First 12345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I would've assumed that N's also dismiss the idea of education because they rely on their hunches to form their own thoughts.

Personally, I am becoming more and more against the idea of higher education, too. To be blunt, I would say that it's for people too lazy to think for themselves, much like watching the news. I personally study on my own -- I don't need a professor to control my thoughts. I just find them as a necessary evil to get ahead in the world.

To put it in lighter terms, though, I think academia is for people who are weary of their own conceptions, and so they turn to an authority figure (in academia's case, a professor). I dunno, but the kind of environment seen in academia seems very SJ to me.

I don't think academia is any more reliable than Wikipedia. You hear what is said to be the facts, but you really have no way of knowing if it's true.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I would've assumed that N's also dismiss the idea of education because they rely on their hunches to form their own thoughts.
    Yes, but not just that - I rely on hunches to inform my choice as to where to look next, what to study, read or think about next; to daisy-chain my way organically through a continuous, decades-long train of thought, following wherever my intuition inspires me.

College, on the other hand, is about being told what to read, when to read it, how to read it, what to make of it, what to read next, what and when to write about it - and being told to carry on reading once you've lost interest and want to read something else, or know a more promising and inspiring route or tangent to take. Or being told what aspects of a subject you ought to know, or are most important, and forced to study those to death, though you may disagree and perceive another aspect that's just as crucial, yet neglected, which you'd like to highlight.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    istp

If we are talking about car stereotypes I always like jvc or kenwood.
    I don't like those cheap roadmaster or sound design car stereos
    For home stereotypes pioneer or sony are just fine.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
    If we are talking about car stereotypes I always like jvc or kenwood.
    I don't like those cheap roadmaster or sound design car stereos
    For home stereotypes pioneer or sony are just fine.
    Huge fan of Alpine here... got one with the ipod interface cable, it is godlike

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    So as a Sensor, what is your reaction to comments about Sensing that iNtuitives consider negative qualities? What stereotypes have you encountered? What is your reaction to these stereotypes?
    As always, my first question to inquiries such as this is, are you referring to Se types or Si types? Most of what is referred to on this and other forums, pertains to Si, not Se types. I think that one problem that I have with the forums (mostly Ne types) is the generalizations made and the erroneous stereotyping. Contrary to belief Ne types are not willing to go the extra mile in studying as to whether information read is true.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    As always, my first question to inquiries such as this is, are you referring to Se types or Si types? Most of what is referred to on this and other forums, pertains to Si, not Se types. I think that one problem that I have with the forums (mostly Ne types) is the generalizations made and the erroneous stereotyping. Contrary to belief Ne types are not willing to go the extra mile in studying as to whether information read is true.
    Yes... I remember you saying this, roughly to me earlier. I should of listened more back then, it would seem That stereotype seems to be the inverse of what actually is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I like how you use the question as an example in your answer. I suppose it does carry a precieved stereotype in itself. Then again, I'd use such a question to see the differences between Si and Se as well.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"?" has to be my favorite poster on the board. I love it when he shuts down an intuitive circle jerk with his knowledge of MBTI.

I'm beginning to wonder if the N stands for Narcissism rather than iNtuiting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    "?" has to be my favorite poster on the board. I love it when he shuts down an intuitive circle jerk with his knowledge of MBTI.

I'm beginning to wonder if the N stands for Narcissism rather than iNtuiting.
    That happens often enough, that's why we need more of you guys.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Contrary to belief Ne types are not willing to go the extra mile in studying as to whether information read is true.
    Shhhhhh!!! Don't give away all of our secrets now.
    If there is one thing that college has taught me it's that being factually correct is not as important as being able to argue your point clearly.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com