User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Is it an SP thing, an ISFP thing, what? I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- in books, magazines, the newspaper, and (especially) online. I really believe I find EVERY ERROR. It's not intentional, either.

Also, I can look at the spelling of a word once and remember it forever, even if it is in my second language (French).

Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An SP thing? Or just an S thing? OR NOT?!
    I have notice that you're like that, actually. I'm exactly the same way. I very much appreciate your careful, nuanced sense of sentence construction.

Actually, I believe the stereotype is that SPs aren't smart enough to understand grammar and spelling. I have to confess that your ability in this area has actually made me suspect momentarily that you weren't an SP.

I'm very conscious of using proper grammar and spelling as a way of gauging intelligence. Considering that Se is my inferior function, I would be quite surprised if this turned out to be an SP thing.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

If you're defining types by how well they can (or can't) spell then you're not really using type properly.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    If you're defining types by how well they can (or can't) spell then you're not really using type properly.
    That's right!?If you're typing by typing you're not typing correctly.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Moved from SP Blogs

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Usually IxTJs are the grammar Nazis.
    So I've heard. I can relate to them, though. I hate it when people make spelling/grammar mistakes that are noticable to me, but I know I make some of my own. I also find it annoying when "educated" people pronounce obvious words incorrectly. For example, my science teacher says "escape" as "ecscape" and "frustrated" as "fustrated." Really I'm both annoyed and amused at the same time because she sounds like a toddler when she pronounces these words.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So I've heard. I can relate to them, though. I hate it when people make spelling/grammar mistakes that are noticable to me, but I know I make some of my own. I also find it annoying when "educated" people pronounce obvious words incorrectly. For example, my science teacher says "escape" as "ecscape" and "frustrated" as "fustrated." Really I'm both annoyed and amused at the same time because she sounds like a toddler when she pronounces these words.
    How about "expresso"??! *shudder*

Truth be told, the word "bird" used to be "brid" until anglophones analyzed it incorrectly and did so often enough for the new pronunciation to stick. Kinda funny. Tons of words like that...

your resident asshole

How about "expresso"??! *shudder*

Truth be told, the word "bird" used to be "brid" until anglophones analyzed it incorrectly and did so often enough for the new pronunciation to stick. Kinda funny. Tons of words like that...
    Hehe. Imagine how annoyed the people who said "brid" must've been with the people who said it "bird."

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Hehe. Imagine how annoyed the people who said "brid" must've been with the people who said it "bird."
    *giggle* I love thinking about things like that.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

So... are they birdbrains or bridbrains?
    Bridbrain is kind of hard to pronounce!

*giggle* I love thinking about things like that.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    So... are they birdbrains or bridbrains?
    Bridbrain is kind of hard to pronounce!
    Haha... funny!

I was also just thinking about the great vowel shift and all the people coming to live in London from around England during that time... and how different words with the same spellings got normalized, even though their pronunciations differ wildly.

Originally, all the below words had the same "ough" pronunciation (which differed from dialect to dialect across the board). Our modern pronunciations have been regularized but imagine how frustrating it was for the people who said "ough" as "uff" (for example) when they heard all the other varieties, and then as those got to be more and more permanent...!

THOUGH = Thoe
    BOUGH = Bow
    THROUGH = Throo
    ENOUGH = Enuff
    COUGH = Coff