User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 55

  1. #31
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    "?" has to be my favorite poster on the board. I love it when he shuts down an intuitive circle jerk with his knowledge of MBTI.

    I'm beginning to wonder if the N stands for Narcissism rather than iNtuiting.
    *gazing at self in mirror while smiling*

    What, did you say something, sassafrassquatch?

  2. #32
    Senior Member Lookin4theBestNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    801

    Default

    ^^^^LOL^^^^




    *I didn't know C3PO had a sense of humor*
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

  3. #33
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think it was Voltaire who disdained the "modern" obsession with teaching everything by lectures. He mocked the educational system by saying that he didn't understand why everything had to be taught from books and in organised classes, and called for more acknowledgement of independent study and learning, and practical, hands-on methods of learning. ...
    I SO agree with you!

    My ISTP son is highly intelligent but he learns by touching things!
    Lectures and reading are exceedingly dead things to him.
    Montessori schools were invented for kids like him.

    When I taught him his letters, we would draw them in an inch of sand in the bottom of a shoe box.

    Quote Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
    If we are talking about car stereotypes I always like jvc or kenwood.
    I don't like those cheap roadmaster or sound design car stereos
    For home stereotypes pioneer or sony are just fine.
    A true ISTP jokester!

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...forced to study those to death, though you may disagree and perceive another aspect that's just as crucial, yet neglected, which you'd like to highlight.
    This is why I can't make myself take on higher education.

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    As always, my first question to inquiries such as this is, are you referring to Se types or Si types? Most of what is referred to on this and other forums, pertains to Si, not Se types. I think that one problem that I have with the forums (mostly Ne types) is the generalizations made and the erroneous stereotyping. Contrary to belief Ne types are not willing to go the extra mile in studying as to whether information read is true.
    In response to your complaint, I have found a couple of definitions to work with from CognitiveProcesses.com:

    Si:
    "Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference
    Last edited by proteanmix; 10-13-2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: merged posts

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ????
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I would've assumed that N's also dismiss the idea of education because they rely on their hunches to form their own thoughts.

    Personally, I am becoming more and more against the idea of higher education, too. To be blunt, I would say that it's for people too lazy to think for themselves, much like watching the news. I personally study on my own -- I don't need a professor to control my thoughts. I just find them as a necessary evil to get ahead in the world.

    To put it in lighter terms, though, I think academia is for people who are weary of their own conceptions, and so they turn to an authority figure (in academia's case, a professor). I dunno, but the kind of environment seen in academia seems very SJ to me.

    I don't think academia is any more reliable than Wikipedia. You hear what is said to be the facts, but you really have no way of knowing if it's true.
    Interesting that you say that, but not surprising at all. It makes me wonder if all that college is doing is just filling up our heads with mush, and that "education" may only have an appearance of "intelligence" when there really isn't any substance to it. Could it be that much of what we were taught in college is really useless or wrong, or even worse, almost all of it?

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yes, but not just that - I rely on hunches to inform my choice as to where to look next, what to study, read or think about next; to daisy-chain my way organically through a continuous, decades-long train of thought, following wherever my intuition inspires me.

    College, on the other hand, is about being told what to read, when to read it, how to read it, what to make of it, what to read next, what and when to write about it - and being told to carry on reading once you've lost interest and want to read something else, or know a more promising and inspiring route or tangent to take. Or being told what aspects of a subject you ought to know, or are most important, and forced to study those to death, though you may disagree and perceive another aspect that's just as crucial, yet neglected, which you'd like to highlight.
    I highly value independent learning. When I'm learning something interesting to me on my own terms, it's one of the funnest things to do. Course, to me, REAL learning, to me anyways, is not for the sake of some goal in the future. Rather, it's for it's own sake, for the fun of it, and for curiosity's sake.

  5. #35
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Hanging around Ns for too long irritates me.

    Not every fucking word that comes out of my mouth or every fucking movement I make is going to be deep and meaningful. And yeah, it IS creepy when you over-analyze what I do.

    And if your ideas are not only totally IRRELEVANT from what is actually going on, but are also FILLED WITH HOLES due to the fact that you never check your facts and COMPLETELY IGNORE what proof there is SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE, then no, I DON'T give a shit about them.

    And for God's sake, just because you're not good at something, or you disapprove of it, or because everyone else understands the point of it and you don't, DOESN'T mean that it's superficial.

    The more someone complains about superficial things to me, the more I think they have nothing to offer to the world but SHIT.

    FROZEN SHIT from their own ASS that they mistake for a beautiful unique snowflake.

    Also, S humor is usually ten thousand times funnier than N humor.

    *edit: Realization - A point that I think everyone wants to make is that,
    Just because I don't give a shit about your shit, doesn't mean I am shit. Like you.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  6. #36
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    That was beautiful Niffer, brought tears to my eyes.

    ETA: Reading some of the threads popping up around here makes me momentarily sad. Do you feel like you belong? Anyone else feel weird their whole life? Misunderstood XXXX. Frankly, I'm quite happy I'm a borderline S/N if it means I've avoided all these problems and honestly I don't think intuitiveness is the cause of a majority of feelings. MBTI isn't the answer to every psychological problem.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  7. #37
    Senior Member Lookin4theBestNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJmom
    A true ISTP jokester!
    Yes, Hanover thinks he is pretty darn funny usually . He does tell good jokes sometimes....however when he is home they are usually directed at me! He makes plenty of jokes about MBTI. I suppose it is retaliation for having to hear about it all the time even though he doesn't actually care!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

  8. #38
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zayin-x View Post
    Interesting that you say that, but not surprising at all. It makes me wonder if all that college is doing is just filling up our heads with mush, and that "education" may only have an appearance of "intelligence" when there really isn't any substance to it. Could it be that much of what we were taught in college is really useless or wrong, or even worse, almost all of it?
    Yes. I pretty much disregard everything in school that I don't think will potentially help me in the future. Let's just say that most of my college education has already been forgotten (and I'm still in college). But, then again, we don't go to college for an education. We go to college for a piece of paper.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  9. #39
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    FROZEN SHIT from their own ASS that they mistake for a beautiful unique snowflake.
    Ha -- N's think they shit snowflakes, where really it's all posterior psoriasis.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ... MBTI isn't the answer to every psychological problem.
    ... and it's probably caused a few just on its lonesome.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #40
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    So as a Sensor, what is your reaction to comments about Sensing that iNtuitives consider negative qualities? What stereotypes have you encountered? What is your reaction to these stereotypes?
    Honestly, it seems pointless to get too upset about stereotypes since they are limited to only those who prescribe to MBTI on forums, don't effect me in the real world and based on many poor assumptions written on the forums, are being stated by those with limited understanding of the basic principles of type. I would think that stereotypes would be more important to introverted intuitive types since extraverted types and introverted sensing types are going to consider the opinions of little worth, in particularly if they have an understanding of how type is applied.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. [NT] How do you react to unresolved conflict?
    By fidelia in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM
  3. [SJ] How do you react to unresolved conflict?
    By fidelia in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 01:07 AM
  4. [SP] How do you react to anger?
    By ColonelGadaafi in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 01:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO