User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Haven't read the rest of this thread, but I was just talking to my INFJ boss about this sort of thing, in relation to learning styles. One of the things that I'm very good at doing, that she can't do, is envisioning a broader whole as made up of a methodical, logical list. You can give me an extremely complicated task and I won't get lost in it, because it'll be like putting a puzzle together; the picture will become clearer as I go, and it'll become easier and easier to complete. (This is exactly the reason why I'm good at complicated knitting patterns that require charts, e.g. cables and colorwork.)

I figure this has something to do with Si/Ne, so it would make sense for it to be a common SJ talent.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

SJs are great at details. I find details very daunting, especially if I have to make an action plan. I just cannot do it!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The ability to break something down into distinct, concrete pieces to isolate and address a problem. I have a hard time addressing complex problems because I see too many intertwined threads of cause and effect; often it feels like looking at a giant knot. My SJ is very good at taking that same situation, seeing the same complexity that I see, but being easily able to divide it up into useful parts, set aside the parts that are, in that situation, relatively unrelated, and focus on the ones which have the most potential for positive change.

WALMART

My largest apprehension of claiming ISTP status is the perceived lack of intelligence in sensors. Kinda like choosing to be black in the 1950’s, it just ain't fair.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    My largest apprehension of claiming ISTP status is the perceived lack of intelligence in sensors. Kinda like choosing to be black in the 1950’s, it just ain't fair.
    Anyone who talks to you for a few minutes would have to be a moron themselves to think you aren't intelligent.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Anyone who talks to you for a few minutes would have to be a moron themselves to think you aren't intelligent.

Well thank you, Saturned. Perhaps I can spark a sensor revolution.

Anew Leaf

P.S. You're xSTP. Most likely borderline iSTP. You just have this very relaxed nonchalant air to yourself that is easy going to be around. However, you don't play Ne ping pong with me in the way I am used to such reindeer games going down, so I would posit that you are Se instead.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

P.S. You're xSTP. Most likely borderline iSTP. You just have this very relaxed nonchalant air to yourself that is easy going to be around. However, you don't play Ne ping pong with me in the way I am used to such reindeer games going down, so I would posit that you are Se instead.

Hm, interesting. Much to ponder on.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    STP

Thats the best part though

edit: no it wouldnt be fair, its a challenge.

Me and my INTJ dad were mounting my TV above my fireplace. I was standing on the floor struggling to turn the eye hook into the wall with some pliers because it was almost out of my reach. My dad went and got me a stool, I looked at the stool and kept doing what I was doing. When my arm got tired, I turned, grabbed the stool, and used it. I love pushing myself physically and 99% of the time I will take the hard way just because I want to do it.

My mom who was watching us just looked at me and made the comment of how I love a challenge my dad sat there like I was digging a screw driver into his side to not use the stool..

LMAO...same thing happened when I wanted to cut down a tree with an axe and 2/3 of the way through my hands were blistered and hurt to straighten...or when I had to get a solid rubber tire for my wheel barrow because I had to weight it down so much that I flattened wheels that had to be inflated...lol

I do that stuff for fun, when I get bored or exhausted I take the easy route....I mean the "logical and smart" route...LMAO
    Im out, its been fun