User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    If intelligence is not type related to begin with why would you assume Si is more intelligent than Ti? Also there are 6 billion people on the planet. Atlest 1 billion of them are N types. You sure are bold to make a bet like the bet you made.
    Yeah but Riva, you seem quite perturbed by his statement. You arent worried about your own intelligence are you?

He said ISTJ's were more intelligent 'sensor wise' whatever that means....I suppose he meant in a more concrete here and now way.

The point being that the ISTJ's Si is more likely to be intelligent at 'sensorific' aspects than the Ti of an ISTP, who is most likely better at the internal consistancy and principal of...well whatever framework is being considered I suppose.

But any notion of 'better' is slightly odd in function theory because the whole point of functions is that they define cognition...not your capabilities.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    STP

If intelligence is not type related to begin with why would you assume Si is more intelligent than Ti? Also there are 6 billion people on the planet. Atlest 1 billion of them are N types. You sure are bold to make a bet like the bet you made.
    I specifically stated sensor intelligence. I think Ti is more intelligent in other ways. Being that I normally score between 2%-0.5% on the bell curve I have the balls to make that statement. No I am not the most intelligent person on earth, but I really dont think N has anything to do with intelligence.
    Im out, its been fun

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Yeah but Riva, you seem quite perturbed by his statement. You arent worried about your own intelligence are you?
    How could I not be when a SENSOR challenges my intelligence?

He said ISTJ's were more intelligent 'sensor wise' whatever that means....I suppose he meant in a more concrete here and now way.
    When he said sensor wise I thought he was making a comparison with all other sensor types than the intelligence based on sensor terms? Hmmm... English second language here. So you tell me sir, which is more correct gramatically and least likely to create confusion. Is it -

Sensor wise or?
    Intelligence based on sensor terms?

The point being that the ISTJ's Si is more likely to be intelligent at 'sensorific' aspects than the Ti of an ISTP, who is most likely better at the internal consistancy and principal of...well whatever framework is being considered I suppose.

But any notion of 'better' is slightly odd in function theory because the whole point of functions is that they define cognition...not your capabilities.
    Agreed on both points.

Off topic request -

I quoted 1 of your posts in one post of mine thrice. How many notifications did you get? 3 or 1?

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I specifically stated sensor intelligence. I think Ti is more intelligent in other ways. Being that I normally score between 2%-0.5% on the bell curve I have the balls to make that statement. No I am not the most intelligent person on earth, but I really dont think N has anything to do with intelligence.
    Well Mister you said pit against any N type on any given day of the week. Quite a bold statement it is indeed .

Even a 16 year old virgin INTX wouldn't be that cocky .

MBTI
    STP

Well Mister you said pit against any N type on any given day of the week. Quite a bold statement it is indeed .

Then its safe to assumme i am not a 16 year old INTx virgin.
    Im out, its been fun

When he said sensor wise I thought he was making a comparison with all other sensor types than the intelligence based on sensor terms? Hmmm... English second language here. So you tell me sir, which is more correct gramatically and least likely to create confusion. Is it -

Sensor wise or?
    Are you asking me to confirm your own mistake as being justified? I suppose the second given your question, but I was just clarifying for you. I wasn't trying to imply: "you dumb dumb riva, you didn't read it properly."

Off topic request -

I quoted 1 of your posts in one post of mine thrice. How many notifications did you get? 3 or 1?
    Just the once.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Riva

Are you asking me to confirm your own mistake as being justified? I suppose the second given your question, but I was just clarifying for you. I wasn't trying to imply: "you dumb dumb riva, you didn't read it properly."
    I know you weren't implying I was dumb .

Sigh I'm getting the walking on egg shells feeling on the forum these days. It happens from time to time.

Sigh I'm getting the walking on egg shells feeling on the forum these days. It happens from time to time.
    Really? I dont know why.....ive thrown all my egg-shells out.

- A.A. Milne.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh my God Riva! What are you trying to say about me? I can't believe how insensitive you are...*storms off*

*Comes back* *Gives Riva a hug*

/Amateur dramatics
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

How could I not be when a SENSOR challenges my intelligence?

Sensor wise or?

Agreed on both points.

Off topic request -

who is the 16 year old virgin?!

Riva

Sorry to be derailing the thread people. A quick stop to answer these 2 quotes and I'm on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oh my God Riva! What are you trying to say about me? I can't believe how insensitive you are...*storms off*

*Comes back* *Gives Riva a hug*

/Amateur dramatics
    Aww thank you. You made my day.

*Turns into a feeler and flies away*

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    who is the 16 year old virgin?!
    It was only a weak type related joke. What I was suggesting was that extremely young, immature INTXs who haven't experienced the world much would likely believe that they are smarter than they rest of the world .

But if you seriously do need to find 16 year old INTX virgins you could go here.

Read the title to the left. It's quite funny actually.