• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typing "The Office", just for fun

maliafee

The Office:

Jim Halpert = ISFP (because he's like my ex-boyfriend ISFP)

Pam Beesly = ISFP (because she's kinda like me and other ISFPs I've met)

Michael Scott = hard for me to type because he's not all that smart... I don't wanna insult anyone by assigning him your type!

Dwight Schrute = INTJ? But again, not as smart as he thinks he is, so don't wanna insult any INTJs... I love you, my favorite brother is one! :D

Angela = ISTJ?

Any other guesses?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Michael Scott actually isn't dumb. He was a top salesman. He just isn't socially adept.

maliafee

Are you sure he's not dumb? He says a LOT of things that would contradict that, at least to me. It's not just his social difficulties, it's his understanding of the world that seems to be at a very low level... I wish I could think of a quote. Hmm...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Office:

Michael Scott = hard for me to type because he's not all that smart... I don't wanna insult anyone by assigning him your type!

Dwight Schrute = INTJ? But again, not as smart as he thinks he is, so don't wanna insult any INTJs... I love you, my favorite brother is one! :D

Angela = ISTJ?

Any other guesses?

I can't remember who is who?
Pam seems kind of isxj to me.

Is Dwight the boss' bitch with the glasses?
Yea, maybe intj

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kelly, yea. esfp

(Edit: A stupid representation of us, I must add. Typical of TV shows to represent us this way.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jim? Is he the really sweet guy?
i'd say isfp for him

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Ooh, and Kelly is an ESFP?

Nobody wants to do this?!

There have already been a few, but I'll do it for fun anyway.

The Office:

Angela = ISTJ?

Any other guesses?

Michael: nf, possible enfj
Jim: entp
Dwight: xstj.
Pam: isfx
Angela: istj
Toby: infp
Others: some combination of N's, S's, F's, T's, J's, and P's:cheese:

maliafee

Well, I'm new so I didn't know that... :p Thank you for being so nice and humoring me!

I think you're right about Pam on second thought. She did leave the note on the microwave, and I don't see an ISFP doing that. ISFJ!

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I'm new so I didn't know that... :p Thank you for being so nice and humoring me!

I think you're right about Pam on second thought. She did leave the note on the microwave, and I don't see an ISFP doing that. ISFJ!

Haha, I don't know what Pam is exactly. She's seems to be a mix between the two.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Michael - ENFJ
Jim - ISFP
Pam - ISFJ
Dwight - ISTJ
Angela - ISTJ

hakuna

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hooray! I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this. The office is overflowing with different personalities, I love it.

My take:

Jim-ENTP
Pam-ISFJ
Dwight-INTJ
Micheal- Not sure.. he's so off the wall. I'd like to say ENFJ, he's all for office harmony, yet fails miserably.. unhealthy ENFJ? Or possibly an unhealthy ESFJ.. simply because I don't see too much introverted intuition in him. He is kind of hard to type.
Angela-IxTJ
Kelly-ESFP (I'm like 100% on that)

What type do you guys think that Andy is?

maliafee

Andy is an ISFJ?

Interesting that you type Jim as an ENTP... I would never have. I think people who don't know ISFP guys might not realize that a lot can appear kind of extroverted in certain situations, and a lot will lead if they HAVE to (at work when everything is falling apart, etc.). But I'll think about that ENTP thing... hmm.

hakuna

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I see what you're saying. I had an ISFP friend at my former college who was in a leadership program and really held his own. I feel like if Jim were Fi dominant his leadership style would be different, focusing on values and and then implementing them via Se. Jim's pranks on Dwight are just so innovative that I see them as Ne and he's very level headed as well which could be his Ti. He's also pretty friendly and shows a lot of what I presume to be Fe. Although, he did leave Scranton temporarily because of Pam, which would be Fi.

redacted

Jim - ISTP
Pam - ISFJ
Michael - ENFP (maybe ENFJ)
Dwight - ESTJ
Angela - ISTJ
Kelly - ESFP

Not sure about the rest of the characters; I don't know the show extremely well...

(P.S. the mods will probably merge this with the other threads in Pop Culture and Type)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
kelly, yea. esfp

(Edit: A stupid representation of us, I must add. Typical of TV shows to represent us this way.)

Ha - Michael Scott is ENFP so I feel ya, sister!

LOL.

Before this gets moved to 'other psychology topics' and merged (pretty sure The Office has it's own thread already)

Most Glaringly 'Obvious' Stereo/Types:

Michael Scott -- ENFP :doh:
Kelly -- ESFP :doh:
Jan -- ENTJ
Packer (travelling salesmen) - ESTP *lol*

Others:

Dwight - ISTJ
Angela - IXTJ
Ryan - INTJ
Andy Bernard - ESFJ ?
Jim - INFJ? --> He has leadership potential but remember that Michael really likes him and he even starts acting like Michael when he takes over the office for a day?
Pam - INFP or ISFJ

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Any other guesses?

Sure.

Michael - ENFP
Dwight - ESTJ
Ryan - INTP/ENTJ
Jan - ExTJ
Pam - INFP (very close on the S v. N divide: her emotional awareness sells it for me.)

Jim - INTP
Oscar - ISTJ
Kevin - ISTP
Andy - ESFJ
Packer - ESTP

Phyllis - ISFP
Angela - ISTJ
Roy - ISTP
Holly - ENFP
Toby - ISFJ

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Michael - ESFP
Dwight - ESTJ (he's totally not an INTJ. We'd never suck up to authority and protocol that much)
Ryan - ESTJ
Jan - ExFJ (but she's hard to type because she's crazy. She's a T at work and an F every other time of the day)
Pam - INFP
Jim - ENTP (he likes having people around)
Oscar - ISTJ
Kevin - ESTJ
Andy - ESFP
Packer - ESFJ
Phyllis - ISTP
Angela - ISTJ
Roy - ESFP
Holly - INFJ
Toby - ISFP