User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An P thing? Or S thing?
    This looks better.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Default Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    You and I are two peas in a pod! I am exactly like this.

I can see both Se and Si being responsible for this - Se for being inherently attuned to the physical world and Si for recalling stored impressions. Perhaps it is the combination of both since Si shadows, or gives depth to, Se and vice versa.
    Neat to have something in common with ISTPs (not such a big surprise though, right?). I have always really liked ISTPs; great personalities.

I find the functional analysis interesting. I don't know enough about that...

Default Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    This looks better.
    Umm, are you teasing me? Hehe...

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Umm, are you teasing me? Hehe...
    Well, you just left yourself wide open....I'm suprised that I got there first...Hah!
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    You and I are two peas in a pod! I am exactly like this.

I can see both Se and Si being responsible for this - Se for being inherently attuned to the physical world and Si for recalling stored impressions. Perhaps it is the combination of both since Si shadows, or gives depth to, Se and vice versa.
    I thought you were ENFP. Am I going crazy?
    -end of thread-

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I thought you were ENFP. Am I going crazy?
    I'm definitely not ENFP.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I glanced at the word "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia" for about five seconds and it got stuck in my head completely. It still is. You can tell me to spell it out in RL and I'll do it in a heartbeat (and be correct).

That was like.... two years ago too... geez.

Spelling errors do irk me sometimes though. I can't stand when people mix up "your" for "you're" or other words like that.... unless I'm in a lazy bum mood. Then it's just, "whatever". I could care less. XD

Dali

Is it an SP thing, an ISFP thing, what? I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- in books, magazines, the newspaper, and (especially) online. I really believe I find EVERY ERROR. It's not intentional, either.

Also, I can look at the spelling of a word once and remember it forever, even if it is in my second language (French).

Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An SP thing? Or just an S thing? OR NOT?!
    Bloody hell, Malia. It feels like you're me! In a prettier package, of course. I identify with so much of what you post including this. (except for the spelling. Due to my mild dyslexia, words with double SSs and double MMs have me doubleguessing the spelling but I always get even those right)

A friend once told me to "stop proofreading everything you see!" after I pointed out a few typos while reading an online profile of hers.

And it's not just the written word; I'm crap at coming up with stuff of my own but I can improve upon almost everything I see aesthetically and in other ways too. For instance, at my current (new) workplace, I'm just biding my time until I've been here for another 2 weeks or so before I suggest some changes to their consumer sales kits that will make them look more professional, more standardised and nicer. I think its due to our ability to just know 'what fits' and what doesn't. Se + Te at work perhaps?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I notice every single spelling error as well (at least in my first language)

It annoys me sometimes, because if it is one of my friends i feel obliged to point it out to them. As a result of this, i have had friends asking me to look through their papers before they turn them in

So yeah, i guess ISFPs could make good editors

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I proofread everything that I see, too. It's not intentional but it happens. As for the spelling, I notice Miss Spelled words right away. I have an auditory processing disorder and I don't read phonetically. I never could do phonics. I recognize entire words. If they are misspelled, I will know immediately because they do not look like the word that I have in my visual reading memory bank. If the word is badly misspelled, I won't even know what the word is and will have to get someone to identify it for me.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.