• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Sensor Intelligence

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
If intelligence is not type related to begin with why would you assume Si is more intelligent than Ti? Also there are 6 billion people on the planet. Atlest 1 billion of them are N types. You sure are bold to make a bet like the bet you made.

Yeah but Riva, you seem quite perturbed by his statement. You arent worried about your own intelligence are you?

He said ISTJ's were more intelligent 'sensor wise' whatever that means....I suppose he meant in a more concrete here and now way.

The point being that the ISTJ's Si is more likely to be intelligent at 'sensorific' aspects than the Ti of an ISTP, who is most likely better at the internal consistancy and principal of...well whatever framework is being considered I suppose.

But any notion of 'better' is slightly odd in function theory because the whole point of functions is that they define cognition...not your capabilities.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If intelligence is not type related to begin with why would you assume Si is more intelligent than Ti? Also there are 6 billion people on the planet. Atlest 1 billion of them are N types. You sure are bold to make a bet like the bet you made.

I specifically stated sensor intelligence. I think Ti is more intelligent in other ways. Being that I normally score between 2%-0.5% on the bell curve I have the balls to make that statement. No I am not the most intelligent person on earth, but I really dont think N has anything to do with intelligence.

R

Riva

Yeah but Riva, you seem quite perturbed by his statement. You arent worried about your own intelligence are you?

How could I not be when a SENSOR challenges my intelligence? ;)

He said ISTJ's were more intelligent 'sensor wise' whatever that means....I suppose he meant in a more concrete here and now way.

When he said sensor wise I thought he was making a comparison with all other sensor types than the intelligence based on sensor terms? Hmmm... English second language here. So you tell me sir, which is more correct gramatically and least likely to create confusion. Is it -

Sensor wise or?
Intelligence based on sensor terms?

The point being that the ISTJ's Si is more likely to be intelligent at 'sensorific' aspects than the Ti of an ISTP, who is most likely better at the internal consistancy and principal of...well whatever framework is being considered I suppose.

But any notion of 'better' is slightly odd in function theory because the whole point of functions is that they define cognition...not your capabilities.

Agreed on both points.

Off topic request -

I quoted 1 of your posts in one post of mine thrice. How many notifications did you get? 3 or 1?

I specifically stated sensor intelligence. I think Ti is more intelligent in other ways. Being that I normally score between 2%-0.5% on the bell curve I have the balls to make that statement. No I am not the most intelligent person on earth, but I really dont think N has anything to do with intelligence.

Well Mister you said pit against any N type on any given day of the week. Quite a bold statement it is indeed :tongue:.

Even a 16 year old virgin INTX wouldn't be that cocky ;).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well Mister you said pit against any N type on any given day of the week. Quite a bold statement it is indeed :tongue:.

Then its safe to assumme i am not a 16 year old INTx virgin.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
When he said sensor wise I thought he was making a comparison with all other sensor types than the intelligence based on sensor terms? Hmmm... English second language here. So you tell me sir, which is more correct gramatically and least likely to create confusion. Is it -

Sensor wise or?

Are you asking me to confirm your own mistake as being justified? I suppose the second given your question, but I was just clarifying for you. I wasn't trying to imply: "you dumb dumb riva, you didn't read it properly."

Off topic request -

I quoted 1 of your posts in one post of mine thrice. How many notifications did you get? 3 or 1?

Just the once.

R

Riva

Are you asking me to confirm your own mistake as being justified? I suppose the second given your question, but I was just clarifying for you. I wasn't trying to imply: "you dumb dumb riva, you didn't read it properly."

I know you weren't implying I was dumb :shock:.

Sigh I'm getting the walking on egg shells feeling on the forum these days. It happens from time to time.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Sigh I'm getting the walking on egg shells feeling on the forum these days. It happens from time to time.

Really? I dont know why.....ive thrown all my egg-shells out. :happy2:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh my God Riva! What are you trying to say about me? I can't believe how insensitive you are...*storms off*

*Comes back* *Gives Riva a hug*

/Amateur dramatics

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How could I not be when a SENSOR challenges my intelligence? ;)

Sensor wise or?

