User Tag List

First 3456 Last

I find the stereotypes amusing. I'm sort of new to all of this though. Probably will get bored after awhile.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There have been countless discussions about Sensors and why iNtuitives don't like certain aspects of their behavior and such.
    Ignorance is bliss.

It was suggested that what an N considers to be a negative quality, an S would naturally embrace.
    Sounds like an assumptive and derogatory mindset from which to live one's life.

This implies that these comments and discussions would not be offensive to a Sensor, at least not in the way they would be offensive to an iNtuitive.
    Sounds like a shallow theory to me. Oh wait, iNtuitives can't be shallow, right? Pardon me.

So as a Sensor, what is your reaction to comments about Sensing that iNtuitives consider negative qualities?

What stereotypes have you encountered?
    IRL = NONE
    On this Forum = From an Ignorant Few...

What is your reaction to these stereotypes?
    I know plenty of iNtuitives (e.g .my wife=INFJ, my brother=INTJ, a best friend=INTP), and I've had no such issues with them.

In my honest opinion, I think remarks as such are indicative of people who have lived their life in a bubble of their own making, and who allow self inflicted neuroticism to jeopardize their chances of living harmoniously with others.

Many of my posts here state my contempt of stereotypes. I have proven them wrong at several junctures in my life. They are a tool for those with insufficient faith in their own self worth to make derogatory statements about others in a passive way.

There are too many people on this board who misuse various typological schools of thought as a substitute for a true and accurate understanding of people.

To those holding negative stereotypes against Sensors, I offer the following:
    (1) All of us bleed the same color.
    (2) Your shit stinks too.
    (3) We will all rot in the ground after we die.
    (4) Get over yourself.

Hugs and kisses,

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I love them, keep it up.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Nuh uh, Halla. I bleed rainbows.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Nuh uh, Halla. I bleed rainbows.
    I want to see. Prove it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I've never been stereotyped outside of this forum. Well, not for being a sensor anyway.
    I can't imagine having anyone actually rolling their eyes and going "ugh, stupid sensor". But here, at this forum, I've had one or two people become short with me because 'I'm a sensor'.

"you expect me to dumb things down for you"
    "you could never take on an intuive, much less control them."
    "Wow, you didn't get that joke? You're such a sensor."

Seriously?
    I've been told IRL multiple times that I'm the wisest and most intellectual teenager that many people have ever met. There are lots of qualities that I and everyone else here have that others will simply never experience. Just because you see one part of a personality, doesn't mean there aren't others.

It's hard sometimes not to fall into the stereotyping game, but it's important to realize that everyone has a story, experiences and has lived life differently than yourself. There are ALWAYS exceptions to the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I love them, keep it up.
    I also love all of them. Please, more bullshit stereotypes. I really do like 'em, I can't see the bad in 'em. Why do people care what some dumbass thinks on the net anyway. That's what I wonder.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You sensors are so inferior. At fantasy role-playing games. Sometimes. Maybe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I can't even imagine playing fantasy role playing games, that's how suck my N is.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    You sensors are so inferior. At fantasy role-playing games. Sometimes. Maybe.
    Yes, I have the overwhelming desire to smack you over the head with the board after five minutes. Balancing a weak function with a strength.