User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 39

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default ISFPs - good editors?

    Is it an SP thing, an ISFP thing, what? I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- in books, magazines, the newspaper, and (especially) online. I really believe I find EVERY ERROR. It's not intentional, either.

    Also, I can look at the spelling of a word once and remember it forever, even if it is in my second language (French).

    Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An SP thing? Or just an S thing? OR NOT?!

  2. #2
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I don't have that, would be cool if I did.

  3. #3
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    I don't know if/how it would be related to type, but I have that too, to some degree.
    -end of thread-

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Usually IxTJs are the grammar Nazis.

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't have that. Would come in handy.

  6. #6
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Usually IxTJs are the grammar Nazis.
    Sooooo true! They routinely beat me up for my bad slepping.

  7. #7
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sooooo true! They routinely beat me up for my bad slepping.
    :steam:

    Grammar != spelling.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  8. #8
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    :steam:

    Grammar != spelling.
    Yeah, see I'm not so fussed with being accurate when I quote someone, that kinda bugs INTs, cool eh. OP's about spelling & grammar so meh

  9. #9
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yeah, see I'm not so fussed with being accurate when I quote someone, that kinda bugs INTs, cool eh. OP's about spelling & grammar so meh
    *insert cryptic phrase here*
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  10. #10
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Is it an SP thing, an ISFP thing, what? I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- in books, magazines, the newspaper, and (especially) online. I really believe I find EVERY ERROR. It's not intentional, either.

    Also, I can look at the spelling of a word once and remember it forever, even if it is in my second language (French).

    Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An SP thing? Or just an S thing? OR NOT?!
    You and I are two peas in a pod! I am exactly like this.

    I can see both Se and Si being responsible for this - Se for being inherently attuned to the physical world and Si for recalling stored impressions. Perhaps it is the combination of both since Si shadows, or gives depth to, Se and vice versa.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How to make an ISFP fall in L-O-V-E
    By CzeCze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  2. [ISFP] Any ISFPs?
    By alicia91 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 08:08 AM
  3. [ISFP] Other ISFPs: What do you do?
    By ChazzMichaels in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 06:22 AM
  4. [ISFP] help with an ISFP?
    By laughing dolphin in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. [ISFP] Daughter's boyfriend - ISFP?
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO