User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@wolfy I decided to bring back 2007. The new threads bore me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I agree, besides this thread looks worth resurrecting.

ps: Damn sorry Wolfy I just notified you again.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking as much as old threads like T vs F made me laugh and caused big arguments they had some interesting thoughts mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I agree, besides this thread looks worth resurrecting.

ps: Damn sorry Wolfy I just notified you again.
    I didn't get two notifications.

I was just thinking that intuitives are supposed to be good at spotting abstract patterns and sensors patterns in the world they experience around them. So maybe that is something to work from.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Not to split hairs, but in terms of IQ, sensors are grouped in the average category (91-109), while intuitives are grouped higher.

Unlike what is assumed, however, it is generally believed that those with lower IQ develop their sensing skills as a way to compensate. IOW, personality doesn't define IQ. (KAIT)

It is also a subset of openness and little to do with the imagination/creative aspects of N/Openness (if memory serves me correctly). So there is a rather large correlation between abstract sub-traits and gF (I think), while gC seems to just be hanging about equally (although still gapped, with a preference for openness type traits - the willingness to learn and grow).

The reason why this doesn't manifest itself universally is because there is a huge overlap despite the binomial distribution of S/N, and simply because Ss don't do any worse in the workplace, statistically speaking. Just like the N side, the STJs cannibalise the SFs and the STPs (NTJs doing the same to the other side) to become vastly over represented. If you normally distribute the factors, the correlation is about 0.3, I think, which isn't very significant. Course, when you segment the population into a 25/33-75/66 split, you are going to get a wider gap.

What is normally misunderstood is that while Ns are unique good at taking IQ tests, this is because all of the gF loaded tests require abstract thinking. By definition, N's will be better at it. What it doesn't note is that there are very few to no success factors involved. Not money, not happiness... There is a correlation between IQ and wealth and a few others, but for the most part, very little.

*shrug*

The problems start when someone starts using these averages as something meaningful. Saying N's are smarter is like saying blacks commit more crimes. Statistically true (in some locations), but irrelevent except for research purposes. It is done to find information, to find causes and to find correlations. Applying it to individuals or groups isn't any better than building upon the same model as racism.

As you wish.
    Ns being smarter is a huge crock. I will pit my IQ against an N any day of the week.

ISTJs are probably more intelligent "sensor" wise anyway since they are dominant S where as an ISTP is dominant T.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Ns being smarter is a huge crock. I will pit my IQ against an N any day of the week.
    r
    ISTJs are probably more intelligent "sensor" wise anyway since they are dominant S where as an ISTP is dominant T.
    Now I would never pit my nerdiness against an N. Nothiong against being nerdy, just despite how nerdy I am, I dont think I stand a chance against an N.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

There's also the bizarre assumption that IQ actually even measures anything objective or useful.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    There's also the bizarre assumption that IQ actually even measures anything objective or useful.
    LMAO...it measures a very small percent of being useful...from my experience or my POV to me it measures the speed at which one learns and understands. Thats about it. Doesnt show effort, perserverance, experience, determination, size/depth of knowledge or anything else.
    Im out, its been fun

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^this (though, to be honest, I still enjoy it for the ego boost. my 3w4 fix eats that shit up )
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Riva

Ns being smarter is a huge crock. I will pit my IQ against an N any day of the week.ISTJs are probably more intelligent "sensor" wise anyway since they are dominant S where as an ISTP is dominant T.
    If intelligence is not type related to begin with why would you assume Si is more intelligent than Ti? Also there are 6 billion people on the planet. Atlest 1 billion of them are N types. You sure are bold to make a bet like the bet you made.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I actually tend to score highly on those IQ tests. I had to do one to get into secondary school and apparently I scored the best in the year. I don't know why. And I don't much care either way. They measure nothing relevant to life.