User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    OK lets say you were an INTP.

As an introvert why would you be so bothered by having few friends?

As an intuitive why would your daydreaming bother you at all?

What is more likely is you were a ESTP and it was your extraversion and Se that made you want to develop better social skills and awareness.
    Interesting theory but that stuff didn't bother me back then at all and it still doesn't bother me today but I decided I didn't like it as much as I would being a people person.

So you're saying it is because I'm extraverted that I wanted to become more extraverted? (social skills as you put it) Sorry but that just doesn't make sense. You must COME from introversion and GO to extraversion you don't start at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You're here; you're not really ESTP.

wanna bet?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Interesting theory but that stuff didn't bother me back then at all and it still doesn't bother me today but I decided I didn't like it as much as I would being a people person.
    Well then it obviously DID bother you at least a little bit, because if you were content with being a "non-people person" then you would have stayed that way.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Well then it obviously DID bother you at least a little bit, because if you were content with being a "non-people person" then you would have stayed that way.
    My point is though if I was not an introvert back then what was I?

If you say extravert then I really haven't stressed enough how much I avoided people and preferred my time alone

Lots of development happens to people around this age and I believe that my view of life did change

I realized that without action theory is useless

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I decided I didn't like it as much as I would being a people person.
    = confirmation of a preference

So you're saying it is because I'm extraverted that I wanted to become more extraverted? (social skills as you put it) Sorry but that just doesn't make sense. You must COME from introversion and GO to extraversion you don't start at the end.
    Being extraverted doesn't mean you have good social skills, a desire to interact will likely lead you to develop social skills.

So you went from an extravert with not so good social skills to an extravert with good social skills, both are equally extraverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    = confirmation of a preference

Being extraverted doesn't mean you have good social skills, a desire to interact will likely lead you to develop social skills.

So you went from an extravert with not so good social skills to an extravert with good social skills, both are equally extraverted.
    That sounds plausible actually

As a kid before the age of of 13-14 I was defiantly not an ESTP. I used to avoid people and day dream! Yes thats right I was an INTP

I'd like to challenge those who think your MBTI type cannot change over time. I decided I didn't like who I was back then at all. I remember having very few friends...

So I stopped being that daydreamer that was constantly thinking of all sorts of random ideas, started living in the now, became more aware of my surroundings and finally started interacting more with people... and you know what.

ITS GREAT

Heres to being ESTP!
    Luke
    To that, I gotta ask, how are your large motor skills?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That sounds plausible actually
    Yeah, I think the Quin-meister is onto something here.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

When I was a child... well.... I used to day dream a lot.

I was considered to be "quite different" from my fellow friends. Most of my games were outside the grasp of "ordinary" children. Somehow, I was quite aloof, but as the extremely gifted kid I was then, I didn't have the choice. Tell me, how could my fellow nine year old kids be interested with concepts like valence of the atoms, or the transition between romanesque to gothic architecture?

But in the same time, I already was a kind of class clown, very popular, the scourge of my teachers. I enjoyed that. They were both fascinated and horrified with my behavior. Fascinated, because as some of my former teachers confessed me, they never saw someone like me in their entire career... And horrified, because some of them understood I already was more clever and knowledgeable than they would ever be, even as full grown adults.

As far as I remember, I've always liked people, but people couldn't easily interact with me. It took me years to allow them to understand me.

Well. I'd say I already was an ENTP, somehow. I've always been.

So I have to admit that changing from your original type is a somewhat alien concept to me. But why not?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    When I was a child... well.... I used to day dream a lot.

I was considered to be "quite different" from my fellow friends. Most of my games were outside the grasp of "ordinary" children. Somehow, I was quite aloof, but as the extremely gifted kid I was then, I didn't have the choice. Tell me, how could my fellow nine year old kids be interested with concepts like valence of the atoms, or the transition between romanesque to gothic architecture?

But in the same time, I already was a kind of class clown, very popular, the scourge of my teachers. I enjoyed that. They were both fascinated and horrified with my behavior. Fascinated, because as some of my former teachers confessed me, they never saw someone like me in their entire career... And horrified, because some of them understood I already was more clever and knowledgeable than they would ever be, even as full grown adults.

As far as I remember, I always liked people, but people couldn't easily interact with me. It took me years to allow them to understand me.

Well. I'd say I already was an ENTP, somehow. I've always were.

So I have to admit that changing from your original type is a somewhat alien concept to me. But why not?
    kinda the same. Always been the kid interested in adults talks, the one 8 years old knowing about stars and black holes and so on and devouring huge books when all the other kids could hardly read.
    Then life decided to add some hardship into the mix (long story) and spent years acting like an unhappy introvert losing my usual status of former demonic brat bursting with energy.

Always been the guy with the right joke in the class, been using the system to my advantage for as far as I can remember, being the one guy who'd skip half the classes or pass tests he didn't take.

Always been awfully lazy with school matters, never did study at all and will spend all the time when I'm\I'm was supposed to study reading\doing anything BUT the lessons. Somehow got to become a student. Still lazy but grew up a bit

Never been as unhappy as in my 'introvert' years. I was constantly depressed, had no motivation what so ever, felt out of synch with the rest of the world. I finally even lost all interest in the intellectual world (or almost). I didn't want to think and lived a life of absolute boredom;

Took me quite a while to fix myself.
    The best thing in my life has been leaving high school after my a level and being able to really start over and rebuild myself.
    All my experiences taught me alot, and it's not in my nature to regret because it's what I am. and hey, done is done.
    Life's good

ps: haven't slept in a while, so don't you complain about sucky posts!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE