User Tag List

First 5131415

Results 141 to 145 of 145

  1. #141
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    That's why I go with Keirsey theory. It's the only thing that actually makes sense to me. It's integrated instead of separated into tiny bits like the other systems.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  2. #142
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    That's why I go with Keirsey theory. It's the only thing that actually makes sense to me. It's integrated instead of separated into tiny bits like the other systems.
    I think Keirsey only works for SPs.

    It doesn't work so well for me... I only barely relate to the NF archetype. I actually relate to something that looks like a cross between some parts of the NF archetype, a few parts of the SJ archetype, and a couple pieces of the NT archetype. In other words, I can relate to all three of the non-SP archetypes.

    As far as I'm concerned, that's pretty much how Keirsey's divides up... SPs and non-SPs. No other meaningful distinctions.

  3. #143
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Seems to work pretty well for everyone I've introduced to it. They say it describes their respective temperaments very nicely. I've yet to read the Rational description to my friend but it sounds just like him.

    I think you're just trying to make things too complicated. Typical Idealist.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  4. #144
    Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Oh well that makes even less senseSe is secondary i suppose.....lol wow fuck MBTI.
    You're attempting to correlate the two systems too much. Both systems use the first and last letter to determine the functions, but in different ways. Socionics does it by using the J/P to determine which function comes first, and then uses the I/E to determine the orientation of the function, so an ISTp becomes Si/Te. MBTI uses the J/P to determine the extroverted function, and uses I/E to determine which function set comes first (the introverted one vs the extroverted one), so an ISTP becomes Ti/Se. Make any sense?

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Seems to work pretty well for everyone I've introduced to it. They say it describes their respective temperaments very nicely. I've yet to read the Rational description to my friend but it sounds just like him.

    I think you're just trying to make things too complicated. Typical Idealist.
    Athenian is right. The reason it works well for SPs and SJs is that it accurately describes their mode of perception, which is why it's easy for them to relate to those profiles. However, NF and NT say nothing about anything. It doesn't tell their mode of perception or mode of judgement, so while there are some people that relate to it, there are many others that don't. It's also happened that two people from the same temperament can both relate to that temperament, yet both seem completely foreign to each other simply because one happens to be an NP and the other an NJ.

    Though I've also read pages on how ISTPs can look like INTs and ESFPs like ENFPs, so even then it can be hard to tell.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

  5. #145
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Athenian is right. The reason it works well for SPs and SJs is that it accurately describes their mode of perception, which is why it's easy for them to relate to those profiles. However, NF and NT say nothing about anything. It doesn't tell their mode of perception or mode of judgement, so while there are some people that relate to it, there are many others that don't.
    Can you be more specific? KTT focuses on external observations and not trying to get inside the heads of other people, that's probly why. It tells what it looks like to observe a temperament from the outside, that's why it's so easy to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    It's also happened that two people from the same temperament can both relate to that temperament, yet both seem completely foreign to each other simply because one happens to be an NP and the other an NJ.

    Though I've also read pages on how ISTPs can look like INTs and ESFPs like ENFPs, so even then it can be hard to tell.
    Sure, there might be similarities, but there's always the fundamental distinction between temperament.

    Of course NPs look different from NJs. NPs are inquirers and thus structurers, while NJs are enterprisers and thus stratifiers. That doesn't entail that they're not both Rationals. Each temperament is split down the middle like that. Have you read up on the temperaments? Plus there's alot more that goes into the theory besides just temperament that you probably don't realize, like I just showed you.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] An ESTP broke off all contact with me. That type doesn't change their minds, right?
    By NancyD in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-29-2017, 03:59 AM
  2. [ESTP] Breaking through to an ESTP
    By JustHer in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
  3. [ESTP] An ESTP thread!
    By stellar renegade in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 04:54 AM
  4. [ESTP] How to get an ESTP to care
    By Hunni518 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 11:15 AM
  5. [ESTP] Ask an ESTP... my brother! (boring anecdote)
    By maliafee in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO