User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Being hot or something... yeah, I don't think that's what I'm talking about. Haha... my INFJ mom does that constantly. It's too hot or too cold all the time. I'm sure we're all guilty of that sometimes though, right?

For me it's more like seeing the knife go into someone else and feeling it myself. It takes a lot for me to separate from that; it's almost impossible. Weird.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wow, this is really interesting. I can't say I've ever felt this way. *waits for other people to respond*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    For me it's more like seeing the knife go into someone else and feeling it myself. It takes a lot for me to separate from that; it's almost impossible. Weird.
    I do that I guess. I thought everybody did that?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Maybe that's because you're an ISFP like ME, silly.
    ;-)

Dali

Ha! Me too.

I was reading Malia's post and thinking "Isn't this common across the types or, at least, F types?"

For instance, I remember seeing a picture of a girl who had had a ceramic tiolet bowl she was sitting on break under her and it ended up gashing her hip rather badly. For half an hour after I saw the picture, I'd sporadically grip my hip and squirm in phantom pain. At the time, I honestly thought I would never get over it.

On the flip side, much like Wolfy, it irks me to hear people continuously whining about minor physical pain or discomfort. I respect stoicism and my mother recently mentioned that when I was younger, she'd rarely know I was ill because I'd put a brave face on and keep doing my thing. My SP sister and brother are the same in the latter regard as opposed to my NF siblings who are floored by illness.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    To some extent, sure. But honestly, I almost immediately start empathizing with what's going on their mind. The fear, the loneliness, the feeling of dying. (To that end, they have to be a pretty good actor or I just end up being amused.)

Having the same sensitivity, but flipped in favor of physical sensation with diminished emotional empathy, is a pretty interesting concept to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    To some extent, sure. But honestly, I almost immediately start empathizing with what's going on their mind. The fear, the loneliness, the feeling of dying. (To that end, they have to be a pretty good actor or I just end up being amused.)

Having the same sensitivity, but flipped in favor of physical sensation with diminished emotional empathy, is a pretty interesting concept to me.
    Those are interesting points. I've never thought what was going on in their mind as far as I can recall.

Those are interesting points. I've never thought what was going on in their mind as far as I can recall.
    Me neither. That's actually scary to do... Ack! I just had this awful thought (thanks a LOT INFP!!! ) about what kind of mindset the little fox has to have in order to actually inflict the pain on himself that'll get himself out of there... *Phew* What a relief; it's gone! Sure glad I let go of stuff easily, hehe.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Yeah, I'm fascinated by this thread. It never occurred to me that Ss would have the physical side of our emotional empathy, but it makes a lot of sense.

I would do the exact same thing with imagining the fox's mindset, but not feel the physical pain at all.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

I was just thinking when I sense somebody is worrying or angry I sense it initially as a change in my body. Discomfort, a rise in adrenaline etc.