User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    That sounds to me like a natural preference for sensing.

Everyone has both S and N functions. But type is dependent on which we use dominantly. Don't bother relating to people or type descriptions. Understand the functions, then actively observe yours and others thinking to see how yours compare.

The older I get, the more I seem to be in my head daydreaming or thinking, and realizing this always makes me second-guess myself. How do I know I don't have a preference for it? Because I can wake myself up out of it.

Do you primarily use Ne or Ni?

INTPs and ENTPs use Ne, dominantly. XSTPs use Ni, subconsciously. I know, without a doubt, from hanging around my INTP and ENTP friends and observing the jumps they make in their conversation and thoughts, that I absolutely do not have a dominant preference for Ne. In fact, I have to ask them to go back sometimes when describing something, because they jump too far ahead, skipping important details that help me understand.

While we are all thinkers, I approach things from a completely different angle. They see big-picture possibilities. I see the realistic application and holes in those possibilities.
    It was a fictitious scenario not about myself that if you were to create a 100% sensor that they would operate in this world (As it is right now) more efficiently than the opposite, it would seem nobody understands what I mean by this so I'm going to try and put it once again under the rug

I shall give you and example of my thought process

A work colleague stated that she was annoyed at management for letting customers get away with scamming them out of a few dollars (In this scenario) I basically told her that the reason they do this is not out of being spineless but rather they are looking at the bigger picture of not making a spectacle out of themselves increasing numbers over quality, she of course only cared about the practical solution of the moment and this just seemed like some random nonsense I pulled out of nowhere

Also you are mistaken, INTPs are Ti dominants and Ne auxiliary. The tertiary or "subconscious" function as you called it for INTPs is Si which notices inconsistencies in detail etc hence the irony of the former (not trying to be mean here just a good example)

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Also you are mistaken, INTPs are Ti dominants and Ne auxiliary.
    It's the same thing to me, because the dominant and auxiliary are used in tandem, not separately.

The tertiary or "subconscious" function as you called it for INTPs is Si which notices inconsistencies in detail etc hence the irony of the former (not trying to be mean here just a good example)
    It is? Damn, I thought that was Ti! (When it comes to logic at least)

Thanks for correcting me!

Disclaimer: Please don't take any of what I said as an indication that I do or don't think you're an INTP. I really don't care - I was just offering food for thought. You can be whatever you please, and you know best how you work. And whatever type you are, you'll always be Unique to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

You are mistaken, my theory was that you don't need intuition to operate everyday life as much as you need sensing my view on this has not changed.
    Yes, you said:

My point is that everyone must use sensing to operate in the world however you don't need to use intuition to operate in the world
    IOW, intuition is useless [in the world]. Later you remarked that intution is not needed.

An intuitive (or even someone who was on the S/N border) would never make such a comment.

I expected such ludicrously and hostility for no reason from you though
    I just gave my opinion. I even said "no offense," so any hostility perceived is completely from your end. Admittedly, I found the type change hilarious, but who doesn't? If I wanted to be hostile I would have said: "That you're even contemplating being INTP is sheer idiocy. If you're INTP, I'm the Dalai Lama."

Maybe you should spend some time at the NT Rationale or Philosophy and Spirituality forum. Let's see how long it takes before you start to find the discussion there utterly boring and confusing.

But you still haven't answered: what is your reasoning behind this type change?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Yes, you said:

IOW, intuition is useless [in the world]. Later you remarked that intution is not needed.

An intuitive (or even someone who was on the S/N border) would never make such a comment.

I just gave my opinion. I even said "no offense," so any hostility perceived is completely from your end. If I wanted to be hostile I would have said: "That you're even contemplating being INTP is sheer idiocy. If you're INTP, I'm the Dalai Lama."

Maybe you should spend some time at the NT Rationale or Philosophy and Spirituality forum. Let's see how long it takes before you start to find the discussion there utterly boring and confusing.

But you still haven't answered: what is your reasoning behind this type change?
    Open your mind women! Though... somewhat typical for an NFJ to take a concept and riff on it even after clarification just cause they have some emotional gripe about it

You're narrow minded enough to think that if an intuitive talks down upon intuition that they must not be intuitive? In this case I wasn't even talking it down but even if I was thats completely irrelevant

"If you don't think a pure sensing world would operate I'd like to know why... sure red wouldn't mean stop... in a pure sensing world there wouldn't be red there would be STOP... eh don't see how that makes operation impossible"

My theory was that intuition isn't 'needed' to operate everyday life it was a fictitious scenario... oh and... wait... I've said all this haven't I?

Do you need further clarification? Cause I seriously tire of your inability to grasp my concept

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Open your mind women! Though... somewhat typical for an NFJ to take a concept and riff on it even after clarification just cause they have some emotional gripe about it

You're narrow minded enough to think that if an intuitive talks down upon intuition that they must not be intuitive? In this case I wasn't even talking it down but even if I was thats completely irrelevant
    The bolded is ironic.

Yes, you're open-minded enough to entertain the idea of being an INTP. The more you post, the more it becomes even clearer that you are not INTP and are STP. So continue. This could be enlightening for others.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    It's the same thing to me, because the dominant and auxiliary are used in tandem, not separately.

It is? Damn, I thought that was Ti! (When it comes to logic at least)

Thanks for correcting me!

Disclaimer: Please don't take any of what I said as an indication that I do or don't think you're an INTP. I really don't care - I was just offering food for thought. You can be whatever you please, and you know best how you work. And whatever type you are, you'll always be Unique to me.
    I assumed so No worries, thanks for your insights

The bolded is ironic.

Yes, you're open-minded enough to entertain being an INTP. The more you post, the more it becomes even clearer that you are not INTP. So continue.
    My word, and immature enough to tell people which types they are or are not over the internet

There is nothing ironic about what I said, just a pattern I noticed with a few INFJs hence why I said "some what typical" as it isn't 100%

Provide some logic and substance to what you have to say please and stop acting like a 6 year old who is trying to kick a boy out of the club house

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

My word, and immature enough to tell people which types they are or are not over the internet

There is nothing ironic about what I said, just a pattern I noticed with a few INFJs hence why I said "some what typical" as it isn't 100%

Provide some logic and substance to what you have to say please and stop acting like a 6 year old who is trying to kick a boy out of the club house
    Overuse of trite insults? Check
    Reading on the surface? Check
    Overt aggression? Check

Yup, STP.

Hey, Unique -- no harm intended. I just find this whole thing a bit funny. Be ENFJ if you want, really.

Overuse of trite insults? Check
    Reading on the surface? Check
    Overt aggression? Check

Yup, STP.

Hey, Unique -- no harm intended. I just find this whole thing a bit funny.
    A) Wasn't an insult but rather a metaphor... it could be argued you took that at face value, it had a double meaning that you didn't pick up on... interesting.

B) Reading on the surface? Honestly your post lacked substance anyway a outlandish claim that I'm not an INTP with no reason given

C) Overt aggression? Hardly, if I hurt any feelings of yours I'm unaware and apologize

You seem to be seeing me through a filter or colored glasses... you took what I said as a 'face value insult' because you see me as an STP when in actual fact it wasn't

I honestly have no idea why you seem to follow me around blatantly misunderstand me and seem to just want to pick a fight I'd like you to leave me alone

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I honestly have no idea why you seem to follow me around blatantly misunderstand me and seem to just want to pick a fight I'd like you to leave me alone
    Okay, Unique.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm going to go with ExFP on this one. NTs tend to not feel like they're being attacked when being critiqued, especially when they explicitly ask for their new shiny type to be...critiqued and analyzed.

But I don't know you at all.