• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] SFPs and physical empathy (other types welcome)

maliafee

My brother is an INTJ and he has said that sometimes he wonders if he could be a sociopath because he can get so emotionally detached. But I've seen him feel deeply when he didn't know he was being observed, and I know my mom will attest he's been emotional. It's just harder for this type I think.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't feel a lot of empathy for people in pain. I just see it as a problem to be solved.
People whining about how hot it is and things like that drive me crazy.
Like cats people should suffer gracefully.

Wolfy, you're a cold S.O.B...bless you Bro!

I also do not empathize with people who are suffering "self induced" pain.

If I see a picture of a starving child in Africa then I can get a little upset about that, as that kid did not choose to be starving, and after all it is a child suffering.

Does that make sense? :shock:

wolfy

awsm
Wolfy, you're a cold S.O.B...bless you Bro!

I also do not empathize with people who are suffering "self induced" pain.

If I see a picture of a starving child in Africa then I can get a little upset about that, as that kid did not choose to be starving, and after all it is a child suffering.

Does that make sense? :shock:

Makes perfect sense.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did they make you tear up (on the inside or outside)?

Good question. No, they did not make me tear up, I was frustrated though, as I knew I was capable of much more, but didn't apply myself.

D

Dali

Come on Mo...you know what we're talking about. No?

Yes.

And I refuse to condone it. :rules:

Ok, seryasly, I'm with you on the inability to stand those who whine about slight pain / discomfort part but you lost me on the nil empathy for those in pain part.

Oh sh*t, guys, please dont drag me to T school...

wolfy

awsm
Yes.

And I refuse to condone it. :rules:

Ok, seryasly, I'm with you on the inability to stand those who whine about slight pain / discomfort part but you lost me on the nil empathy for those in pain part.

Oh sh*t, guys, please dont drag me to T school...

My original post was directed at people who whine about insignificant pains. OMG it's so hot today...

Real pain is a different story.

T school? Is that where you learn to make this?
I want to go there too!

1923-T-Bucket-b-r-sy-1024x768Small.jpg

D

Dali

T school is where they teach insurance folks to say no to kids dying of leukemia. :mellow:

p.s. Ts, I kid. ;)