User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

My friend Dave, an ISTJ, is a mathematical genius. He never, ever, ever forgets to carry the one.

I'm great at understanding mathematical theory, but give me a problem to do, and I'll get the wrong answer. Look through my working, and you'll find I forgot to carry a one somewhere!

Where he's always bearing in mind the details of what's gone before, I'm always too busy jumping ahead, and forget to hold onto what's already happened.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think IQ tests only test your Introverted Thinking abilities -- the ability to make logical conclusions based on the facts presented. Technically, it's Introverted Thinking that grasps abstract patterns.

Neither Intuition nor Sensation are about logical conclusions unless balanced by an Introverted Thinking function. Both functions are instinctual, Intuition relies on hunches, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Having said that, I would think IxTPs are the most likely to score high on IQ tests.

Intuition measures vision and imagination, not logical abilities. Intuition's out-of-the-box way of looking at things could also lead it to see an IQ question differently than normal, and so Intuition can also distort Thinking's conventional logic. For example, to the Intuitive, 1+1 doesn't have to equal 2, it could also equal 11 -- as in putting two 1's together. While that may seem literal in its thinking, 1+1=2 is literal in a conventional sense, and conventional logic is how the Sensing Thinker sees things. So if an IQ question asks 1+1=?, I think the Sensor would have the edge.

And since personality is not about ability or intelligence, I would suspect that a retarded person could just as easily type as INTJ or INTP, the so-called "smart" personalities.
    Last edited by The Ü™; 08-11-2007 at 10:28 AM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Sensors smarts are no different than intuitors smarts, honestly. I'm pretty certain of this. It's just a matter of confidence. Sensors even when having great insights about N things will be uncofindent about them.

My ISFJ girlfriend sometimes scores higher than me on IQ tests, for example, depending on the context.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sensors smarts are no different than intuitors smarts, honestly. I'm pretty certain of this. It's just a matter of confidence. Sensors even when having great insights about N things will be uncofindent about them.

My ISFJ girlfriend sometimes scores higher than me on IQ tests, for example, depending on the context.
    This is really insightful. I know that my biggest downfall is second-guessing my intuition. When I just go with it, my results are a lot better, whether on an IQ test or any other area.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I had this saved, someone find the correct link:
    Can be seen here;

Liberty Corner: IQ and Personality

It's not 100% accurate. For anyone that has access, this is a bit more in depth;

The relationship of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to IQ level and the fluid and crystallized IQ discrepancy on the Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test (KAIT).

Also of note is

Demographic and Personality Predictors of Intelligence:A Study Using the Neo Personality Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

As it has the FFM sub traits, which shows exactly where the IQ seperation occurs... and you can compare the two different systems a bit better this way. It also has an interesting discussion on predictive vs correlation findings...

There are a bunch more, including looks at JTI (Jung) and others, but they tend to end up with the same conclusions, with variations being mostly centered around the different test types.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Is this dude important or something and why should I believe him? Where did he get that info from? Using somebody's blog as a reference for the superiority of intuitive intelligence is highly suspect. And it's really convenient that he's an INTJ, one of the "smart" people. Boo!!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Smart sensors will test as T (many smart ISFj testing as ISTj) or N (many smart ESFps testing as ENFp), thus imbalancing the correlations of a book based on MBTI tests.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And it's really convenient that he's an INTJ, one of the "smart" people. Boo!!
    That's the thing, though, INTJs like to consider themselves smart (and their J function leads them to be more cocky than INTPs). Whether they are or not is a whole different story. (Yes, I did say that.)

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    What are some areas of intelligence ideally suited to Sensing functions? Mechanical intelligence is an obvious one.
    Not obvious, merely a legend which has grown from this system. I have read where a number of ISTPs dismiss this stereotype the most.
    I was also wondering if having a photographic memory could be an example of Sensory genius?
    Not photographic memory in the traditional sense, but I do think in terms of pictures.
    There is also a kind of kinesthetic intelligence seen in athletes: that is, having immediacy in interacting with ones body, having an (dare I say it...) intuitive feel for how the body is capable of acting.
    Like all words used by Jung, intuition is not used in this system as in everyday terms[quote] in

MBTI
    TiSe

The aspects of Sensory intelligence as I understand them are:

1. Ability to trouble shoot, solve problems, and create using concrete elements in the external world.

2. The ability to remember and amass a great many details.

3. The ability to distill information and an activity down to those elements most practical and of immediate use.

What say ye?
    Maybe you can find one to troubleshoot this system. It continues to drop parts of my post. Back on point, you do know that you are describing Se in your comments, not Si. I think that Si types are quite similar to Ni types and Ne types will be alot like Se and capable of doing the same things. Also, amassing details does not equate to seeing every detail. Se types will either miss the details or never pay attention to them. Your insights are correct.