User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 96

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default Intuitards: Do all Sensors suck?

    Most people here are iNtuitives and don't seem to think much of Sensors and I thought that was a bit harsh. Today it occured to me that most of the S types do acutally suck.

    There are 4 SJs (tyrants ) and 2 ESxPs (loud ) not to mention the overlap of ESxJs .

    So that's 6 out of 8 Sensors with the potential to be very annoying people. That Leaves the ISxPs, who I don't think would be exceptionally annoying since the ISTPs would be off by themselves tinkering and the ISFPs would be alone doing creative ISFP things. None of this is to say that Ns are the pinnacle of human evolution or anything. I shouldn't have to remind you that the ENTJ Evil Overlord is in your camp.
    Last edited by sassafrassquatch; 11-13-2007 at 04:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    927

    Default

    I personally don't look down on someone just for being an S, my closest friend is an SJ, who although falls into the SJ online description, doesn't actually fall into the way some people at these N forums describe them.

    My issue isn't with the S and N divide lol, it's one of the other functions that I am more judgemental of.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Shimpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ISFx
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    There are 4 SJs (tyrants )
    How could an ISxJ be a tyrant? We're introverted and unassuming people who sometimes have issues with low self-confidence.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    How could an ISxJ be a tyrant? We're introverted and unassuming people who sometimes have issues with low self-confidence.

    Maybe ISFJs aren't tyrants but ISTJs are.

    ISTJ: The Thought Police

    ISTJs are characterized by loyalty, duty, and civic responsibility. As an ISTJ, you have a natural understanding of the value of civil harmony and order, and a deep-seated dislike of non-conformity, anarchy, and chaos.

    For an ISTJ, work is very important to a sense of self-satisfaction. Happiness comes most easily for you when you have a job that allows you to express your ethic. Whether it's blasting traitorous rebel scum as a proud Imperial Stormtrooper or monitoring the population's cerebral implants searching for evidence of unauthorized thought patterns as one of the Thought Police, you're most satisfied when you are crushing the population beneath the iron boot heel of oppression on behalf of your masters.

    RECREATION; ISTJs approach leisure with the same dedication they bring to spreading tyrrany and oppression. Common ISTJ pasttimes include cleaning their rifles, improving their marksmanship, betting on political dissidents in the Gladiator Arena, and macrame.

    COMPATIBILITY: ISTJs are capable of stong emotional connections, bonding closely with the other ISTJs in their unit, platoon, or sector.

    Famous ISTJs include TK-421, Torquemada, and Yuri Andropov.

  5. #5
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Most people here are iNtuitives and don't seem to think much of Sensors and I thought that was a bit harsh. Today it occured to me that most of the S types do acutally suck.

    There are 4 SJs (tyrants ) and 2 ESxPs (loud ) not to mention the overlap of ESxJs .

    So that's 6 out of 8 Sensors with the potential to be very annoying people. That Leaves the ISxPs, who I don't think would be exceptionally annoying since the ISTPs would be off by themselves tinkering and the ISFPs would be alone doing creative ISFP things. None of this is to say that Ns are the pinnacle of human evolution or anything. I shouldn't have to remind you that the ENTJ Evil Overlord is in your camp.
    Hm. No.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  6. #6
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Maybe ISFJs aren't tyrants but ISTJs are.
    No, not necessarily. Being responsible, loyal and duty minded doesn't make one a tyrant. It can make living with one interesting, though. I imagine if you didn't have a strong will or sense of yourself it might be harder; and it would depend on how rounded the ISTJ was. But you can say that about any type.

    While my husband can be trying, so can I. But when it comes to conflict more often than not he's the peacemaker or the one to back down (usually because I'm always right [lol]).

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

  7. #7
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    How could an ISxJ be a tyrant? We're introverted and unassuming people who sometimes have issues with low self-confidence.
    I agree that's definitely a stretch. Surely ISFJs can't be guilty of everything - both martyrs and tyrants? Wow.


    ********************************
    The history of this site is...
    1. iNuitive Central, which eventually went belly up then everyone flocked to the existing ...
    2. INTP Central, where some got frustrated having too many non-INTPs around necessitating...
    3. MBTI Central.

    There has never been a balanced representation of Sensors on these sites, from what i understand. Because of this, the concept of S has become a bit of a dumping ground for those traits the majority of posters don't care for. In this cyber-culture there is a distortion of information regarding what Sensing is actually all about. It's why so many posters are mis-identified as iNtuitives.

    My impression of these sites along with what I know so far about MBTI suggests that a significant percentage of people identifying as Ns on all the above mentioned sites, are actually Ss and either don't realize it, or don't care to admit it. The percentage of ISTPs or at least IXTPs on INTPcentral is significant imo - including some rather high profile posters. (I could be wrong, since I can only base it on online personas). The same could well be true here. INFs can often be ISFs in reality. For some reason, the introverted types seem to most often get mis-identified between N and S.

    There have been a few Sensors who have stuck it out through all the slap happy negativity, keeping a reasoned and sensible ( ) position. They do more to represent the Sensing preference than all the negative stereotypes do to tear it down.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Not all sensors suck, but I think a substantial majority of them are sheep. Sensors are more likely to believe government and corporate propaganda, because it's "practical". Sensors are more likely to submit to authority than to challenge it. That's a major problem with this country.

    I find most sensors to be uninteresting and annoying. Not all are, and I appreciate most on this forum (and INTPc). This is just my horribly biased opinion from my interaction with them.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #9
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There has never been a balanced representation of Sensors on these sites, from what i understand. Because of this, the concept of S has become a bit of a dumping ground for those traits the majority of posters don't care for. In this cyber-culture there is a distortion of information regarding what Sensing is actually all about. It's why so many posters are mis-identified as iNtuitives.

    My impression of these sites along with what I know so far about MBTI suggests that a significant percentage of people identifying as Ns on all the above mentioned sites, are actually Ss and either don't realize it, or don't care to admit it. The percentage of ISTPs or at least IXTPs on INTPcentral is significant imo - including some rather high profile posters. (I could be wrong, since I can only base it on online personas). The same could well be true here. INFs can often be ISFs in reality. For some reason, the introverted types seem to most often get mis-identified between N and S.

    There have been a few Sensors who have stuck it out through all the slap happy negativity, keeping a reasoned and sensible ( ) position. They do more to represent the Sensing preference than all the negative stereotypes do to tear it down.
    I agree with you, I think there are many mistyped ISTPs on INTPc and and quite a few depressed ESFJs.

    I've said this before but the S/N divide is the hardest to discern unless you're dealing with a person who is very heavily Sensing or Intuiting. I hate to pull my ace, but I talk to people A LOT. I probably talk to more people on a daily basis than most people here encounter in a week. If there's anything I do it's get out and interact with people and I'm telling you while most people have their default S or N, they very easily slide from one place to the other. I've taken the very same topics that come up on this forum to my coworkers and we get into very good discussions about them. I've brought topics that we talk about at work here and the same replies. Most people lie on the bell curve of S/N.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    I read a few other threads and this one seems kind of redundant now.

    Meh. Too late. I was just airing an epiphany I had.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do drinking games suck?
    By simulatedworld in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
  2. Why do all the popular MBTI websites suck at information?
    By 527468 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 06:10 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Part of my book...what do all of you think?
    By elementaltale in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
  4. Why do English teachers suck so vigorously?
    By Risen in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
  5. Do all dogs go to heaven?
    By miss fortune in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO