First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    That's interesting. It sounds like you are reacting to the stress of it, while I'm reacting to the physical act of gnawing... Just my thought.
    Yes, it's possible. A very interesting thougt.
    Anyway, it's a feeling that I definitely want to avoid. That is why I try to avoid everything that causes it.

I've known one ENFP who described excactly the same thing you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Well, there may be issues that go beyond MBTI type that diminish the emotional empathy and possibly exaggerate the physical in compensation.
    Powerful emotions affect the body

Like butterflies in your stomach, crying, laughing....
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    ISFP

Anyone, I was just wondering if other SFPs (or any other type, for that matter, or any other people ) shared what I experience as a very physical emotional response.

Oh, yes. I was watching a movie and the opening scene was a man trying to remove an iron nail by using his fingernail..it was bloody and I really felt that it was my own nail scratching that iron nail off.

When I was younger, whenever I see wrestling matches, I would cringe and leave the room. I just can't stand seeing such things because I feel like I'm the one being tossed around! Fortunately, it's less frequent right now..I'm able to watch wrestling matches.

I can experience this feeling, but certain circumstances have to be met. It's not something that comes easy or natural to me like it would an ISFP.

Also, it's not that I experience it as an intense physical sensation, but if I focus on it and "put myself in their shoes" it can really affect my emotions and what I'm feeling about what that being is going through.

However, it doesn't require me to walk out of the room or stop watching for me to stop feeling it, as it seems like I can turn that part of myself off at will.

In Socionics, ISFP and ISTP have the same functions but switched around:

ISFP - Si/Fe/Ni/Te
    ISTP - Si/Te/Ni/Fe

Basically, I can and have experienced Fe in the same ways that some of you describe, but not nearly as intensely.

For ISFP, it's easier and natural for you to experience through Fe, but difficult, if not impossible for you to turn it off. For me, I have to be in the right mindset to access it, and I can simply ignore it if it's too overwhelming.

Does that make any sense?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Ugh! Just reading this makes me feel squeamish. If I were watching that movie, I'd have to shut my eyes and have someone tell me when it's safe to open them again. Unfortunately, I would still feel squeamish just from hearing the blood-curdling screams.

Quote Originally Posted by riel View Post
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Oh, yes. I was watching a movie and the opening scene was a man trying to remove an iron nail by using his fingernail..it was bloody and I really felt that it was my own nail scratching that iron nail off.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Yes, you're exactly right. For me, there is no "off switch." And it's always there, impossible to ignore.
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    I can experience this feeling, but certain circumstances have to be met. It's not something that comes easy or natural to me like it would an ISFP.

Also, it's not that I experience it as an intense physical sensation, but if I focus on it and "put myself in their shoes" it can really affect my emotions and what I'm feeling about what that being is going through.

However, it doesn't require me to walk out of the room or stop watching for me to stop feeling it, as it seems like I can turn that part of myself off at will.

In Socionics, ISFP and ISTP have the same functions but switched around:

ISFP - Si/Fe/Ni/Te
    ISTP - Si/Te/Ni/Fe

Basically, I can and have experienced Fe in the same ways that some of you describe, but not nearly as intensely.

For ISFP, it's easier and natural for you to experience through Fe, but difficult, if not impossible for you to turn it off. For me, I have to be in the right mindset to access it, and I can simply ignore it if it's too overwhelming.

Does that make any sense?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Yes, you're exactly right. For me, there is no "off switch." And it's always there, impossible to ignore.
    *sigh*
    I guess an on/off switch was not the right way to explain it, as I can only turn it off at will, but I think you got the idea

If I allow myself to be affected by something I can feel it very deeply. However, I have to be in the right mindset. Certain circumstances must be there, and I wish like hell I knew what those circumstances were.

Fe is my way of connecting to people and feeling connected to something greater than myself. When it's not on, I feel completely detached and completely alone, unable to feel and experience with others.

Sometimes I want to be detached. Then there are other times when I don't want to be, and I wish I knew how I could "turn on" my Fe. Sometimes it stays off for days or weeks and I feel nothing at all. I can't connect and be with my friends in the same way I cherish the most. I know I'm still alive, but at the same time I feel like an important part of me is missing. I can pick up on certain cues that they can also tell that a part of me is missing.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Only when i was younger. I dont experience the sensation, however seeing something physically painfull, i imagine the pain and feel revulsion, kind of like "Damn that has to hurt". However i do experience some empathy during displays of extreme pain.

F.ex, the time i watched the end of godfather III, when the daugther is shot instead of the protagnist, and he simply has a emotional breakdown from the agony, yelling the despair top of his voice. I kind of feelt empathetic, whilst at the same time showing revulsion towards the empathy by laughing my ass off at the sorrowfull scene(Which i found funny).
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

To me this thread is what threads about Ni are to sensors.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To me this thread is what threads about Ni are to sensors.
    Lol, there is nothing complex nor strange about it. There is no point in trying to act as if empathy is a completely alien concept.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."