring a feeling function can learn to be more objective, a thinking type can learn to consider the human factor in matters, extraverts routinely realize the need to tone it down and introverts realize they must become more open in certain circumstances and so on.

The majority of us have a natural preference for particular functions no different than preferring right/left hand. However we can train ourselves to be ambidextrous and as Jung states up front there are no rare types, referring to someone preferring any single function 100% so being able to develop your other functions is expected per Myers-Briggs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Everyone has weaknesses and strengths, people are going to develop and change how they interact with the world.

Why would being an INTP be unacceptable?

MBTI
    ESTP

Of course tyoes can change, though I think I have always been an ESTP.

Even from childhood, I mean, I my parents have told me how I always insisted getting my own way, and generally I did get my own way. I remember one story in which I deeply desired a hat and I simply refused to move from near the store and I put myself on the ground and started to yell, and finally they had to get it. Which is pretty much what I do these days, besides the yelling.

Maybe I was a little bit more introverted when smaller... I wasn't exactly popular, but still, I had a lot of acquaintances. As far as I can remember, besides mentally "growing up" there haven't been many changes in my personality.

I have had moments when I told myself I have to make some changes in my personality, however I think I simply refined the way I use functions, not changing my preferences. I don't know how to explain better, but even if I decided I didn't like who I was, eh, well I did like who I was, but not how others saw me and that was what had to be changed, not who I was. So saying that you have changed your personality... it might be true, but it could also be simply adjusting it to fit into the society, which is not exactly changing it.

Heh, I don't know if you understood what I was trying to say. Anyway, the point is that probably, deep at heart you probably never change ), only at the outside, because that's how you want to be not how you are.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

"Introverted guy caught naked in the public." "In an interview to the police he claimed to be doing it all for his girlfriend, but as a professional psychologist of the police stated: the girlfriend does only exist in his mind"

I dont know, if I am extrovert or introvert. But I am most definitly pervert in my mind
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

As a kid before the age of of 13-14 I was defiantly not an ESTP. I used to avoid people and day dream! Yes thats right I was an INTP

I'd like to challenge those who think your MBTI type cannot change over time. I decided I didn't like who I was back then at all. I remember having very few friends...

So I stopped being that daydreamer that was constantly thinking of all sorts of random ideas, started living in the now, became more aware of my surroundings and finally started interacting more with people... and you know what.

ITS GREAT

Heres to being ESTP!
    Luke

| E 60% | S 60% | T 90% | P 95% |
    Well... maybe you were just an ESTP 'in hiding'

I once thought I was an ISFP
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Why would anyone want to change from INTP??
    TiNe = intellectual superiority

besides.. just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I don't have friends.
    I was never popular or anything, but I've always had my circle of very good friends, and I don't have problems meeting people.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SforzaRS View Post
    Why would anyone want to change from INTP??
    TiNe = intellectual superiority

besides.. just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I don't have friends.
    I was never popular or anything, but I've always had my circle of very good friends, and I don't have problems meeting people.
    Its the girls, its always the girls
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]