User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Questions about ESFP

I was just wondering if ESFP changes mood quickly.
    In group activites/chatting, sometimes throughout the conversation or/and activity, an ESFP would just get pissed at me. And of course at first I'm bit surprised b/c we were getting along so well like 10 mins ago.

So my question is, is this common behavior amongst ESFP? My mother, ESFP seems to do that as well. She would quickly get mad, but then quickly become happy.

If what I hypothesized is true, what's the best move in this situation? from what i picked up, it's better to talk them out of it to make them happy again. Opposed to leaving them alone.

the "pissed" here is more of showing distaste, rather than the "i-hate-your-guts." And of course the scenario is when there are no direct conflicts between the ESFP and I.

or are there certain thing ESFPs hate?
    maybe i'm confusing "distaste" with them actually being mad.

and 200th post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

lol! I'm known for this.
    Random bursts of anger.
    There is no trigger. Its kind of weird. We're just sensitive. (more than we appear to be), and random things can push buttons.
    Keep talking or leave me alone, I don't really care.
    I'm over it within the next 30 seconds regardless.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

YEP me too. i got punished for this when i was a kid.
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    ENTP

oh such hard beings they are

MBTI
    Ixxx

Okay, here's a question: How do you know if an esfp female is into you? Like is it pretty obvious? Currently friends with one, but I'm thinking of ending even that cuz I really like her and every time we meet I find just being friends to be a form of torture (but seriously!).

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Yes, my mood changes very rapidly. When I get angry, it's really sudden and infrequent. I yell briefly and then I'm over it just as quickly. I don't get angry all that often, however.
    Yes, it's probably best to talk me out of it as opposed to leaving me alone. Or you can just change the subject. I'll get distracted by that and will forget why I am angry. If you say or do something funny, even if I'm in mid-furious stage, I'll immediately begin to laugh. That is mood changing in hyper mode.
    I truly hate being ignored. Another thing that I hate is people being mean to each other. I don't like that at all. I am very sensitive to a toxic environment and have to get away from it at once.
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 01-19-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: needed to add information
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Permabanned

ESFP's are the most underrated type on this site, I've known some pretty awesome ones

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

My dad's an ESFP, and quite possibly one of the moodiest people I know of. He could go from laughing boastfully to yelling in anger in .2 seconds. He's sort of ridiculous in that aspect.

But I wouldn't say this is necessarily something all ESFP's are prone to. Rather, I would say that anyone with low awareness of their own Fi or emotions can easily be very moody like this. I've known ESFP's who hide their emotions fairly well, considering they are feeling types. By that, I don't mean that they do not necessarily wear their heart on their sleeve... I think all feeler types do. But some are better at not acting upon every emotion in a loud and active way, and rather hold on to it more quietly. "Pretending" if you will, that something doesn't bother them, or even just being sort of laid back and letting some stuff roll off them.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ

Dominant Fi is scary. I love my older sister to death but she will switch it up in an heartbeat. We are 13 years apart so me as the quirky wierd little brother used to bother her. It's funny she has a son who is defintely STJ- seems more E than I and she says how much he reminds her of me. He's 11 and I know he doesn't feel her. I try to help him and her understand each other, but I'm not there 24/7. I'm sure he catches it often.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Hey now! Dominant Fi isn't necessarily scary in itself. Lack of awareness and control of one's Fi is scary. Not all IxFP types are scary, and in fact are typically considered far from it.

Though, I can say I've met a few Fi-dom's who can flip a lid... and I knew an ISFP who got in tons of fights... but definitely not the case for all.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green