First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The way I see it, Intuitives are isolated from reality but don't see it as an unhealthy way of life.

Sensors live and show concern for actual reality and current events (such as global warming), Intuitives invent their own reality and are more accepting of pseudo-science.

MBTI
    INXP

Experimental science, sure, but pseudoscience? I do like some peas with my carrots.

I'll concede, though, that whether a particular subject should be labeled as a pseudoscience may be open for debate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I work closely with an ISFP, an ESFP and an ESFx. Straightforward, deft, capable. One of them is a sworn policeman while all three are licensed airplane pilots, and I would trust each with my life.

MBTI
    IXTX

You can just a S w/ your life.

And N on the other hand would probably sacrifice you for the greater good.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
    And N on the other hand would probably sacrifice you for the greater good.
    NT, probably. NF, I'm not so sure about.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Based on what I know of type theory, dissing specific types/functions is an unethical misuse of type.

That said, I'm aware I've already dissed my own type and ENTPs/ENTJs.

I grew up among Sensors, my oldest friend is a Sensor.

The one consistent element I find lacking is the ability to look beyond the surface. Surprise surprise. I don't seek out Sensors when I want to explore nuances, seek patterns, or discuss trends.

My biggest frustration is when they take me literally. Especially when I'm trying to be humorous.

MBTI
    xNFJ

I'd be proud to be an S if I were one. I'm just not.

I think if there's any animosity against Ss from Ns it's probably from those who feel insecure or victimised in some way by specific sensors or what they perceive as a sensing society.

I know when I read the INFJ (what I scored before I knew anything about typology) description, it felt good to suddenly have an 'excuse' for all the short-comings that my sensing family and some sensing peers had brought to my attention. That's not the author's or MBTI's intention, I'm sure, but it's how I took it!

Often iNtuitors are intimidated by the sensing world with its expectations, some types more than others; I see it all the time. Ns probably get cliquey and superior in reaction to this, as many minorities do. Ever seen how nasty homosexuals can be about heterosexuals on forums? It's all harmless venting, I'm sure. They don't mean it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    I know when I read the INFJ (what I scored before I knew anything about typology) description, it felt good to suddenly have an 'excuse' for all the short-comings that my sensing family and some sensing peers had brought to my attention. That's not the author's or MBTI's intention, I'm sure, but it's how I took it!
    This is interesting-- we bring so much to the table when we analyze ourselves. I think that I come from a family that tends toward the N and the P, and I wonder if this is why I thought I was an SJ at first (maybe I am, it's hard to know, given these biases and preconceptions- this stuff is all pretty subjective). My mother and older brother are SO N, I guess I thought I couldn't possibly be what they are. Same with my dad-- I thought he was ISFJ but now I think he's INFJ. Our N just isn't quite as strong as theirs.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    xNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is interesting-- we bring so much to the table when we analyze ourselves. I think that I come from a family that tends toward the N and the P, and I wonder if this is why I thought I was an SJ at first (maybe I am, it's hard to know, given these biases and preconceptions- this stuff is all pretty subjective). My mother and older brother are SO N, I guess I thought I couldn't possibly be what they are. Same with my dad-- I thought he was ISFJ but now I think he's INFJ. Our N just isn't quite as strong as theirs.
    Maybe having parents with an unusually strong preference makes us over-compensate in our own lives, to fill the void. My family were all fairly strong sensors and it was so rare for me to play outside or interact with other children until I went to school that if I hadn't become a full-time dreamer, I'd have gone quite mad.

I don't think everyone has a default perceiving function. The best functioning people will be able to judge when something is best processed through N or S and in what proportion. Most people probably have a slight bias towards using one or the other when they can get away with it, but I agree with proteinmix, usually it's not very discernable. Having a more considerable degree of preference is not necessarily bad, as long as the individual is not unwilling or unable to use the other when it would benefit themselves. E.g. due to some research I read about today, I suspect that having a strong N preference and a weak sensing capacity underlies psychotic illness, while those same N abilities, when combined with also exceptional sensing abilities, are what constitute genius. This research was about the link between genius and insanity and looked at several N characteristics and working memory, which I attribute to sensing. One without the other does more harm than good.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Sensors live and show concern for actual reality and current events (such as global warming)
    You might be right, but global warming is a very bad example, perhaps because it's more of a future than present challenge? I think intuitives are probably more likely to care about and acknowledge it … That being said, you would probably have seen a larger difference between intuitives and sensors a few years ago, as global warming is being more and more accepted as a fact.