Agreed on both points.

Off topic request -

who is the 16 year old virgin?!

R

Riva

Sorry to be derailing the thread people. A quick stop to answer these 2 quotes and I'm on my way.

Oh my God Riva! What are you trying to say about me? I can't believe how insensitive you are...*storms off*

*Comes back* *Gives Riva a hug*

/Amateur dramatics

Aww thank you. You made my day.

*Turns into a feeler and flies away*

who is the 16 year old virgin?!

It was only a weak type related joke. What I was suggesting was that extremely young, immature INTXs who haven't experienced the world much would likely believe that they are smarter than they rest of the world :).

But if you seriously do need to find 16 year old INTX virgins you could go here.

Read the title to the left. It's quite funny actually.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't read the rest of this thread, but I was just talking to my INFJ boss about this sort of thing, in relation to learning styles. One of the things that I'm very good at doing, that she can't do, is envisioning a broader whole as made up of a methodical, logical list. You can give me an extremely complicated task and I won't get lost in it, because it'll be like putting a puzzle together; the picture will become clearer as I go, and it'll become easier and easier to complete. (This is exactly the reason why I'm good at complicated knitting patterns that require charts, e.g. cables and colorwork.)

I figure this has something to do with Si/Ne, so it would make sense for it to be a common SJ talent.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
SJs are great at details. I find details very daunting, especially if I have to make an action plan. I just cannot do it! :cry:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ability to break something down into distinct, concrete pieces to isolate and address a problem. I have a hard time addressing complex problems because I see too many intertwined threads of cause and effect; often it feels like looking at a giant knot. My SJ is very good at taking that same situation, seeing the same complexity that I see, but being easily able to divide it up into useful parts, set aside the parts that are, in that situation, relatively unrelated, and focus on the ones which have the most potential for positive change.

W

WALMART

My largest apprehension of claiming ISTP status is the perceived lack of intelligence in sensors. Kinda like choosing to be black in the 1950’s, it just ain't fair.

A

Anew Leaf

My largest apprehension of claiming ISTP status is the perceived lack of intelligence in sensors. Kinda like choosing to be black in the 1950’s, it just ain't fair.

Anyone who talks to you for a few minutes would have to be a moron themselves to think you aren't intelligent.

A

Anew Leaf

Well thank you, Saturned. Perhaps I can spark a sensor revolution.

:)

P.S. You're xSTP. Most likely borderline iSTP. You just have this very relaxed nonchalant air to yourself that is easy going to be around. However, you don't play Ne ping pong with me in the way I am used to such reindeer games going down, so I would posit that you are Se instead.

W

WALMART

:)

P.S. You're xSTP. Most likely borderline iSTP. You just have this very relaxed nonchalant air to yourself that is easy going to be around. However, you don't play Ne ping pong with me in the way I am used to such reindeer games going down, so I would posit that you are Se instead.

Hm, interesting. Much to ponder on.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Thats the best part though ;)

edit: no it wouldnt be fair, its a challenge.

Me and my INTJ dad were mounting my TV above my fireplace. I was standing on the floor struggling to turn the eye hook into the wall with some pliers because it was almost out of my reach. My dad went and got me a stool, I looked at the stool and kept doing what I was doing. When my arm got tired, I turned, grabbed the stool, and used it. I love pushing myself physically and 99% of the time I will take the hard way just because I want to do it.

My mom who was watching us just looked at me and made the comment of how I love a challenge my dad sat there like I was digging a screw driver into his side to not use the stool..

LMAO...same thing happened when I wanted to cut down a tree with an axe and 2/3 of the way through my hands were blistered and hurt to straighten...or when I had to get a solid rubber tire for my wheel barrow because I had to weight it down so much that I flattened wheels that had to be inflated...lol

I do that stuff for fun, when I get bored or exhausted I take the easy route....I mean the "logical and smart" route...LMAO