Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    I was just wondering if ESFP changes mood quickly.
    In group activites/chatting, sometimes throughout the conversation or/and activity, an ESFP would just get pissed at me. And of course at first I'm bit surprised b/c we were getting along so well like 10 mins ago.

So my question is, is this common behavior amongst ESFP? My mother, ESFP seems to do that as well. She would quickly get mad, but then quickly become happy.

If what I hypothesized is true, what's the best move in this situation? from what i picked up, it's better to talk them out of it to make them happy again. Opposed to leaving them alone.

the "pissed" here is more of showing distaste, rather than the "i-hate-your-guts." And of course the scenario is when there are no direct conflicts between the ESFP and I.

or are there certain thing ESFPs hate?
    maybe i'm confusing "distaste" with them actually being mad.

and 200th post
    This is one of the reasons why I even considered SFP as a type, and I suspect it's a part of the reason why some people on this site have suspected me to be ESFP...quick flashes of dramatic emotion that are gotten over in a reasonably short period of time.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure ENFPs do this too, and other ENFPs have touched on this concept, I remember Orobas once said ENFPs can be having some huge emo fit like the world is ending then an hour later just casually suggest that they go get a burger like nothing ever happened.

I think the times that this becomes damaging is if you're dealing with a person who actually is destructive when emo or angry (you know, like violent or threatening) ...or if you're an SFP or ENFP dealing with a type who holds grudges and takes the outburst of emo too seriously and holds it against you for twenty years, when you've recovered from it in days, sometimes even hours or minutes.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^Yeah, I've definitely seen some ENFP moodiness before. I've seen my roommates exgirlfriend become upset over ridiculous or little things, or simply act snippy when disgruntled.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ

You ENFPs are just as guilty, if not worse.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm sure this is true, and it makes me wonder why INTJs or even some ISTJs would think we're a great type, because in my experience they can hold grudges or at least judge you too fast and think "oh that's what this person is always like, they are not trustworthy/stable/etc."

It's like they want to idealize ExFPs as though they're perpetually goofy, silly, happy...and yes, that's partly true, and we do get over stuff much more quickly than some types, and can often be broken out of our emo bullshit with hugs and kisses or something as simple as jokes...but you have to take the good with the bad, and I think one of our flaws are these seemingly childish or unpredictable bursts of emotion.

Now, I can see being wary of someone if they're violent, or just go like psychotic crazy...but that's usually not the normal emo outburst, it's usually something more whiny, petulant, foot-stomping, crying, or getting panicky that kind of thing.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

My ISTJ roommate seems to have a strong attraction towards wild and crazy girls. He was really into an ENFP girl for a while because I think he liked the fact she was so emotionally unstable... he'd stay up all night with her on the phone and attempt to calm her. But I think that was what he liked about it. I suppose because he's typically sort of predictable and emotionally cool, that it brings him out of his shell + gives him an opportunity to comfort a wild stallion. IDK. He's now with an ISFP, who often seems more E than I, but incredibly bubbly and hella crazy, too. I've also been informed by his teasing friends that she is notorious for crying when drinking. For some reason, this rang a bell with the ENFP he dated as well. Seems a definite "type" attraction.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ

I LOVE bubbly FPs. No offense to FJs but Fi is hella sexy compared to Fe. It packs helluva bite though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, and I think the opposite attraction (at least for me) is like "oooh...IxTJ boy is so calm and logical"...and INTJs in particular seem to have a talent for turning fucked up shit into funniness, and that helps keep perspective so you're not getting emo about stuff, that's the attraction for me.

The thing is, though, I don't think this is true with all of them, I don't think they all want to play the role of being "the calm, steady person." I don't know.

Banned
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESTp

I slip into my party costume whenever I see a friendly face.

Everyone else gets the evil death stare.

Ok, perhaps it is not that evil.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

My ESFP sister is the single moodiest person that I know. She can honestly lose her shit in about 0.5 seconds and then be perfectly fine ten minutes later. Incidentally, since someone brought this up, my ISTJ mother and brother have the worst relationships with her out of everyone in our family; it seems like everything she does just irritates the living hell out of them, and, once lost, they're not a type to control their tempers either (making for some humorous showdowns during my childhood between they and my sister.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

A friend of mine that's an ESFP fits this.... She can be happy and bubbly one minute, someone will say something that she takes offense to and becomes super moody.... And 20 minutes later she's fine again. Thankfully, she rarely stays made for longer than an hour!