User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, global warming is more a concern for SJs, methinks. Think of those old SJs who bitch about the youth. I'd say that sort of thinking could extend to global warming, the fear that the world is suddenly going to end.

An N probably wouldn't even care about global warming because they're big picture oriented -- and the big picture is that we're all gonna die anyway so why bother trying to save the world?
    You might be joking, I can't tell.

If you aren't, then I guess that makes me an SJ, simply because I believe very much in global warming, and always have had a deep concern for the ecological, non-human world??

I have an ISFJ friend who is extremely thoughtful, perceptive, and has destroyed my preconceived notions of S types. She can follow the intuition stuff, and completely understands a lot of my feelings, maybe better than some of the N's I've met. But, I also think she doesn't really understand some of my abstractness/haziness, and my general approach to life. She's much more planned out, and perhaps more 'simple' (for lack of a better word - I don't mean this in a bad way, and am not implying lack of intelligence or ability) - she just seems a little more solid, or something. I don't know.

I don't have much firsthand experience w/ S's. All of my close friends are N's, aside from the one mentioned above, so I don't really know any other S's for sure (although no doubt know many that are acquaintances, or that I work with). Although, I had my mom take the mbti test a few yrs ago, and she came out ISxJ (I can't remember whether it was T or F). But..I don't really want to bring her into this! ;-)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

NFs also have distorted thinking.

It is a weakness to care about others, because we're all walking time bombs anyway.

But the SJ is the type who complains about the decreasing intellect of the youth of America.

MBTI
    INTJ

But the SJ is the type who complains about the decreasing intellect of the youth of America.
    Haha, indeed, and that bugs me ... In fact the opposite is happening, the youth is getting smarter (Flynn Effect) ...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Haha, indeed, and that bugs me ... In fact the opposite is happening, the youth is getting smarter (Flynn Effect) ...
    It felt like Flynn...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    None of this is to say that Ns are the pinnacle of human evolution or anything. I shouldn't have to remind you that the ENTJ Evil Overlord is in your camp.
    ENTx's make the world go round baby. Without us, jack shit would happen, I tell ya. Y'all would die of boredom. Or we would anyway, which is what matters, heheheh...

Nah I love ISTP's. My best mate is ISTP. They totally rock. IxxP's generally rock, unless they're ISFP's, in which case they get on my nerves. But otherwise, FWIW, I've no axes to grind against Sensors.

There is this funny story though right, about my ISTP buddy when we were playing poker one night? We had these French cards (me being French) that were just the same as English cards except for K, Q and J are R, D and V respectively. Not exactly rocket science, considering the pictures pretty much gave it away anyway. But this ISTP couldn't handle it, so we wrote him a post-it note and stuck it to his part of the table, with "R=King, D=Queen and V=Jack" on it. He was the only one out of 8 of us (all otherwise iNtuitives) who needed it even though I'm the only one that speaks French. Throughout the game he was holding his cards up to the post-it note and saying aloud to himself, "Hmmm, R - that's ... king... right and V that's..." like, great poker face, dude... hahaha

I guess you had to be there really.

Anyway no, ISTP's are cool, and don't you be dissing ENTx's while I'm around or you'll pay buddy!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTJs kick ass, they remind us how fun war and genocide are.

INTJs make terrific serial killers and school shooters! (Cold and calculating.)

ISTPs make the best spree/highway killers! (Spontaneous and fun.)

Isn't death amusing?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You guys are the best
    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Throughout the game he was holding his cards up to the post-it note and saying aloud to himself, "Hmmm, R - that's ... king... right and V that's..." like, great poker face, dude... hahaha

I guess you had to be there really.
    INTJs make terrific serial killers and school shooters! (Cold and calculating.)

ISTPs make the best spree/highway killers! (Spontaneous and fun.)

MBTI
    GONE

I have a very strong N function (like 80%?) and I loves me some S's!. Mostly because it's novel and I really need some S in my life. Not not that 'S' you perv, but yeah, I also find ISFP and ESTJ's pretty attractive (I think from my limited experience). ISFP are an enigma and I love it! I love poking around down there.

IMO, the 'S' means people function in the moment, own and express their physicality by second nature, and just experience the world in a very different way from me. I would like to try living like that and see what it's like. So yeah, I'm intrigued.

I can definitely see things about those personality types that could annoy me after a while, but I'll take the annoying with the good.

My parents both tested S. I couldn't imagine society without Protectors and Providers as Keirsey would call them. Anyone that whittles down an individual to a type and constantly devalues that type rather than seeing both strengths and weaknesses is not much different than a racist or sexist, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    Often iNtuitors are intimidated by the sensing world with its expectations, some types more than others; I see it all the time. Ns probably get cliquey and superior in reaction to this, as many minorities do. Ever seen how nasty homosexuals can be about heterosexuals on forums? It's all harmless venting, I'm sure. They don't mean it.
    Very astute observations on both MBTI and homo/hetero-sexual accounts. However, harmless? Sometimes the seemingly harmless rants of others elicit violence from the insecure and unstable.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Most people here are iNtuitives and don't seem to think much of Sensors and I thought that was a bit harsh. Today it occured to me that most of the S types do acutally suck.

There are 4 SJs (tyrants ) and 2 ESxPs (loud ) not to mention the overlap of ESxJs .

So that's 6 out of 8 Sensors with the potential to be very annoying people. That Leaves the ISxPs, who I don't think would be exceptionally annoying since the ISTPs would be off by themselves tinkering and the ISFPs would be alone doing creative ISFP things. None of this is to say that Ns are the pinnacle of human evolution or anything. I shouldn't have to remind you that the ENTJ Evil Overlord is in your camp.
    A hyperbole.